friends with benefits

Options

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    I dont think marrying your FWB means that is really what it was...you both developed feelings and it was something more. I mean friends, hang out, f***, no more...than you both walk away with no attachment.
  • Krushchev
    Krushchev Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    And if you don't agree with me you can go benefit yourself! :laugh: Just kidding!!!

Love it!

I think it depends on the situation. I have 2 atm- both are really nice guys but I'm not really in a -dating- place.
    Guy A & I have been mutally beneficial for like six months or so & we engage in all sorts of relationshippy things- he is totally dts & sometimes thats just what you need. Luckily, we outlined that snugging doesn't equal dating & it has actually stayed that way.
    Guy b? He's a hit & run, because in the four months we've been messing around, he has started the "I think I caught feelings" convo like three times.
  • his_kid1
    his_kid1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    eventually someone will catch feelings...or find someone else with better benefits package lol... why waste your time with someone you say is just a friend? move on to the real thing, someone who wants more than your benefits :) when you get older you may regret situations like this... just my opinion..

This
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Hell no. Who wants to settle for that?

Who says it's 'settling'?

A FWB doesn't preclude other relationships, nor does it act as a nail in the coffin. It's a relationship in which needs are met, fun is had, and the openness remains for each to have their own lives, without the complication of romance.
  • lori4013
    lori4013 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Worked great for me. He lived an hour away so we didnt see each other much anyway. I could call him in the middle of the night. :blushing: But eventually one or the other will start seeing someone else. I havent seen him for 2 years.
  • pinboop
    Options
    Good advice!!
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I've only done this with one person. We're now married, lol :smile:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

**** buddy worked like a charm- had a year plus of string free sex before I found a steady g/f and we parted ways with no hurt.

How does the conversation go that ends the relationship?

Fairly easy - "Hey Amber... I found someone I really like and it seems to be working. I dont want to be cheating on them since its getting serious so I think its time for me to move on after today" "Ok Mike- its been fun with you- good luck on your new relationship and I hope it works out"

I'm paraphrasing but that was really about it literally.

^^ Exactly this.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options

A FWB doesn't preclude other relationships, nor does it act as a nail in the coffin. It's a relationship in which needs are met, fun is had, and the openness remains for each to have their own lives, without the complication of romance.

Totally agree!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I swore this post off, I can't stop UGH! This is my last take.

People who are in relationships whether a FWB or conventional BF/GF (or unconventional BF/BF, GF/GF, or BF/GF/BF/GF/TS/TREE BARK<---whatever floats your bird) sometimes lie to protect the each other! (huge revelation there!)

I once saw my dad fall out of a tree from about 3 stories and shrug it off saying he was fine. He wasn't even a tough guy! Just didn't want my mom to worry about him. He was "fine" in the sense that he lived, but he was hurt for about a month!

Lying to hide physical pain is ridiculous because you can easily be found out. "Sure your ok buddy? I can see your clavicle sticking out of your collar"

Lying to hide mental pain is considerably easier.

I wouldn't put too much credence in the "if I was hurting, I wouldn't be here" shtick

Anyway, I am done with this thread. It was enjoyable but I'm sure I've lost more brain cells than I afford :bigsmile:
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

Exactly!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Can work as long as you are okay with wasting precious time. I know you say you are both 100% cool with it, and I am sure he is. But we as women are different and if you want more out of it, it isn't going to happen. My opinion, don't waste your time.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I swore this post off, I can't stop UGH! This is my last take.

People who are in relationships whether a FWB or conventional BF/GF (or unconventional BF/BF, GF/GF, or BF/GF/BF/GF/TS/TREE BARK<---whatever floats your bird) sometimes lie to protect the each other! (huge revelation there!)

I once saw my dad fall out of a tree from about 3 stories and shrug it off saying he was fine. He wasn't even a tough guy! Just didn't want my mom to worry about him. He was "fine" in the sense that he lived, but he was hurt for about a month!

Lying to hide physical pain is ridiculous because you can easily be found out. "Sure your ok buddy? I can see your clavicle sticking out of your collar"

Lying to hide mental pain is considerably easier.

I wouldn't put too much credence in the "if I was hurting, I wouldn't be here" shtick

Anyway, I am done with this thread. It was enjoyable but I'm sure I've lost more brain cells than I afford :bigsmile:

Well that is your opinion, you do not know this guy, I do and have for going on 9 years... if he was not happy, he would let me know and if he didn't I could tell - he doesn't lie real well.

I also know if I wasn't happy I wouldn't stick around.
  • dragonfly74
    Options

Exactly!

:) and this is what is wrong with society today. I disagree completely. My future husband having sex on the side while we tried to get serious. No sorry, I'll pass and wait for the next guy who respects me and doesn't see me as a toy.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    I dont think marrying your FWB means that is really what it was...you both developed feelings and it was something more. I mean friends, hang out, f***, no more...than you both walk away with no attachment.

A woman doesn't walk away with no attachment. He will, you won't.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Starting to realize something here... Yup just got a full grasp on it.

Ok, if you think it works then you're most likely the one who is hurting the other person.

If you think it doesn't work, you've been hurt.

Think it's probably just as simple as that.

You hit the nail on the head!
  • VictorianJade
    VictorianJade Posts: 705 Member
    Options

Exactly!

:) and this is what is wrong with society today.

FWB isn't exactly a 'newly created' concept. It's been in existence for millenia. And it was a widely accepted and participated-in practice. It is only since the encroachment of 'christian' beliefs, that practices such as these, which I believe to be quite natural and healthy, began to be persecuted against.
  • Learnin2LuvMe
    Learnin2LuvMe Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    In my situation,i fell for him,we were bffs,so it was hard to stay away,we eventually ended up hooking up as a couple and now we are married,lol..So it of course can get hurtful if you put your feelings into it!
  • katzmeow_83
    katzmeow_83 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I guess i would say no... because i always wonder... if were friends and were sleeping together... whats the problem with trying to make a relationship work?
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Had success with it a few times. I didn't want a relationship and neither did the other person. But we felt comfortable being intimate together.