Diabetes Support Group~~~Part 1

Options

Replies

• jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Options
    Cali: Glad to see you got a walk in. Home grown beans, YUMMY! I had a bad day yesterday, ate everything I could find. I hate those days. I am back on track today though! Hope everyone is doing okay!:flowerforyou:
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I guess it is grain products. I love my bread. I just like to eat what I am in the mood for. by counting calories I can do that. I do not like to be restictive. I will see how it goes. Maybe I will be in a better mood after the doc get thru with me. I go back in next week to the hospital for some more test on my right leg. And then back in for the stents in that leg. He told me to watch my diet and get more exercise. As much as I can. I am not giving up I am just taking a break for awhile.
    :heart: Calie

Did you find the Wasa Fiber bread crackers?

Also, there are some good whole grain, low sugar and no sugar breads out there!!! Even low carb bread.

You don't have to sacrifice to change your lifestyle, just purchase the appropriate foods!!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    no I didn't find Walsa crackers yesterday at the store. But the Sara Lee 45 caleries per sl Has only 18 grams of carbs and 5 gram of fiber which leaves 13 grams of net carbs. Which I think is worth it. Itas not hard to find a low carb filling for it. Todays lunch is pimento cheese and sl tomatoe. I will make a good tuna salad today. I should do alright. At least I am not worried about it. My blood sugar is doing fine. going clked some beans tomorrow. Will have to check it out. I do not think all this fat is good for me. even tho I love it.

Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    no I didn't find Walsa crackers yesterday at the store. But the Sara Lee 45 caleries per sl Has only 18 grams of carbs and 5 gram of fiber which leaves 13 grams of net carbs. Which I think is worth it. Itas not hard to find a low carb filling for it. Todays lunch is pimento cheese and sl tomatoe. I will make a good tuna salad today. I should do alright. At least I am not worried about it. My blood sugar is doing fine. going clked some beans tomorrow. Will have to check it out. I do not think all this fat is good for me. even tho I love it.

Calie

Don't give into the mindset that Fat isn't good for you...........

It actually is!!

I eat the fat off the steaks I cook, real butter, heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, full fat dressings, mayonnaise, etc..........I love coconut oil, which is pure fat.

You saw the forum I started about my bloodwork and how much better it is since I have been liberally eating fat with Atkins, my cholesterol went down from 220 to 187!!!!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am back on a sensible diabetic diet now. Enought of all this high fat food. I have enough fat without adding to it. That is my take on all this real low carb diets. I am still watching my carbs but cuttibg out all high fat food. Plenty of lean meats, veggies, fruit. and milk products. Aa sensivle diet. I try but It did not work for me. I repect any diet you are on but each to his own. And good luck. there is no magic formular just a well balance diet. and exercise. And Thanks for all the help you all have given me. Hope we can all remain friends and post our progressed here. Love Marie
  • jdhall
    Options
    Remember, you have to do what is best for you. I personally do not like the no carb diet and I do not by no-fat or low fat stuff. I would rather have less of it and enjoy the flavor. If you stick to the diabetic diet you should be fine. :happy: Have you seen a diatician lately to see what they have to say? they may be able to give you some advise on the new diet situations that are out there. Remember knowledge is your best weapon!

Of course we will still be your friends, do not think like that! We will help in anyway we can. Just focus on being healthy and getting your legs back into shape. :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello, Sorry to be MIA again. Seems like my mind just keep a wondering around in cicles.

:heart: Hope you are all doing find and keeping you blood sugar undercontrol.

:heart: Keeping your weight down

:heart: Your exercise up.

Caliecat
  • jdhall
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just checking in, I hope all is well for everyone. I am doing okay, sugar is still good, but I am slowly gaining weight each week. I must be doing something wrong, maybe not eating enough. Who knows! :mad:
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Remember, you have to do what is best for you. I personally do not like the no carb diet and I do not by no-fat or low fat stuff. I would rather have less of it and enjoy the flavor. If you stick to the diabetic diet you should be fine. :happy: Have you seen a diatician lately to see what they have to say? they may be able to give you some advise on the new diet situations that are out there. Remember knowledge is your best weapon!

Of course we will still be your friends, do not think like that! We will help in anyway we can. Just focus on being healthy and getting your legs back into shape. :heart:

Atkins and South Beach are not no carb diets.......................they are controlled or low carb lifestyles.......

I also do full fat stuff.
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hello everyone.
    I haven't posted here much of late, but wanted to say, I'm doing good with one less Metformin, keeping the blood glucose down and lost a lb this week [one of the ones I found when we got home from our California trip]. But that puts me under 200, boy, does that feel good.
    Ellen
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello Ellen. good to hear from you and that you are doing so well. I bet you are looking forward to your next trip. It ought to be a nice one. Still not too terrible hot yet. We have no plans yet and probable wont for this year. We do good going to our daughters which both live about 50 miles away from us in different directions.

Hope everyone having a wonderful day

Marie
  • happygirl518
    happygirl518 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hi Calie and the group, hope you are all doing well. Haven't posted in awhile but you are in my thoughts. School is out now for my young daughter so keeping busy with her as well as our remodel here at home. The summer is fast approaching and we are enjoying all the good weather we have been having. We are doing alot of grilling out, picnics in the park and visiting alot of attractions in our area as often as we can.
    We are eating healthy and taking care of ourselves but the weight loss seems to be staggering up and down and such is life.
    Many of you have done well at losing and for that I say, "way to go, keep up the good work", you are all such inspirations.
    Reading a book that many of you might enjoy, its by Kim Bensen, called "Finally Thin". Not another diet book, just one lady who managed to lose 200 lbs. and keep it off and sharing her success.
    Well take care and God Bless,
    Debbie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Debbie, so wonderful to hear from you, sound like you and the family enjoying this nice summer weather. We had heavy storms thru here last night and it is still raining this morning. Give the ground a good soakingm which we need. My Sammie dog don't like all this thunder and lighting tho.

everything is find in this househole. I am getting ready for my surgery on my right leg now. I go in the morning for prep work for surgery next Tuesday. I will have to go into the hospital 2 times for this leg too. Not looking forward to that.

Have a good day.
    Calie
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!!

All is well in this neck of the woods, except the tornados that keep rolling through here.............

Hope it stops raining soon and dries up as things are in turmoil here in my small part of the Midwest...........

Sugar is in check and not taking Metformin any longer. I am on all natural supplements only along with Atkins Diet and exercise...............
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Lion, You are off Metformin ENTIRELY??!! That's great, how many were you taking? And your sugars are in the normal range? What do you take for supplements?
    Marie, All the best with your surgery. I do hope it is successful and enables you to get around better.
    Debbie, haven't talked to you before, your book sounds interesting.
    Trust everyone else is doing well.
    Ellen
  • LeanLioness
    Options
    Lion, You are off Metformin ENTIRELY??!! That's great, how many were you taking? And your sugars are in the normal range? What do you take for supplements?
    Marie, All the best with your surgery. I do hope it is successful and enables you to get around better.
    Debbie, haven't talked to you before, your book sounds interesting.
    Trust everyone else is doing well.
    Ellen

Yes, I am off of it entirely.................I was taking 2000 mg per day until a month ago..........

Now I am going to a Naturopathic (natural) Doctor and a compounding pharmacist for natural supplements...............

I am taking Endocrine support and my numbers have fallen into the normal range...............
  • jdhall
    Options
    That is Fabulous Lioness! Great job :love:

Cali: I will be thinking of you, hope all goes well and talk to you when you return to the internet :smile:

I just had my blood work done, go to see the doctor next Wednesday. I am hoping for great results, been working hard. Hope everyone has a healthy weekend! :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey Jrhall I'm not gone nowhere yet? just preregister this morning. I go tues the 16. Thr nurse said this morning it look like he is going to do it all at once. insstead of spreading it out to 2 visit to hospital.

Lioness, I am glad its all working out for you.

I am sleepy think I will go take a nap.

Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi everybody. Just dropping in to say hello and have a geat day.
    Calie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Just checking in. Hope you all had a lovely weekend and have a wonderful week ahead, Calie :heart: