Bump!
  • ware_sarah
    ware_sarah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Add a yummy twist to your chicken breast by marinating and cooking it in salsa. It ends up tasting so good. Really adds zing to a salad too.
    I do something like this...I brown chicken breasts first, then top them with rotel tomatoes, corn, black beans and shredded mexican cheese....bake for 30 minutes. So good!!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Smorsb
    Smorsb Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    bump for me =)
  • Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Bump....

It's ok to put frozen chicken in the crock pot? For some reason I am thinking I heard before not too, but that would be so much easier!
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I boil frozen chicken breasts in water and lemon juice for 20 minutes. Sometimes when I get home from work, I just don't have the energy for anything else. I've been eating it this way since college.
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Love chicken.....bump!
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Add a yummy twist to your chicken breast by marinating and cooking it in salsa. It ends up tasting so good. Really adds zing to a salad too.
    I do something like this...I brown chicken breasts first, then top them with rotel tomatoes, corn, black beans and shredded mexican cheese....bake for 30 minutes. So good!!

That does sound delish!
  • BLNKSN
    BLNKSN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When I am in a hurry and don't won't to spend a lot of time in the kitchen.....I cut mine up and then stir fry it in a hot skillet with a little olive oil and seasoning......then I eat it with steamed vegetables or lettuce wrap.
  • aynhagenbarth
    aynhagenbarth Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just made this last night and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/hummus-crusted-chicken/#

Hummus-Crusted Chicken
    Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 25 minutes35 minutes
    Yield: 4 Servings
    Hummus serves as the perfect sauce in this easy baked chicken dish!
    Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    salt and pepper
    1 zucchini, chopped
    1 yellow squash, chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 cup hummus, homemade or storebought
    1 Tbsp. olive oil
    2 lemons
    1 tsp. smoked paprika or sumac
    Method

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish or two smaller baking dishes with cooking spray.

Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.

If using one baking dish, place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the pan with smoked paprika or sumac. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.

**If using two pans, use one for the chicken and one for the vegetables.**

Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
  • aglasoe
    Options
    Just made this last night and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/hummus-crusted-chicken/#

Hummus-Crusted Chicken
    Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 25 minutes35 minutes
    Yield: 4 Servings
    Hummus serves as the perfect sauce in this easy baked chicken dish!
    Ingredients

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    salt and pepper
    1 zucchini, chopped
    1 yellow squash, chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 cup hummus, homemade or storebought
    1 Tbsp. olive oil
    2 lemons
    1 tsp. smoked paprika or sumac
    Method

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare one large baking dish or two smaller baking dishes with cooking spray.

Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.

If using one baking dish, place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the pan with smoked paprika or sumac. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.

**If using two pans, use one for the chicken and one for the vegetables.**

Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
    Sounds yummy.
  • aglasoe
    Options
    Bump....

It's ok to put frozen chicken in the crock pot? For some reason I am thinking I heard before not too, but that would be so much easier!
    Yes, it's okay to... you'll just need to increase cooking time vs. thawed ones. I put frozen ones on low in the morning and when I get home from work they're done.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Stuff with spinach sour cream onions garlic and roasted red peppers or sun dried tomatoes.
  • dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    One more,

I cut in strips and then egg wash, season and then dip in crushed corn chex and bake.
  • clarkfam_2005
    Options
    Hungry Girl's Nacho-Riffic Stuffed Chicken is incredible! And can be made low in sodium by homemaking your own taco seasoning.
  • KristyTonn
    KristyTonn Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What type of sauce is Franks?
  • Mom_Ellis
    Mom_Ellis Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump for later