What food would you absolutely not give up?

Options

Replies

• jenniebean1680
    jenniebean1680 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Nobody should 'give up' a food. Always strive to enjoy everything in moderation. If something is a 'trigger' food for you, meaning you have a lot of trouble stopping at a small piece or reasonable serving size, distancing yourself from it for a while may be a good idea, but saying "I will never have ______ again" is just setting yourself up for resentment towards your lifestyle. And we all know where that leads! I try to live by the 80/20 rule (sometimes 90/10): strive for perfection 80% of the time, and relax and allow for splurges 20% of the time. Severe limitations and restriction leads to irritation, frustration, and a view that anything outside of your strict 'diet' is failure, and life is not meant to be like that. You've gotta make it livable!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't give up anything I eat.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Any food! I'm not dieting, I'm learning to eat properly which means portion sizes. Everything in moderation. :flowerforyou:
  • chelleymarie88
    Options
    I don't give up anything either
  • ebeth_s
    ebeth_s Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not giving up anything. There is nothing that I eat that can't be included in my diet in moderation. I had to give up tomatoes when I was on dialysis. I hated that.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Not a food but I absolutely will not give up coffee nor diet pepsi. I've conditioned myself to cut back though. Not so many trips to Starbucks and no more than 1 diet pepsi per day. Huge gains for me.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    pizza
    ^^^^^
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't give anything up. I just eat it in moderation. I think things I've given up entirely are things I didn't really like that much in the first place, like chips.
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    Cheese. I know it's full of fat, salt etc. but I would end up hurting other people and/or myself if I gave it up.
  • Alisi1234
    Alisi1234 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    wine!!!!!!! my favorite thing in the world! But it's considered a fruit right!
  • DinaRobin
    DinaRobin Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    A cup of tea. Assam with skimmed milk is how I like it. Oo, think I'll go and make one now ...
  • cufirst84
    cufirst84 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    COFFEE !!!
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    An ice cold 22 oz of Bud Light with chips and jalapeno ranch. :-)
  • followerofsunshine
    Options
    i agree with you, there are a lot of things i love but if you don't keep them in your house you find out that its not that hard to live without
  • BetsyOrtloff
    BetsyOrtloff Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thankfully I am "addicted" to my weight loss shakes... they taste like a cake mix and keep me feeling full all day so I won't give them up!
  • 2dogsnocats
    Options
    Diet Coke
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    pizza

Ditto....cannot....live...without!!!
  • msmangin
    msmangin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and watermelon .... put me on a deserted island with only these and I'll be one happy "islander!"
  • malibulu
    Options
    I haven't given up anything - Maybe some people think I should, but I eat what makes me happy lol. I just eat less of it (sometimes ) lol. I have bad days where I wanna just eat everything in sight, but most of the time, I do ok. I am of the opinion that this is a change for life, so I couldnt go through forever completely cutting whole foods out, like chips or chinese take aways and stuff. I'll just eat them rarely and enjoy them hugely! :-D
  • Lmh0906
    Lmh0906 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wine