Diabetes Support Group~~~Part 1

Replies

• jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Hello everyone! Hope all had a great 4th! We went to the beach to watch fireworks, had fun time with friends! Did okay with the diet and sugar was good all weekend. Glad to hear everyone had a great visit with family and friends. Talk to you soon! :happy:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Hi Jrhall and Ellen. Good to hear from you both. I am having another relaxing day. for today I have to do a 24 hr urion collections for my kidney check up. So have to stick around the house. my collein tomorrow and have a blood work done then check in with the kidney doctore next week. I also check in with my heart doctor tomorrow. He is in the same building so hopefully the timing is right. and wont have to wait too long to see them.This is the doctor who put the stents in. Both of my feet have been swollen so will check that out with him.

See you guys later
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Those appts. with the docs sure keep you busy, Marie.
    JD glad to hear your glucose levels are good. Iam so glad to be down to 3 metformin from 5 a day. And so far the blood levels are holding.
    Where is everyone else today? I didn't read back to all the posts after being away 2 weeks, maybe we have lost some people [to summer vacations and activities]?
    Take care all. Talk soon. Have to clean house, company coming later this week and lots of dust collected, 2 weeks worth.
    Ellen
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Good morning everyone!!!!r

I have been extremely busy at work, hard to check in when I am not in the office and don't even want to look at a computer when I am at home............

Things are good, slow, but steady........................
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning guys,
    Busy day today with appts.

Lioness you could have sent some of your rain down here. Is it ever dry.

Ellen Back home again. And soing great.

Jrhall , you are a great role model.

Marie
  • jdhall
    Hey guys good to hear from all of you!

Callie hope all your appointments go well today! I will keep my fingers crossed for clean bill from all doctors!

Lioness: do not work to hard, that is bad for the brain! :laugh:

Ellen: you are doing great, I want to be like you and lioness and get off my metformin as well, I will have to wait and see how i do without the Amaryl first. I go back in September to have blood work again. It is very hard work but I know we can do it. :flowerforyou:
  • ellens292
    Good day all,
    JD - you have been able to cut back on meds, that's going in the right direction for sure.
    Lioness - glad you are still with us. You sound weary tho'. Hope you can take it easy on the weekend.
    Marie, done with all your tests? Nice you are able to get around better.
    We have company coming 2 nights this week, and 7 for 2 nights next week, 4 or5 boys, a girl and Mom. Scares me to think of looking after them all, I feel so exhausted at times. Hubby says a big pot of chili and some hot dogs will do it. One thing about teens is that they usually go for quantity over quality. No appetizers needed.:smile:
    Here's hoping the weather is good and they can swim to their hearts content.
    Talk soon.
    Ellen
  • jdhall
    Ellen, fix the easiest thing you can and they will be happy, I agree with your husband, Chili and hot dogs make teenagers very happy! Hope you can enjoy them instead of doing all the work. :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    Just stay cool girls

Caliecat
  • khoolette
    khoolette Posts: 73
    Hi everyone. This is my first time on this site. Someone suggested it to me after I posted a question on the main page. I was diagnosed with diabetes at the age of 5. I am now 40. I have been trying to lose weight the last few months and was wondering if other diabetics found it difficult to get the weight off? I've lost 4 lbs (gained them back and then lost them again) in 6 weeks. This doesn't seem like much to me for all the effort. Am I expecting too much too soon?
  • CALIECAT
    Hello Khoolette. Welcome to our little group. Yes it is very hard to lose weight being a diabetic.
    Our blood sugar goes up and down all the time. It is so hard to regulate it. I just do the best I can. I am on insulin. Have been for several years. I wish there was a cure for it. And we could live like other people. Come back often. Caliecat
  • LeanLioness
    Hello Khoolette. Welcome to our little group. Yes it is very hard to lose weight being a diabetic.
    Our blood sugar goes up and down all the time. It is so hard to regulate it. I just do the best I can. I am on insulin. Have been for several years. I wish there was a cure for it. And we could live like other people. Come back often. Caliecat

Welcome Khoolette..............

The cure is watching the carbs. :bigsmile:
  • CALIECAT
    I have dropped 5 lbs on this sandwich diet and blood augar is holding steady. Life is good.
    Calie
  • ellens292
    5 lbs eating sandwiches, Calie? You are doing well. I don't think I would lose 5 lbs in a short time even eating nothing. W in again Monday and I'm not sure I'll be down one lb!
    Welcome to our new member. It does seem to be hard [er] to lose, but I guess it just has to be slow and hopefully steady and sooner or later.......
    Lioness is right, tho', carbs are the key. Do you find your weight loss has slowed down, Lioness? I know mine sure after a while on lo carbs.
    Have a good weekend, y'all.
    Ellen
  • CALIECAT
    ELLEN, i SHOULD HAD EXPLAIN FURTHER. SINCE MY FOOT HAS BEEN SWOOLEN, BOTH OF THEM MY DOCTOR INCREASE MY WATER PILLS TO 2 A DAY INSTEAD OF 1. bUT THEY ARE STILL SWOLLEN. SO THAT DIDN'T HELP THEM. i GO TO MY DIABETIC DR. IN A FEW DAYS THEN i WILL SEE WHAT SHE HAS TO SAY. i AM ONLY GETTING 18 CARBS A MEAL. SO i AM KEEPING MY CARBS DOWN. AND YES i AGREE CARBS IS THE KEY TO KEEPING YOUR BLOOD SUGAR AND WEIGHT IN CHECK. aND i AM GETTIN LOTS OF PROTEIN AND FIBER. i ALSO EAT A LIGHT VEGGIES ALONG WITH MY SANDWICH.IT IS A NICE WAY TO GO DURING THIS HOT SPELL WE ARE HAVING. ANS DRINKING LOTS OF WATER.

hAVE A GOOD DAY EVERYONE. MARIE
  • LeanLioness
    5 lbs eating sandwiches, Calie? You are doing well. I don't think I would lose 5 lbs in a short time even eating nothing. W in again Monday and I'm not sure I'll be down one lb!
    Welcome to our new member. It does seem to be hard [er] to lose, but I guess it just has to be slow and hopefully steady and sooner or later.......
    Lioness is right, tho', carbs are the key. Do you find your weight loss has slowed down, Lioness? I know mine sure after a while on lo carbs.
    Have a good weekend, y'all.
    Ellen

Good morning everyone......................Yes, my weight loss slowed down, but I have been adding carbs in (veggies and fruit) and I binged this weekend (due to being upset) and now my weight is up to 211 again...................

Slower is better though, it will stay off and your blood sugar will remain more steady. Despite me eating terribly, my blood sugar is holding steady.
  • CALIECAT
    Good morning gang. Its too hot to cook. But I will have a grilled egg and cheese sandwich this morning.Heard they were pretty good. I am doing fine despite this hot weather. We may have some rain later this week, I hope. I go to my kidney daocter thiis week and see what my test results are.

Have a good week. Marie
  • LeanLioness
    Good morning gang. Its too hot to cook. But I will have a grilled egg and cheese sandwich this morning.Heard they were pretty good. I am doing fine despite this hot weather. We may have some rain later this week, I hope. I go to my kidney daocter thiis week and see what my test results are.

Have a good week. Marie

I am trying to send you some of the rain we are getting!!!

We got flooded Saturday, 7 inches of rain at one time...................Roads were flooded everywhere and a lot of farmers fields are flooded because the smaller creeks and rivers flooded over.
  • CALIECAT
    Hi My buddies. Just got back from My kidney doctor and everything check out fine. And lost 15 lbs in 8 months. From her records

Marie
  • LeanLioness
    Hi My buddies. Just got back from My kidney doctor and everything check out fine. And lost 15 lbs in 8 months. From her records

Marie

That is fantastic!!!