Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What food would you absolutely not give up?

Replies

• ReverendJim
    ReverendJim Posts: 260 Member
    Beer.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Any food I enjoy eating. There is never a reason to deprive yourself of something you love. Moderation is key.

This!

BUT in the begining I did cut way back on my chocolate and cut out baked goods all together. Because baked goods primarily brownies is my down fall if there are brownines around I am in trouble!! lol It took me about 2 weeks to get my stability going then I can eat whatever with will power! including brownies! GO ME..

But I can say for sure that I CAN NOT give up maccaroni and cheese! Not even in the short term! OMG its an addiction I tell you... Thank God it can be modified with whole grain pasta and lower fat cheese and milk to make it a little better for me!
  • Yetta729
    Yetta729 Posts: 68 Member
    york peppermint patty
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Chocolate.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Nothing is really 'off-limits' for me but if somebody told me I had to give up Starbucks, I'd probably fight pretty hard.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,364 Member
    Any food I enjoy eating. There is never a reason to deprive yourself of something you love. Moderation is key.

This!

BUT in the begining I did cut way back on my chocolate and cut out baked goods all together. Because baked goods primarily brownies is my down fall if there are brownines around I am in trouble!! lol It took me about 2 weeks to get my stability going then I can eat whatever with will power! including brownies! GO ME..

But I can say for sure that I CAN NOT give up maccaroni and cheese! Not even in the short term! OMG its an addiction I tell you... Thank God it can be modified with whole grain pasta and lower fat cheese and milk to make it a little better for me!

Have you tried no pudge brownies? they're fat free, and 1 serving in the microwave is low calorie. I make mine with applesauce (instead of yogurt, which a lot of people use) to keep the calories even lower. I love the cappucinno flavor from no pudge, it's great.
  • alicialiken
    alicialiken Posts: 39 Member
    It's not a food but I wouldn't give up alcohol, lol. Once a week I need to have drinks with friends!!
  • bp1984
    bp1984 Posts: 38 Member
    Beer cheese and bread
  • Nana_Booboo
    Nana_Booboo Posts: 501 Member
    I really don't have to give up anything.

I'm good.
  • I haven't give up anything that I really love. Like it's been said a million times, moderation is key. But if I had to choose one food, it would probably be pizza. nom nom nom
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich, with mayo and pepper and swiss cheese.....but not until we get tomatoes out of the garden...
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Bacon.

I will not give it up. NOT EVER.

... and cheeseburgers from Five Guys, though I only have one of those every month or so.
  • Hot tea... with a mini moo. It's low cal so it's not hard to keep in my diet but I used to drink literally 10-15 cups a day so now I have pared it back to just 2. It's been rough but I'd rather spend 200 calories on something filthy like a couple of chocolates than tea. I just drink water when I'm thirsty now.
  • dont think i could give up my biscuit and tea when kids are in bed, only time you truly get to enjoy it!
  • amen, sister!! LOL!!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    I agree with you.
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Ice cream, reese's and sushi. Nothing is really off limits to me though.
  • ErikaKBee
    ErikaKBee Posts: 26 Member
    I agree 100%. Wine!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Coke Zero and bread
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    I won't jinx myself by saying anything. Because for sure it would be the next food that I was allergic to and had to give up!

Pam