McDonalds Anyone?

Options

Replies

• kathykroeger1
    Options
    Ever since I became a vegetarian, pretty much all fast food was cut out. I still love MCD french fries though, but I rarely rarely eat them.

this is why I gained 10 lbs after being a vegetarian for a year. I ate meat and lost all the weight in about a month because I wasn't forced to choose between no food or fries when I went out with friends.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I used to go there at least 3 or 4 times a week. Haven't been now since November. Can't justify the calories, carbs and sodium. I can't do moderation so for me to avoid is best. Unfortunately I can look out my window and see the golden arches so it taunts me daily. :-)
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Just had a McD spicy thai grilled chicken salad for supper :smile:
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I only eat McD's when I really want it. That's only about once a month but I damn well enjoy it.
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    Read the part of this article that describes the ingredients of nuggets. You will lose your urge...I did

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/chicken-nuggets-how-bad-are-they

yep!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    I like it too... BUT.. I like to eat through out the day to keep me busy and active. The better I eat, the more energy I have. If I eat mcdonalds, it tends to take up a lot of my calorie allowance and makes me hungry too soon.. therefore I try to avoid it...

That's all.. if you can fit it in and it doesn't make you weak or lose energy.. then LIVE IT UP AND ENJOY!!
  • giraffells
    giraffells Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love the vanilla cones as a treat. 150 calories.
  • Klegl
    Klegl Posts: 48
    Options
    Health is about nutritional value, not as much focus should be on calories. I rather be over my limit with healthy foods then under my limit with dangerous chemicals. I recent study showed that McDonalds used an ammonia substance in their burgers.....Id try staying away from those. Try changing your focus from calories to whole foods. But you seem to be doing good with your progress so far.
  • rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Read the part of this article that describes the ingredients of nuggets. You will lose your urge...I did

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/chicken-nuggets-how-bad-are-they

^
    made me cringe a little, Im never gonna eat those again. sounds yucky....
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I had it today actually. I had a grilled chicken sandwich without mayo and a side salad wih light Italian dressing and a diet coke.
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    In the past month I have had McDonald's once. To be honest, it didn't taste anywhere near as good as what it used to be. I was extremely disappointed with the taste and myself!!!! I went straight to the gym afterwards to burn off some of the damage (even though I was still under my goal for the day). But at the same time, I don't think there is really wrong with having McDonald's or other fast food everyone once in a while. I think the most important thing about MFP is that you really can eat whatever you want as long as you stay under your calorie limit for the day, however, in saying that, that doesn't mean we should be eating it everyday. But for me, it's important to continue eating a relatively normal diet and not cutting anything out completely in your diet. You do notice though when you've had so many nutritious things added to your diet you instantly feel so much better with yourself, you have so much more energy and you're fuller for longer. :-)
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Never been a fan of their foods but I love their dessert... the icecream cone is 140 (if sized correctly, which is very hard for them to do apparently).
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    if you really want to know what fast food does to your body watch the movie "Super size me". This is a documentry about this guy who eats McD"s for all three meals a day for an entire month. The kicker is that if they ask him if he wants to super size it, he has to according to the rules of his McD's program. His health was put into circumstances that no one should go through at all.

Frankly it's quite disgusting what the fast food industry puts into their food, let alone what it does to your body!!!!!!! I don't go to McDonalds, Burger King, etc......If i go to one it is to Wendy's for the low cal salads.

Here's to eating healthy!!!

The only reason the guy got the way he was, is because he ONLY had McD's food for his meals. No fresh veggies or fruits or a BALANCED DIET for that matter. I was a manager at McD's and we had this guy come in at least 4 times a week for dinner ( as he worked nearby and that was his break) and he always got a Big Mac, or a quarter pounder meal. He was super fit and healthy! He WORKED OUT and ate nothing but healthy food during the day. He just really liked McD's!

and again with the 'pink slime'! I am sick of seeing this image going around. Nuggets are NOT made this way. They STOPPED using mechanically separated chicken back in 2003, and went to white meat only. They do NOT and never have soaked the meat in ammonia. Ammonia in factories like that is used for refrigeration.

www.snopes.com/food/prepare/msm.asp
  • redvelvetl0ve
    Options
    I've cut McDonalds completely out of my life because I think that I might get a bit greedy with what I eat there, haha! I use Subway as a substitute, however.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    As I live about 400 miles from the nearest McDonalds, this is not a problem for me. But, when I go south to Seattle you bet I am going to go get a big mac large fries and a strawberry shake. Then I'm going to feel sick and wonder why I ate it. Then the next time I go down I will do it again. *shrug*
  • laura328
    laura328 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ever since I became a vegetarian, pretty much all fast food was cut out. I still love MCD french fries though, but I rarely rarely eat them.

this is why I gained 10 lbs after being a vegetarian for a year. I ate meat and lost all the weight in about a month because I wasn't forced to choose between no food or fries when I went out with friends.

Kathy - beware! I'm veg also and heard that McD's fries are fried in animal fat. I posted a question about that on this thread to a girl that works at McD's and haven't yet seen the response.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I do enjoy McDonald's from time to time! I'm not much of a hamburger person, but I enjoy their egg and cheese Biscuits and, more importantly, their Peppermint Hot Chocolate. Mmmm. Also their caramel apple sundaes, which aren't actually terribly bad calorie wise. They were a seasonal thing, so I'm not sure if they have them anymore but yum!
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Kathy - beware! I'm veg also and heard that McD's fries are fried in animal fat. I posted a question about that on this thread to a girl that works at McD's and haven't yet seen the response.

They used to be but changed quite a few years ago. :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Although youre staying under calories, fast food is soo unhealthy in so many ways. Packed with "bad carbs", is processed and Full of fats and preservatives. Very high in sodium which makes you retain water and leads to weight gain. If you fill your diet it with lots of fresh fruits and veggies and protein you'll feel so much better physically. For me, if i eat fast food I feel sluggish and like total crap. Once in a i think its ok to splurge, its normal, but i don't think eating fast food should be made into a habit :p

Bad carb? Carb is a carb. Sodium is only temporarily weight gain, not fat gain so it is no issue.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i read an article about the ingredient in chicken mc nuggets and i am offically terrified of them.

i do eat a breakfast burrito once in a blue moon though.

i personally avoid it at all cost though. because it tends to cause me to waver in my eating habits through out the week.

or just feel guilty. :/