Never eating Mickey D's again...

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Theres like 2 kinds of people on Myfitnesspal...those who think they are know-it-alls about fitness and health and are like drill sergeants and the other side who are just normal people trying to live a healthier lifestyle while still enjoying life...LEAVE THEM ALONE
    You forgot the people that perpetuate myths repeatedly.
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options

Let me guess, you have no kids.

i have 9 nieces and nephews, ranging from 1 to 18 years old.

i also know that as a child i ate the home cooked healthy food my parents ate or i went hungry. it was *that* simple.
    Just as I thought. You haven't got a clue what it's like to be a parent. Carry on.

always a convenient answer FOR parents to use.
    Kind of like anecdotal statements that non-parents make.

win_sector.jpg
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Theres like 2 kinds of people on Myfitnesspal...those who think they are know-it-alls about fitness and health and are like drill sergeants and the other side who are just normal people trying to live a healthier lifestyle while still enjoying life...LEAVE THEM ALONE

Those too!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options

i also know that as a child i ate the home cooked healthy food my parents ate or i went hungry. it was *that* simple.

Exactly, YOU don't have kids, you don't know 1st hand what it's like to try & get kids to eat things they don't want to.
    Also that "healthy home cooked food" Cottage pie, mash potato, beans, stew/ whatever, full of BUTTER, SALT & OFFCUTS!

now who's being presumptious....?
  • paigemarie93
    Options

Exactly, YOU don't have kids, you don't know 1st hand what it's like to try & get kids to eat things they don't want to.
    Also that "healthy home cooked food" Cottage pie, mash potato, beans, stew/ whatever, full of BUTTER, SALT & OFFCUTS!

now who's being presumptious....?

You're like what 35-40? I'm guessing cottage pie & all that stuff is what you were brought up on? Like I said Butter, salt, offcuts.
    There wasn't really any healthy home cooked meals back then.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    This stuff hasn't been used for years....

Have a look at this article in last week Uk Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092127/Jamie-Oliver-Victory-McDonalds-stops-using-pink-slime-burger-recipe.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    in the US they cant use mechanically separated beef. havent been able to since 2004 ("Due to FSIS regulations enacted in 2004 to protect consumers against Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, mechanically separated beef is considered inedible and is prohibited for use as human food" http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/Meat_&_Poultry_Labeling_Terms/index.asp#12 )
    and if theres mechanically separated chicken or pork, it has to be on the label. MSC hasnt been used at mcdonalds in the US since 2003
  • paulamarsden
    Options

You're like what 35-40? I'm guessing cottage pie & all that stuff is what you were brought up on? Like I said Butter, salt, offcuts.

27 actually love. cheers.
  • MummyOfSeven
    MummyOfSeven Posts: 314 Member
    Options

Not in MY house!
  • paigemarie93
    Options

Oh, it's no problem :]
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options

Those too!

LOL...only three kinds of people? YRS

you forgot the people who brag about eating crap on one thread then whine about not losing weight on another thread...there are many many differnt types people here
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Also there food doesnt decompose. I came across a pic of someone who
    Left a dollar hamburger out on there desk since 2010 and chicken nuggets since 2011 unchanged. It's gross.

This is a lie, their food decomposes. All food decomposes, unless it's been doctored somehow. Or it's completely dehydrated.

And the "pink slime" that Jamie Oliver was on about for meat patties, has been banned in the US since 2004, long before he started his crusade. McDonald's stopped using Mechanically Separated Poultry in 2003.

Liking McDonald's or not liking McDonald's is just fine, it's a personal preference, but please, stop spreading lies and misinformation about a company just because you don't like it. It does nothing but ruin your credibility as a poster. If you're comfortable posting lies about this, or if you couldn't be bothered to actually do the research to confirm whether this was true or not, then why should anyone believe that any other advice you may give on these boards be true or correct?

Think before you post.
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    This stuff hasn't been used for years....

Have a look at this article in last week Uk Daily Mail...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2092127/Jamie-Oliver-Victory-McDonalds-stops-using-pink-slime-burger-recipe.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
    in the US they cant use mechanically separated beef. havent been able to since 2004 ("Due to FSIS regulations enacted in 2004 to protect consumers against Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy, mechanically separated beef is considered inedible and is prohibited for use as human food" http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Factsheets/Meat_&_Poultry_Labeling_Terms/index.asp#12 )
    and if theres mechanically separated chicken or pork, it has to be on the label. MSC hasnt been used at mcdonalds in the US since 2003

Sadly, the UK is awful in these realms.
  • paulamarsden
    Options

Not in MY house!

ditto! or my mothers...!
  • paulamarsden
    Options

one day you'll look back on google at things you posted on the internet when you were 18-21, and realise what a douche you sounded. i speak from experience.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options

Just as I thought. You haven't got a clue what it's like to be a parent. Carry on.
    im a parent and its the same way at my home. i make home made healthy food 95% of the time, and my kids eat it or the go to bed hungry. they like all kinds of fish, and veggies most adults turn their noses up at. too many parents are afraid to say no because they dont want to deal with the tantrums.
  • paigemarie93
    Options

Not in MY house!

ditto! or my mothers...!

Yeah 'cos as a young child I bet you really knew alot about food other than "eating alot makes you fat".
  • giantsfaninvt
    giantsfaninvt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten McD's lunch or dinner items in years, but I will never quit the breakfast menu!
  • paigemarie93
    Options

one day you'll look back on google at things you posted on the internet when you were 18-21, and realise what a douche you sounded. i speak from experience.

No, I don't think I will :]
  • Andrew_z
    Options
    I was thinking the exact same thing!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

Those too!

LOL...only three kinds of people? YRS

you forgot the people who brag about eating crap on one thread then whine about not losing weight on another thread...there are many many differnt types people here

Says the guy criticizing people for their unhealthy food choices than has a pic of himself smoking.....
This discussion has been closed.