Why does it seem so many people on this site are so angry an

Options
12345679»

Replies

• jac2lyn
    jac2lyn Posts: 90
    Options
    I agree, we should all just be happy. We are trying to take control of not just our bodies but our lives. SMILE :)
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I definitely can't answer "why" because I have no idea, but I can say that a big reason that I don't post on the forums as much as I read them (which still isn't all that much) is because I almost always without fail stumble across some argument or some post where people really seem to have a whole lot invested in being "right". I'd like to spend more time on the forums because I see that a lot of my friends are really having fun on them, but I don't need any mental stress.
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I read an article a while ago that dieting does make people short-tempered. I also think its post-Christmas blues and the weather and people generally bite their tongue in 'real life' so they use forums to vent their spleen because they are not face to face with the person.:bigsmile:
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    CAUSE THEY DON'T EAT!!!

HUNGRY HUNGRY. HIPPOES.

Its the only explanation.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    people who hang out on the internet take EVERYTHING personally and EVERYTHING in the most negative way
  • californiahomegirl
    californiahomegirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude! Thank you for bringing anger to our attention--putting it out there on the table! We can't fix it if we don't know it's broke. Anger should be addressed and dealt with--it's hurtful.

The weight loss journey may be enjoyable, but also painful as we face those inner fears--emotionally getting worse before it gets better.I think a lot of us became overweight b/c we learned to use food to stuff down our anger in the first place. Then, when society, family, etc. didn't love and accept us the way we were (fat), we got even angrier! It 's a longer road for some of us to not live for the voices of those around us. This profile may not fit everyone, but it seems to fit many--including me! I have to live for inner motives, not outer ones.
  • kimmid70
    kimmid70 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We are all adults, let's have some fun, lose some weight, and enjoy the ride! These are great times, we are taking control of our bodies. We rule this day, no reason not to feel boss about that!

I like it!! Great attitude. I agree. I've read some really nasty posts and I don't get why people feel they have to be sarcastic or mean. We're all after the same goal and need each other's help and reassurance once in awhile.
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    We are all hungry...

hahahaah
  • kimmid70
    kimmid70 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hear enough negative self-talk in my own head without adding someone else's voice to it!
    [/quote]

I agree!!
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    everyone needs more sunlight :) more sunligh = more serotonin = happier people. guess everyone needs to go sit in the sun and eat a cookie :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I NEVER go on the Forums because of it ..... Wait , this isn't a forum is it ?
  • KrankyChickee
    Options
    :wink: My nickname may be :KrankyChickee" but I really am not, ok , I have my moods when I want something I want to eat and I can't have it.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Ummm...I haven't noticed that at all! I've been on since August and, for the most part, I've found the mood of people on this site to be very uplifting!!! I have to disagree with you. :smile:
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes its a matter of pride. When people think they "know" how to lose weight( and everyone has been there at some point,I.e.- the more calories you cut and the more you burn, the more fat you lose), and someone corrects what they thought they "knew", its a jab to their pride. After all, that's the oldest advice there is! There's so much more to nutrition and weight loss, and different things work for different people.
    As far as the mean folks, I agree. They are hungry.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    We are all hungry...

Agree.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Word.
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Too true!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    ******* I have been on this site since 2008 and it started out great. What bothers me is that (I hope I don't offend people) the atmosphere here has changed. It's no longer constructive criticism at times it's down right rude and hurtful. I have seen it and tried to stay quiet about it. It's really bothersome. There is a way to get your point across with having some sort of heart for the person your saying it too. It shouldn't matter if someone CAN'T SPELL or use the BEST GRAMMAR. We are all here to support, motivate and obtain a goal not to beat each other down, that's what the outside world has been doing which is why people came here to begin with.
    Totally agree. I had a good friend leave the site for this very reason.

I'm sorry that your friend had to go through that :(
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options

******* I have been on this site since 2008 and it started out great. What bothers me is that (I hope I don't offend people) the atmosphere here has changed. It's no longer constructive criticism at times it's down right rude and hurtful. I have seen it and tried to stay quiet about it. It's really bothersome. There is a way to get your point across with having some sort of heart for the person your saying it too. It shouldn't matter if someone CAN'T SPELL or use the BEST GRAMMAR. We are all here to support, motivate and obtain a goal not to beat each other down, that's what the outside world has been doing which is why people came here to begin with.
    [

I usually ignore the ignorant. Ist of all, not everyone here is a 1st language English speaker or from an English speaking country for that matter. I have seen those snooty comments too. Its sad though, when we concentrate on the unimportant stuff like that.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm aware of the concerns you're voicing, and have my own concerns about our desire to see the forums as a place of support and encouragement.

We're working on a few things to help to foster that feeling, and wanted you to know it's on the top of my mind all day.

I appreciate your concern. On the count of three, everyone scatter, and go post something supportive in another thread.

You have your assignment.

Regards,
    Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
This discussion has been closed.