Never eating Mickey D's again...

Options

Replies

• paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Ok. Consider this-you may not have to count your calories if you hadn't had a childhood filled with 'Turkey Twizzlers'. :wink:

Oh thanks, that's nice of you. Actually I was a skinny child thanks to the fact that I had an eating disorder at the age of 7.
    I got "fat" (yeah I know that's what you really wanted to call me) thanks to BULLYING & comfort eating.

Gotta love the kids that wear their eating disorders like a badge of honour.

Excuse me? A badge of honour? How dare you!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    *food Fight*
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    turkey twizzlers, deep fried processed frozen carp isnt. certainly not to children.

kids like what theyre brought up eating. parents shouldnt be such ridiculous push overs.
    Let me guess, you have no kids.
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    Ok. Consider this-you may not have to count your calories if you hadn't had a childhood filled with 'Turkey Twizzlers'. :wink:

Oh thanks, that's nice of you. Actually I was a skinny child thanks to the fact that I had an eating disorder at the age of 7.
    I got "fat" (yeah I know that's what you really wanted to call me) thanks to BULLYING & comfort eating.

Gotta love the kids that wear their eating disorders like a badge of honour.

Excuse me? A badge of honour? How dare you!

oh, you probably think "thanks" actually means that I thank my ED, well I don't, it's called sarcasm, idiot.
  • Kassileigh
    Kassileigh Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No. I have no idea what size you are. This is a calorie counting site.
  • paulamarsden
    Options

i have 9 nieces and nephews, ranging from 1 to 18 years old.

i also know that as a child i ate the home cooked healthy food my parents ate or i went hungry. it was *that* simple.
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Just gonna throw this out there. Not ALL fast food is mechanically separated chicken. I work at Chick Fil A and I can vouch for the fact we use actual chicken breasts.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    This stuff hasn't been used for years....

Have a look at this article in last week Uk Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092127/Jamie-Oliver-Victory-McDonalds-stops-using-pink-slime-burger-recipe.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,238 Member
    Options
    McSick n' Nasty

Can You Guess What McDonald’s Food Item This Is?

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/400300_2488086642197_1253623952_31953782_699234660_n.jpg

Say hello to mechanically separated chicken. It’s what all fast-food chicken is made – things like chicken nuggets and patties. Also, the processed frozen chicken in the stores is made from ...it.

Basically, the entire chicken is smashed and pressed through a sieve — bones, eyes, guts, and all. it comes out looking like this.

There’s more: because it’s crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia, soaked in it, actually. Then, because it tastes gross, it will be re flavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

Think about that next time you pull through the drive thru or feed your kids fast food ;)

That may be what they are using in the US, but in Canada they cannot use it without specifically stating it on the packaging. I believe that even in the US McD's has stopped using it as well, but I could be wrong. Basically McD's has become the whipping boy for health nuts who want to say they are the blame for the bad health of a nation that basically eat too much and does too little. You are welcome to not shop there, just as others like myself are able to shop there.
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    every time junk crap food posts go up there a few really really cool people that will be awesome rebels who will tell you they eat it and are proud of eating it. WOW!

all it really means if they truly eat this processed garbage is they arent really serious about their health. thats ok...thats fine..its your choice...but it dont make you a rebel or a cool dude.
    Gotta disagree here. I eat junk food weekly, but not like eating a whole Mcdonald's meal. I'll just have a cheeseburger. And I'm very serious about my health. I get checkups every year, I push my body to it's limits, I get the rest I need, and I make sure to get in my essentials each and everyday. But part of my health is to enjoy my life. If I was stuck eating "health food" for the rest of my life, I'd be unhappy because I want that pizza or cheeseburger or fried chicken occasionally. Not enjoying foods you like can leave some depressed. I enjoy my life. Now I want a Mcrib.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

it has nothing to do with enjoying foods you like. I love a good pizza. I am talking about fast food crap that is so processed and laden with additives just to make it tasty (and cheap).

I even love fried chicken if its made properly. but give me a break....mdonalds type processed crap is not the same as foods we enjoy so that deprivation argument doesnt work

I had it just this one time, I promise....:ohwell:
  • paigemarie93
    Options
    No. I have no idea what size you are. This is a calorie counting site.

Well you wouldn't say "you wouldn't have to count calories if you didn't eat unhealthy food"
    This is a diet site & it says on my ticker that I weight 175lbs & you're insinuating that I ate bad food throughout my childhood & I'm fat as a result of that.
  • killagb
    Options

i also know that as a child i ate the home cooked healthy food my parents ate or i went hungry. it was *that* simple.
    Just as I thought. You haven't got a clue what it's like to be a parent. Carry on.
  • Anderia
    Anderia Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Also, I really do appreciate those who are turned off by fast food and never ever going again .........

makes my wait in the drive through shorter. Thanks.

All the Fast Food haters be walking by & we'll be like tumblr_lyiu8ujnsC1r8md3yo1_500.gif

LMAO! Hahahahahahaa!
  • paulamarsden
    Options

Just as I thought. You haven't got a clue what it's like to be a parent. Carry on.

always a convenient answer FOR parents to use.
  • paigemarie93
    Options

Exactly, YOU don't have kids, you don't know 1st hand what it's like to try & get kids to eat things they don't want to.
    Also that "healthy home cooked food" Cottage pie, mash potato, beans, stew/ whatever, full of BUTTER, SALT & OFFCUTS!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Wow, so much ignorance and fear mongering in this thread. Either eat fast food or don't, but you don't have to resort to ridiculously false stories with zero basis of fact to make a point that it's unhealthy.

Heres some more factual (still disgusting info)

http://www.good.is/post/chicken-nuggets-is-that-how-they-re-made-a-good-fact-check/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSoiDtdi9s

The first article you posted states that it is made of all white meat only, not soaked in ammonia, and not mechanically separated. They only add artificial flavoring... sounds like seasoning to me.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    it has nothing to do with enjoying foods you like. I love a good pizza. I am talking about fast food crap that is so processed and laden with additives just to make it tasty (and cheap).

I even love fried chicken if its made properly. but give me a break....mdonalds type processed crap is not the same as foods we enjoy so that deprivation argument doesnt work
    But actually it does. I enjoy McDonald's, Carl's Jr., Taco Bell, KFC to name a few. If I were "forbidden" to ever eat it again, I might start "raging". :wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • killagb
    Options

Kind of like anecdotal statements that non-parents make.
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Theres like 2 kinds of people on Myfitnesspal...those who think they are know-it-alls about fitness and health and are like drill sergeants and the other side who are just normal people trying to live a healthier lifestyle while still enjoying life...LEAVE THEM ALONE
  • paulamarsden
    Options

Kind of like anecdotal statements that non-parents make.

touché.
This discussion has been closed.