*February Weight Loss Challenge*

Options

Replies

• gemini2267
    gemini2267 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Im in. My starting weight is 202. I intend to start the Atkins diet in February. Good luck everyone.
  • herky
    herky Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm also in!! I'm at 155 lb and I want to get down to 147!

I plan on adding more fruits/vegetables to my diet and add an extra half hour of exercise to my daily routine
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to joining the February challenge on Wednesday. I'm at 159-160 and want to be at 155 at the end of the month. Baby steps......
  • nels2233
    Options
    LOL. you will have to do a couple of long tough workouts and burn up those calories. i laugh because i have beene there. a co worker brought in chicago mix popcorn - i thought POPCORN! that is a healthy snack. Ha i found out (after eating several cups) that there is like 900 calories per serving...
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I'm in....
    starting weight for this month ``162lbs
    goal for this month..........158
    I plan on working out 6 days a week , adding strength training 2xs a week, and making sure i get in 10,000 steps a day
  • KariePerez
    Options
    I'm so in I will post my starting ststs of wednesday!!!!
  • dylansmom00
    Options
    Would love to join.....Will keep me motivated for the month :)
  • beyg
    beyg Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    im in. . . may be I can reach my goal. I seem to have hit a plateau!!
  • DebiCW
    DebiCW Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm in. Plan on working out 60 min a week.
  • PMPB7
    PMPB7 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am IN! Time to start exercising! Thanks for the challenge.
  • mom2alexandmatt
    Options
    I'm in! Due to the holidays and major work projects, I've slacked the past 3 months. This is just the kick in the pants I need. I want to lose 8 pounds for the month... plan to go to a 1 hour Zumba class 2 days a week, add another day of cardio and 3 days of weights. Will post starting weight and measurements on Wednesday! Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck everyone!
  • cyoose
    cyoose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well. I love challenges and need the extra accountability that I know I will find here. So, sign me up please!!
  • honey_mocha
    honey_mocha Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    New month, new challenge!

This challenge is open to anyone who is ready to buckle down and lose significant weight this February. For the next 29 days lets all join together to lose weight and reach our fitness goals!

For the Challenge:

~Simply post to join.
    ~In your initial post please include your weight loss goals for the challenge, starting weight, starting measurements(optional) and a summary of your diet/fitness plan.
    ~On Wednesday's each person will weigh in, update measurements (optional) and give an update on their progress.
    ~I will post weekly rankings on Thursday for most weight lost (as a percentage of body weight) and most inches lost.

I encourage everyone to actively participate on this thread posting questions, helpful hints and support. The weekly check ins are meant to keep us all on track and tweak our plans as needed. Let's all join in together to make this February your best yet for weight loss!

My start weight as of 1/29/12: 319
    Goal this month: to lose 10 lb

Fitness plan/ kind of low carb and workout 3-4 times a week!
  • greeneyedaries
    greeneyedaries Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • astrasburger
    astrasburger Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I"m in
    ~10 - 15 lbs to lose, main focus to is to firm up
    ~ watch calories and moderate exercise
    ~ i work from home so i find it hard to make myself accountable as it's easy to blame the kids being off schedule....
  • cunokyle
    cunokyle Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Starting weight: 282.8 pounds
    Feb. Weight loss goal: 20 pounds

I am going to try to work out 360 minutes or more per week.

Definitely will be eating a lot of protein!
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have a competitive side so maybe this will help...

Initial weight 263 lbs
    Goal weight 140 lbs
    Waist 48 inches
    Hips 50.5 inches

I am doing a walking program called Walk Off Weight and watching what I eat and counting calories on MFP. My motivation to lose weight is to ensure I am not too overweight to be a bone marrow donor in case I am a match for my sister. So for me, losing weight is not an option.
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this one. It seems that every other day I go off the wagon, and I want to be in shape for a trip to Belize near the end of February. This will be great motivation for me.

I will post my weight on Wednesday, as that is the day I usually weigh in anyway.

I have about 10-12 lbs to go, depending on what the scale says.
    I am at 1200 calories daily
    I use a pedometer and track my calories that way, usually through treadmill walking.
  • conniezb
    conniezb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in, cant wait! I will post my info tomorrow morning.
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great idea; thanks for starting this. Like others, this may be the kick I need to get back on track (I allowed a trip to New Orleans and then the Christmas holiday to derail me). Starting weight is 169.8. My pre-NOLA weight was 163, so I would like to get back to that by the end of the month.

Good luck, Everyone!