friends with benefits

Options

Replies

• dqueenjones
    Options
    Read two great books about this very thing by an author named Jazzie Dixson. Steamy, sexy and the two seemed like they stayed friends
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Ok take offence then :P

I'm sorry but it is what it is. It's nasty. I'm trying to fight anyone, but I state things for what they are. It's just sad that people actually do this.
    what i find sad, is that people judge others based on silly things like sexual preferences and not on things that actually matter.

Amen, Sister.
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have some experience with this, both very good and very bad. You need to make sure you are honest with the other person, and make sure you agree to tell the other person when/if real feelings materialize.

Good -> we had a lot of fun together, ended up good friends.
    Very bad -> she ended up being married and threatening to tell her husband about what had happened.
    Very Good -> I married her :)
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'd say maybe I care too much actually :P it's not even judging, I'm stating what is. You're getting real upset about it, maybe you feel guilty or know that I'm right I really dunno. All I know is is that sex has preceded shame. Sex used to be private. Now, you see it everywhere, on billboards, perfume adverts, people go about like sex is **** all.

Love yourselves, love your body. Give it to just about anybody? a **** buddy? pfffft **** that ****. I'd rather eat a nice big bowl of horse ****...or stick needles up my nostrils :P
    lol im not getting real upset about it. im perfectly content with my sex life, and your opinion that you can judge people who are honest about it is sad. its not nasty. its not degrading. its a choice. if you dont like it, dont do it.
    except the point of having FWB is to not just give it to anybody - its being with someone you know and trust vs picking someone up at a bar or something.

Yes! figured out how to damn quote reply LOL

Ah yeah, see this is the thing that upsets me most is that you don't care. Society sees this as nothing wrong. Oh it's ok to just open your legs for any tom **** and harry, and it's ok to dunk your shlong into any penis fly trap too. (Yes guys you too can be little sluts X3)

But yeah I could go on and on but alas the world just doesn't care anymore. It's fine to be loose. It's degrading sweety. And if you honestly don't even feel the slightest bit of shame in it, I feel so sorry for you and for many who think that this is acceptable.

ANYHOO! hope you have a good night or morning I dunno what country you're from lol and good luck on your weight loss journey X3 xxx
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

Ah yeah, see this is the thing that upsets me most is that you don't care. Society sees this as nothing wrong. Oh it's ok to just open your legs for any tom **** and harry, and it's ok to dunk your shlong into any penis fly trap too. (Yes guys you too can be little sluts X3)

But yeah I could go on and on but alas the world just doesn't care anymore. It's fine to be loose. It's degrading sweety. And if you honestly don't even feel the slightest bit of shame in it, I feel so sorry for you and for many who think that this is acceptable.

ANYHOO! hope you have a good night or morning I dunno what country you're from lol and good luck on your weight loss journey X3 xxx
    and again - its not about just sleeping with anyone. FWB is the exact opposite.
    tbh, if someone sleeps around, i dont find it to be any of my business. its not "whats wrong with the world". theres nothing wrong or shameful about sex.
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    And I pray, yes I pray, my kids will have more respect for themselves and others.

Having a FWB does not mean that you don't respect yourself or others. Personally I would rather sleep with the same person rather than have one night stands with random guys. After coming out of a long term relationship I don't want to date someone right now,that doesn't mean I don't enjoy sex or want to stop having it. I can't see any reason why this means I don't respect myself.

Yep. that's exactly how my FWB situation started. And like you, I have respect for myself, and him. People who have either never been in the situation, or because their experience wasn't positive, assume it will be bad for everyone else. That, and people are so judgmental it's disgusting. Apparently everyone in the entire world must think like them. :tongue:
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I have some experience with this, both very good and very bad. You need to make sure you are honest with the other person, and make sure you agree to tell the other person when/if real feelings materialize.

Good -> we had a lot of fun together, ended up good friends.
    Very bad -> she ended up being married and threatening to tell her husband about what had happened.
    Very Good -> I married her :)

I guess you could argue that she wasn't a very good friend if I didn't know that she was married, but she was a work friend...and I didn't ask. She started stalking me at the gym I went to, joined the same martial arts club and started calling my house when I was supposed to be at school (in case I was home for some reason)...scary stuff.
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    I'd say maybe I care too much actually :P it's not even judging, I'm stating what is. You're getting real upset about it, maybe you feel guilty or know that I'm right I really dunno. All I know is is that sex has preceded shame. Sex used to be private. Now, you see it everywhere, on billboards, perfume adverts, people go about like sex is **** all.

Love yourselves, love your body. Give it to just about anybody? a **** buddy? pfffft **** that ****. I'd rather eat a nice big bowl of horse ****...or stick needles up my nostrils :P
    lol im not getting real upset about it. im perfectly content with my sex life, and your opinion that you can judge people who are honest about it is sad. its not nasty. its not degrading. its a choice. if you dont like it, dont do it.
    except the point of having FWB is to not just give it to anybody - its being with someone you know and trust vs picking someone up at a bar or something.

You're missing a very strong point here- those of us who HAVE FWBs, are not just letting 'anyone' have access to us. We're selective, that's what the FWB is for... someone you know, and trust, with whom you can explore, have fun, have needs met, and then know you're safe with. I've never once had a one-night stand. Not once. I choose people with care, and with a time of knowing them first... and most of those who have FWBs do the same.

You're going to feel the way you feel about this, and there is no point in trying to convert you... but I do ask that you acknowledge that you are assuming promiscuity about those of us who aren't actually promiscuous.
  • Yasmine91
    Options
    I have nothing against sex. I think sex is beautiful and it's hella fun! lol but when it comes to me and sex, it's only for someone who is worth it. Sadly in my case, my first time wasn't exactly how I thought it was going to be. First time was taken not given but that's another story.

I will have sex with someone I am in a relationship with. And I believe that this is how it should be. Shame that it isn't like that anymore.

But yeah sorry for being so cynical and blunt but I'm very passionate about this subject. Sorry for offending you xxx
  • KimmyEB
    Options
    I will have sex with someone I am in a relationship with.

That's nice.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    I have nothing against sex. I think sex is beautiful and it's hella fun! lol but when it comes to me and sex, it's only for someone who is worth it. Sadly in my case, my first time wasn't exactly how I thought it was going to be. First time was taken not given but that's another story.

I will have sex with someone I am in a relationship with. And I believe that this is how it should be. Shame that it isn't like that anymore.

But yeah sorry for being so cynical and blunt but I'm very passionate about this subject. Sorry for offending you xxx
    i have sex with people im in a relationship with as well.
    one of them is my husband. at the moment hes the only one, but there may or may not be others in the future. while im still married. my relationship just happens to be different than yours. or your idea of a relationship. theres nothing wrong with that - to each their own.
    ive never had a one night stand, or just spread my legs for anyone. i dont sleep around and i never will. i also dont judge people based on their ideas of a relationship. as long as there are two (or more) consenting adults - i have no issues.
  • Yasmine91
    Options

one of them is my husband. at the moment hes the only one, but there may or may not be others in the future. while im still married. my relationship just happens to be different than yours. or your idea of a relationship. theres nothing wrong with that - to each their own.
    ive never had a one night stand, or just spread my legs for anyone. i dont sleep around and i never will. i also dont judge people based on their ideas of a relationship. as long as there are two (or more) consenting adults - i have no issues.

Is ure husband not enough for you?
  • KimmyEB
    Options

Is your own life not enough for you? Since you apparently would like to dictate every other human being's as well.
  • VictorianJade
    Options

I love pizza. I would get bored if I had pizza every day.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    he fulfills the majority of my needs. im bisexual. hes not a woman. occasionally i want to be with another woman.
    my sex drive has always been higher than his. we started out multiple times a day when we first got together. its slowly dropped down - especially with kids and now his parents live with us. we still enjoy each other very much, but sometimes hes just not up for it and my extensive toy collection just doesnt cut it. he knows and understands this.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options

Condoms don`t protect you from HPV. And they are not all that reliable. And if the protection fails, how good was it?
    condoms lower the risk of HPV, as well as HPV related diseases ( http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm ). of course it wont stop anything thats not covered by the condom - and nothing is 100%... but there are actions that can be taken to reduce the risk. if you dont want to take the risk - dont. but dont judge others for it either.

Of course I can judge. That is why I have a brain. So that I can see through all of the rationalizations that people give for their self-destructive behavior. People who swing tell themselves that it is OK, that they have everything under control, yadda yadda. Then the next thing you know, they go down in flames. Not pretty. Lots of damage, not all of it collateral. Suicide. Stuff like that. But they all said that it would not happen to them because it was all under control between fully informed, consenting, adults.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options

Condoms don`t protect you from HPV. And they are not all that reliable. And if the protection fails, how good was it?
    condoms lower the risk of HPV, as well as HPV related diseases ( http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-hpv.htm ). of course it wont stop anything thats not covered by the condom - and nothing is 100%... but there are actions that can be taken to reduce the risk. if you dont want to take the risk - dont. but dont judge others for it either.

Of course I can judge. That is why I have a brain. So that I can see through all of the rationalizations that people give for their self-destructive behavior. People who swing tell themselves that it is OK, that they have everything under control, yadda yadda. Then the next thing you know, they go down in flames. Not pretty. Lots of damage, not all of it collateral. Suicide. Stuff like that. But they all said that it would not happen to them because it was all under control between fully informed, consenting, adults.
    so now we're going from stds to suicide? really?
    every swing relationship ive ever known has been perfectly fine. ground rules were set in the beginning and they were followed. no one killed themselves, or got divorced, or harmed anyone.
  • KimmyEB
    Options

I think you need to get laid and lighten up.
  • repoman150
    repoman150 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I dont know...im not thinkin id just want to be someones eff buddy!!! nothing like being used like a piece of meat...not for me!!
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Finding someone with good health insurance and a nice 401k savings plan is all good... what benefits YOU talkin' bout?

Love this!