Bump
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • xGRAFIK
    xGRAFIK Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jerk chicken is amazing, especially in a tortilla with sweet potato!

chicken breast (cut into strips/chunks)
    jerk seasoning
    light mayo
    sweet potato (cut into wedges)
    cottage cheese

stick it all in a tortilla
  • uknlv18
    uknlv18 Posts: 6
    Options
    Marinate chicken breasts in Italian Dressing and then wrap in kitchen foil and bake. I use Good Seasons packets, (which I get sent to me from America, but you can use any light Italian Dressing). To keep it low calorie as possible I mix the packet with half the required oil, I use olive oil, and then make up the difference with vinegar and water. You can also use lemon juice in place of the vinegar.
    Put the chicken in a baggy or air tight container and let it marinate for about an half hour to an hour.
    Put the chicken in kitchen foil and I also put some sliced veg in with the chicken in the parcels and then pour a bit more of the dressing on everything.
    Seal up the bags and then bake at 180 c or 350f for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

I have also used this same recipe for pork chops. You don't need to bake as long about 30 minutes depending on thickness of the chops.
  • Saratini76
    Saratini76 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    A quick and easy idea for some "comfort food" style chicken. It is not low in sodium but IS low fat, low cal. I am a southern girl, so gravies are usually a hit!

Season boneless, skinless breasts with your choice of seasonings. (Mine is garlic, black pepper, onion powder, and a little bit of paprika). Place in a casserole or baking dish. Mix 1 can of Progresso Light French Onion soup with 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.

Use diced onion, sprinkle on top of chicken then pour soup mixture over chicken and onion. Bake until chicken is done, about 40-45 minutes. I usually serve this with Betty Crocker instant mashed potatoes (80 calories a serving) and a steamed veggie. The soup mixture can be used as gravy over the potatoes. It feels like a traditional high fat southern dish!

(Oh, same recipe can be used with pork chops. Turned out just as good!)
  • supercuteturtle
    supercuteturtle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump :D
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • shercoup
    shercoup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump