Replies

• srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    So much to read....bumping
  • themeaningofthemorning
    Options
    1 tbsp dijon mustard, 2 tbsp lemon juice, a little pepper
    pour it over a chicken breast in a little roast pan and cover with some tinfoil, bake at 350 for 40 mins
  • jrmommy23
    jrmommy23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bump:smile:
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    need to watch out for the chicken that comes frozen in a bag. It is packed with sodium - no wonder it tastes so good!
  • freshstart14
    freshstart14 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tammy422
    Tammy422 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • pinkandgreen111
    Options
    YUMMMM!!!! I just joined here yesterday and I am loving this thread!!!
    I think I figured out what "bump" means too lol
    Feel free to friend me!

Thanks for sharing so many yummy recipes!
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hsegberg
    hsegberg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    in a Crock-pot dump frozen chicken breast boneless and skinless (211 calories) and a jar of Salsa Casera (Herdez) (10 calories) low for about 8-10 hours
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I like to bake chicken breasts in a breadcrumb, parmesan cheese (not much required as such a strong flavour) , and crushed black pepper mix. It's delicious with a homemade type salsa - roughly chopped tomatoes, garlic onion and chilli. For a substational meal, I add some boiled spuds and lots of seasonal veggies.
  • Kayciemae02
    Kayciemae02 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Throw frozen chicken breasts in the slow cooker with salsa (NO water needed) in the morning. When you get home shred them with a fork, add some fat free sourcream, and stir. I use this mixture in tortillas, to make chicken enchiladas, over salad, and my husband grabs a fork and eats it cold out of the refrigerator.

How long do you cook these in the slow cooker? with travel time and work, I'm gone about 9 hours - I always worry that the chicken will be dried out... ?
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    That sounds amazing!
  • langsyne
    langsyne Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Put your chicken breast on some tinfoil then cover it in a few slices of tomato, a few slices of carrot, some sliced onion, and a tiny bit of garlic. Wrap it all up like a little parcel and pop in the oven for 40 mins. It keems all th moisture in the chicken and helps it to absorb the flavours. Not sure if it's low in sodium but it tastes DELICIOUS! lol
    I love this idea and am going to try it. I've never been a fan of chicken breast (I'm a leg gal) because I always find it so dry.
  • progers88
    progers88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bottom
    bottom Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this... what does "bump" mean? lol I keep seeing it
    Puts it on " Your Topics"so you can get back to it and see how people answered. :wink:
    "
  • VSampler
    VSampler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    MARINADE is what I do with all meats, for at least 24 hours it helps and saves time. then I broil, sear or bake while I'm doing something else. Try organe juice with ginger, lime juice with low sodium soy or lemon juice with low fat Italian dressing as a Marinade.
  • sundaywishes
    sundaywishes Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Some good recipes here =)
  • dani_alaine
    Options
    bump! Such yummy ideas :)