1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
    2 tablespoons of lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon of ginger
    1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
    1 large green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
    2 onions, cut into eights
    3 small zucchini or yellow squash, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
    1 pint of cherry tomatoes (optional)

Cut breasts into 1inch pieces. Place chicken in a container to marinade. Combine next 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly and shake vigorously. Pour over chicken; cover and marinate in the refrigerator 4 hours or more. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Slide chicken and vegetables on skewers coated with vegetable spray. Grill kabobs until done (15-20 minutes) on medium coals. Turn and baste often with marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
  • KayRisTee
    KayRisTee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I like to do kabobs to break up the monotony of chicken breast. This one is one of my favorites it's super yummy.

Key Lime Chicken Kabobs

3 Tablespoons of soy sauce
    2 Tablespoons of honey
    1 Tablespoon of vegetable oil
    Juice of 1 lime
    1 clove of garlic
    4 chicken breasts, cubed

Cube chicken
    Mix all the ingredients and marinate the chicken in it for a while. (I make it in the morning and then let it marinate in the fridge all day, YUM)
    I make mine with mushrooms, bell peppers, and onion. Skewer and grill.

Oops forgot to include the nutrition facts.
    Nutrition

Calories: 169
    Carbohydrates:10.7 g
    Cholesterol: 67 mg
    Fat: 2.8 g
    Fiber: 0.1 g
    Protein: 24.7 g
    Sodium: 117 mg
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Chicken Gyros

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken (breasts or thighs)
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 lemon, juiced
    2 tsp red wine vinegar
    2 tbsp olive oil
    2 tsp dried oregano
    kosher salt and pepper
    tzatziki sauce
    sliced tomatoes
    sliced onions
    sliced cucumbers
    lettuce
    4 (pocketless) pitas

Whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, oregano, and 1 teaspoon salt in a small bowl and add to Ziploc bag. Add in chicken pieces and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour, turning halfway through.
    Preheat the grill (or pan, or broiler). Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, and then grill over indirect heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side, depending what size/type chicken you are using. Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes before slicing into strips.

Meanwhile, warm your pita bread. I have a gas stove, so I just spray them with a little bit of oil and stick them right on the burner for a few seconds per side. Top the pita with the chicken, tzatziki, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, and lettuce.
  • JanaCanada
    JanaCanada Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Roasted Garlic CHicken Pizza

Ingredients
    • 1-2 whole heads of garlic, roasted
    • 1 pizza crust, homemade or storebought (**see tip below**)
    • 1/2 cup PHILADELPHIA brand Italian Herb & Cheese Cooking Creme
    • 2-3 cups shredded cooked chicken
    • sliced white or red onions
    • 1-2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or part skim Mozzarella cheese
    • 1 handful Italian parsley, finely-chopped

Begin by roasting your head(s) of garlic. Once it is ready and cooled to room temperature, carefully squeeze the garlic cloves out of the skin and set aside.

Preheat your oven to 425 degrees (or the temperature specified on your pizza crust, if storebought).

Lay your pizza crust on a floured work surface. Spread the top with the PHILADELPHIA brand Cooking Creme, leaving a 1-inch border for crust. Sprinkle evenly with shredded chicken, onions, roasted garlic cloves, and about half of the chopped parsley. Top evenly with cheese.

Transfer to a pizza baking sheet and bake at 425F degrees for 12-16 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. (Or you can bake it on a pizza stone, following the manufacturer's instructions if you'd like.) Remove pizza and let cool for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with the remaining chopped parsley, and serve.
  • martha84m
    martha84m Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • asdjlo
    asdjlo Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jul2526
    jul2526 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shweet_heart
    Shweet_heart Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm so boring when I cook, so I'm loving the ideas here! Going to try some tomorrow!
  • JayStu
    JayStu Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Lambeze
    Lambeze Posts: 237
    Options
    Here is an easy one. Put a chicken breast in a baking dish with a little water, and red wine vinegar so it can steam when covered. Add Italian seasoning, and a pinch of dill, then cover with aluminum foil and cook till done (about 40 min at 350 degrees). The chicken will unlock a lot of flavor when you cook it covered.
  • belle_82
    Options
    I have made my own chicken schnitzels before, but instead of using breadcumbs I used a mix of almond meal, pepper, mixed herbs and grated Parmesan cheese.

They tasted absolutely amazing!!!!
  • sundog10
    sundog10 Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    bump for later; they all sound so good
  • RachCurran
    RachCurran Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karengeiger1
    Options
    Here's another easy one. Mix 1 small can orange juice concentrate (thawed), 1 egg and 1-2 tbsp. soy sauce. Place 4 chicken breasts in sauce and marinade for up to 2 hours. Take breasts out of marinade and roll in bread crumbs. Bake in pan coated with cooking spray for 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until done.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    So many good recipes can't wait to try them. Everyone has said my go to recipes. :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I like to take a bag (frozen) of chicken tenderloins or breasts and put them in the Crockpot with Trader Joe's low fat Marinara on top with about 1/4 cup water. This is good served over either whole wheat noodles or brown rice. Yum!
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for the idea, anything from Trader Joe's gets my attention! Sounds like it would make a nice meal, I may toss some veggies in too, or perhaps serve on the side.
  • cindygagnon
    cindygagnon Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That looks yummy :P

Throw frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker with salsa (NO water needed) in the morning. When you get home shred them with a fork, add some fat free sourcream, and stir. I use this mixture in tortillas, to make chicken enchiladas, over salad, and my husband grabs a fork and eats it cold out of the refrigerator.
  • swissbrit
    swissbrit Posts: 201
    Options
    I love soups in winter :-)

Spicy Asian Chicken Noodle Soup

3 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups water
    8 ounces cooked shredded chicken
    1/2 cup grated carrots
    1/2 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
    1 1/2 teaspoons Sriracha
    2 teaspoons soy sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
    1 2-inch piece fresh ginger
    3 ounces uncooked rice flour noodles
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/4 cup green onions, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces

In a large saucepan over medium heat, add the first 9 ingredients (through ginger). Bring to a simmer for at least 5 minutes, then keep warm.

Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the rice noodles and cook according to package instructions; drain. Transfer 1/4 cup noodles into each soup bowl.

Remove ginger from broth mixture. Add lime juice and stir. Ladle about 1 1/2 cups soup into each bowl. Sprinkle with a tablespoon each of cilantro and green onions.

Serves: 4

Not only is this super tasty, but it's also a breeze to throw together. Simply heat the ingredients in a large pot and away you go. Kind of sounds like the canned Chicken Noodle Soup. But tastier.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 400g
    Amount per serving
    Calories 195 Calories from fat 22
    % Daily Value
    Total Fat 2.4g 4%
    Saturated Fat 0.7g 4%
    Cholesterol 44mg 15%
    Sodium 648mg 27%
    Total Carbs 22.6g 8%
    Fiber 2.1g 8%
    Sugars 1.8g