friends with benefits

Options

Replies

• _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on the situation both people are in....but I think it could work!! Maybe a booty call would be better, just leave the friend part out, hahaha!!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    And if you don't agree with me you can go benefit yourself! :laugh: Just kidding!!!
    :embarassed:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few 'special' friends, it does make me think sometimes 'why am i doing this?, it can turn out quite dangerous!' not only if another lad found out i was sleeeping with different lads, but what if i became pregnant?! I would have to go on the Jeremy Kyle show for DNA test results!! And i dont want that! I will get slated down to the ground as i would be on national television!! I seriously need to stop, i feel as though its great at the time, but it wouldnt be fun n games when something drastic happens!

I kinda feel used n abused at the same time =/
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I think it starts off ok but eventually, feelings surface with one or the other. Just my opinion tho...:smile:
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I love my FWB he's my best friend not expectations just fun. But you need to talk about it before jumping right into it.
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't....it worked great for me until she developed feelings and I think that sometimes one or other of the partners "hopes" a fwb situation turns into something more. Then when it doesn't..someone gets hurt.

If you really are on the same page..it works.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hell no. Who wants to settle for that?

Who says it's 'settling'?

A FWB doesn't preclude other relationships, nor does it act as a nail in the coffin. It's a relationship in which needs are met, fun is had, and the openness remains for each to have their own lives, without the complication of romance.

Exactly!

:) and this is what is wrong with society today.

FWB isn't exactly a 'newly created' concept. It's been in existence for millenia. And it was a widely accepted and participated-in practice. It is only since the encroachment of 'christian' beliefs, that practices such as these, which I believe to be quite natural and healthy, began to be persecuted against.

Thanks for clearing that up. It has never been a concept for me. And I pray, yes I pray, my kids will have more respect for themselves and others. I had no idea this has been the normal practice for so long.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    it depends on the people involved and the rules set at the beginning.
    if everyones on teh same page and follows the rules, it works.
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options

A FWB doesn't preclude other relationships, nor does it act as a nail in the coffin. It's a relationship in which needs are met, fun is had, and the openness remains for each to have their own lives, without the complication of romance.

Exactly!

FWB isn't exactly a 'newly created' concept. It's been in existence for millenia. And it was a widely accepted and participated-in practice. It is only since the encroachment of 'christian' beliefs, that practices such as these, which I believe to be quite natural and healthy, began to be persecuted against.

Thanks for clearing that up. It has never been a concept for me. And I pray, yes I pray, my kids will have more respect for themselves and others.

And I can respect your wishes on that... but looking down your nose at others for not believing as you is.... well. We will be judged as we judge.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Exactly!

Thanks for clearing that up. It has never been a concept for me. And I pray, yes I pray, my kids will have more respect for themselves and others.

And I can respect your wishes on that... but looking down your nose at others for not believing as you is.... well. We will be judged as we judge.

You win. I want better for my kids (might be going out on a limb but guessing you dont have any). My parents taught me to respect myself.
  • VictorianJade
    Options

Exactly!

To add to your comment about it being a practice for so long... monogamy is a recent concept, in comparison with how far back we can trace human history.

I, and all of my FWBs, have respected ourselves and each other- how is it disrespectful to myself, to pursue the meeting of my needs? How is it showing a lack of self confidence for me to celebrate my body, my personality, and my sexuality, by engaging in a safe, consentual, and fun activity, with a like-minded person? Sex is fun, healthy, wholesome, and an expression of self-confidence and confidence in your partner... making it something to be ashamed of... is ALSO a new concept, in relation to the scale of human history for which we have evidence.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Exactly!

To add to your comment about it being a practice for so long... monogamy is a recent concept, in comparison with how far back we can trace human history.

I, and all of my FWBs, have respected ourselves and each other- how is it disrespectful to myself, to pursue the meeting of my needs? How is it showing a lack of self confidence for me to celebrate my body, my personality, and my sexuality, by engaging in a safe, consentual, and fun activity, with a like-minded person? Sex is fun, healthy, wholesome, and an expression of self-confidence and confidence in your partner... making it something to be ashamed of... is ALSO a new concept, in relation to the scale of human history for which we have evidence.

Are you married? Sounds like you are not. Until then continue to pursue the "meeting of your needs" and good luck to you.
  • VictorianJade
    Options

Exactly!

Are you married? Sounds like you are not. Until then continue to pursue the "meetings of your needs" and good luck to you.

Actually, I am. Quite happily.
  • seekingthepatienceofjob
    Options
    If you want to risk a good friendship, you can be friends with benefits. Like everyone else says, it depends on a lot of things. Personally when I tried it, it was a disaster. Not because we developed feeling for each other, but because before we decided to be FWB, we could hang out, go to the movies, talk about anything...it soon just became about sex. Im sorry, but I would never risk another perfectly good friendship.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Exactly!

Are you married? Sounds like you are not. Until then continue to pursue the "meetings of your needs" and good luck to you.

Actually, I am. Quite
  • VictorianJade
    Options
    Sounds like it must be open. Glad if that works for you.

It is, has been for the 10.5 years we've been together.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Yuck.
  • VictorianJade
    Options

Yuck.

*smirks*
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options

Yuck.

*smirks*

thank you for making my thread fabulous!
  • CraigG75
    CraigG75 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Can't catch feelings in these situations. Almost always it seems like someone does.