Worst Wedding Proposal EVER

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I told my now-hubby that I wanted a real proposal way in advance. One day while shopping, we found the perfect ring and it was on sale (hey I'm a frugal gal) so we bought it and he got down on one knee in the parking lot of the store. I was disappointed, but also really moved that he just couldn't wait to ask me :heart:
    Totally worth it :happy:
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvcs9uLK0s1r6pt4fo1_500.jpg

This had me laughing for like 15 minutes. I'm still giggling. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

me too! hilarious!
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have to add to these...

Husband and I went on a week long trip to the NC Outer Banks. We had planned a north to south trip from Manteo to Wilmington including lots of pirates and lighthouses along the way. He had apparently planned to propose on Jockey's Ridge or at the Wright Brothers Memorial during that week. I stopped for a job interview (literally) on the way out of town at a Cracker Barrel (seriously). Husband and Future Boss's son came with us! They work together. Never had an interview like that. I got there in a skirt and heels and my future boss said "Oh, I should've told you to dress casual!" Anyways... we were in the Outer Banks and had visited the Elizabethan Gardens. I had left my phone in the Jeep and when I got back to the car there was a message from Future Boss that she needed one more piece of info from me and everything else looked good. (So, I got the job without being told I got the job!) I was giddy with excitement! I listened to the message on the way out of the parking lot of the Gardens. In my excitement, I was like... "well, I guess I got the job! She just needs one more thing from me!" He pulled off on the side of the road and said "Well, would you want to get married?" I think I said "Are you serious?" because he had always talked about how much he didn't want to get married. No ring, no knee in the Jeep on the side of the road... but that's out style. It was a ton of fun to call my parents and tell them I got the job AND I'm getting married from the Outer Banks! We ended up combining the diamond from his mom's ring from his dad (passed away) with my mom's ring from my dad (passed away). It's a very special meaningful ring and got around the whole "I'm not ever buying a diamond" that Husband believes in.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I was in a crappy two year relationship and had been trying to end it for months. The night before he proposed we got in a HUGE fight and I asked him to leave the house. I also told him the relationship was over. The next day I was leaving work. He was parked next to my car in the parking garage and when he saw me coming he got out and asked me to talk to him. I said “Heck No” and that’s when he got down on one knee with the ring and popped the question. Of course I said no and that relationship is thankfully over! It makes me sad that the only proposal story I have is in a parking garage and I said no…are you freaking kidding me! :laugh:

I had tried to break up with my ex damn near a million times. he was controlling and crazy.
    we were having a big big fight and I went into my house and locked him out.... he stood outside calling me over and over. I finally went back out and he was on his knees... not knee... kneeS. he asked me on my freaking front porch. GORGEOUS ring.... but obviously I said no, and that was that. sooo we're in the same boat ;)
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    We've both been married twice, unsuccessfully. We have been together a little over 15 years and very happy. I have & wear a set of rings and we consider ourselves married. I only let him wear his ring when we go out, too dangerous on his job. This has lasted longer than our other marriages. We share 7 beautiful grandchildren who all call him Poppa. He never had any biological children. Our routine marriage proposal goes like this:

Hey, ya wanna get married?
    Idk, it costs $50 for the license. You got $50?
    Nope, do you?
    Nope, not til payday...

If it aint broke, don't fix it. If it is broke, getting married aint gonna fix it.
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My friend almost proposed in the worst way. He told us he was going to ask her, "Have you ever been to your own wedding?" and throw the ring at her. He seriously thought she would have a good sense of humor about that. BUT everyone yelled at him and got him to make it MUCH more romantic.

I do know a guy who was going to propose on top of a ferris wheel, but then changed his mind and took her to Olive Garden and then a Timberwolves game. She said no, so I am actually really glad he never went the ferris wheel route. Can you imagine being at the top of that thing and getting rejected?

I personally ruined my own proposal. It was our year and a half. We went ice skating, ate some Thai food, and afterwards asked if I wanted to walk along the bridge. I said it was too cold out (December 27th in MN, okay). He repeatedly asked me to take a walk and I just said it was freezing, so we traveled home, not without "somehow" getting lost on the way. I was oblivious. I sang and danced to the Beatles all the way home. Finally we get home, and he said, "I can't wait any longer..." and proposed with Jurassic Park 2 playing on the tv in the background. That's me though, always oblivious to the cute things. No wonder he doesn't try to romance me much anymore. :laugh:
  • anastasiawildflower
    anastasiawildflower Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lvcs9uLK0s1r6pt4fo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lewfa4uDBM1qb34vqo1_r1_500.jpg
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, one of my friends proposed to me a few times -- always drunk at parties in front of large groups of people. The first time was the second day we met, and when I said "no" he attempted to "force himself on me" until people yanked him off. The following times he would disappear after the proposal. He continued to do this even when I was dating his friend...and a few months after I left the country. He was a good guy, but we hadn't even dated...

My ex boyfriend mentioned our white picket fence house, dog, kids, etc on the second date and asked me to marry him (just laying in bed or walking around) many times. Luckily I didn't feel ready and he put in so little effort beside asking that I took it as a joke half-the-time. He even told his parents we were marrying after 2 months and a couple years later they were showing me their dowry and planning on plane tickets...although I didn't even have an engagement ring nor an official proposal...

When I was dating the above ex, I met this great guy, but my ex got jealous of him and I wasn't "allowed" to see him anymore. The first (and last) time we hung out, he went on about how he was a great cook and we would live in a submarine together. No proposal, but I did think his bizarre future plans were...funny.

My current boyfriend said he didn't even have a wedding ceremony with his ex wife, proposed but was rejected by his last ex girlfriend (who was apparently playing him), and doesn't want to get married again for a while. A few hours later he called me his wife.

My (ex) friend/crush this year constantly mentioned me in his bizarre retirement-length future plans (including meeting his parents), but I think he was just spewing stuff out.

:sick: I won't believe a word anyone says anymore unless there is a ring and a real proposal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My ex-BF after we broke up dropped off a child's sized ring at my house (left it w/my son) for me while I was out and said it was a marriage proposal. WTF?! Of course when we were dating he said he'd never marry me. A couple days later he was hiding and waiting for me by my work and he got the ring back when I threw it in the street at him. He can give it back to whatever child he took it from.
  • muffin_shufflin
    muffin_shufflin Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I was dating this guy for a couple months in high school when he suddenly broke it off with me because he was leaving for boot camp. I was 16 & SO stupid when it came to guys, so I was devastated. Fast forward 2 years. I go to his homecoming party & after that he can't get enough of me. For a few months we were just friends (which is all I wanted to be) but then he started trying to ask me out. I told him no because it had been so long & I had changed & wasn't interested in him like that anymore. For months & months he kept trying to ask me out. One night he's texting me & says "I love you. I'd marry you. Will you marry me?" He was legitimately serious too. LOL NO. To this day (three years after his party) he still tries to ask me out, but it's just not gonna happen.
  • econut2000
    econut2000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I discussed getting married and decided we couldn't afford a ring but there are 2 engagement rings in my family that have been passed down so we decided to use one. After getting the ring sized, he picked it up and left it sitting on the living room table for a couple months teasingly. Finally Christmas rolls around and he hands me my Christmas present (which was a Wii and not normally on a woman's Christmas list but I had to move away for work and couldn't afford cable so I was happy). I was waiting for him to propose. After about a half hour I asked if there was something else he wanted to give me. He walked into the living room and handed me the ring box in the hallway and said "here you go". How romantic is that??? I responded "maybe you could ask me properly" and his response? "Would you be my awfullly wedded wife".
  • Mismis28
    Mismis28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend keeps joking about getting married. ALL the time. Just two days ago, he actually got down on his knee and had that joking face and asked the holy question and laughed (I almost started crying because I thought he was doing it for real). Jokes, jokes, jokes, he's making me insane with this. Good thing I'm on the insanity program.
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was 14 years old, a freshman in high school. The guy I was dating had turned 18 two days before we left to go visit my mother's family in Kentucky for Thanksgiving weekend. My boyfriend went with us. We were in a 1985 GMC Sierra full sized pickup. My parents rode in the front. Boyfriend and I rode all the way from NC to KY in the back of a pickup truck with a camper shell and a fold out couch. Spent a couple of days in KY and headed home before the blizzard started on Dec. 1st. Somewhere between KY and NC, in the back of a 1985 GMC Sierra pickup with a camper shell and a fold out couch, he asked me to marry him...

On Valentines Day, he asked my mother's permission, and got on one knee, and asked me to marry him again, officially, in front of my mother. She thought it was the cutest thing, and gave me one of her diamond rings from her jewelry box to wear. Made a huge "to do" about getting me in front of people and telling me to "show them the picture of your fiance' "...

We got married June 29th that year. I was 14, he was 18, and I was 3 months pregnant. We had a 10 minute ceremony at a little wedding chapel where you "take a number"... we were couple #12 getting married there that Sunday. The wedding was $40. Our rings cost $80 for both of them.

June 29th of last year, we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. We have 3 children, and 3 grandchildren. And after having gained 150+ pounds since the wedding day, and having to replace that wedding ring twice with a larger sized ring, about 2 weeks ago (after having lost 100 pounds), that original wedding band slipped back onto my finger where it belongs.
  • JGT2004
    JGT2004 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    ^^^Amazing. Congrats on all your successES!!!! Way to go!
  • SnowWhite824
    Options
    I was 14 years old, a freshman in high school. The guy I was dating had turned 18 two days before we left to go visit my mother's family in Kentucky for Thanksgiving weekend. My boyfriend went with us. We were in a 1985 GMC Sierra full sized pickup. My parents rode in the front. Boyfriend and I rode all the way from NC to KY in the back of a pickup truck with a camper shell and a fold out couch. Spent a couple of days in KY and headed home before the blizzard started on Dec. 1st. Somewhere between KY and NC, in the back of a 1985 GMC Sierra pickup with a camper shell and a fold out couch, he asked me to marry him...

On Valentines Day, he asked my mother's permission, and got on one knee, and asked me to marry him again, officially, in front of my mother. She thought it was the cutest thing, and gave me one of her diamond rings from her jewelry box to wear. Made a huge "to do" about getting me in front of people and telling me to "show them the picture of your fiance' "...

We got married June 29th that year. I was 14, he was 18, and I was 3 months pregnant. We had a 10 minute ceremony at a little wedding chapel where you "take a number"... we were couple #12 getting married there that Sunday. The wedding was $40. Our rings cost $80 for both of them.

June 29th of last year, we celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. We have 3 children, and 3 grandchildren. And after having gained 150+ pounds since the wedding day, and having to replace that wedding ring twice with a larger sized ring, about 2 weeks ago (after having lost 100 pounds), that original wedding band slipped back onto my finger where it belongs.

:sad: :flowerforyou:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    We met online in July 2006 and then he called me in April 2007 and said "do you wanna marry me?" I was shocked but I said yes. 2 months after that we met in person for the first time (I almost puked in his face cause I was nervous) and that's when he gave me his dog tags and money for my trip home (I was hoping for a ring). 4 months after that we got married in a court house without rings. A few months after we got married I got us some rings on ebay (mine was fake). He went to Iraq in 2009 and when we got home we went to an Italian restaurant and he proposed to me again on his knee and asked me to marry him again with a real ring :heart:
  • Cmonnowguys
    Cmonnowguys Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    :grumble: im still waiting..it"ll be 11 yrs on feb 25th

wow...11 years? You haven't b!tched enough
    That's WAY too long to be waiting in my opinoin.

That is so depressing.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

awwww! <<tears>>