bump
  • Shara126
    Shara126 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump
  • grillingirl
    grillingirl Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Try roasting it with balsamic vinegar and some extra virgin olive oil and some root vegetables like carrots, onions, and maybe a few red peppers and asparagus! Yum! That's what I'm planning on having for dinner tonight. Found the recipe on Skinnytaste.com
  • karincleary
    karincleary Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have used this several times and it is delicious!

ingredients
    • 4 chicken cutlets (see Making Chicken Cutlets, opposite)
    • 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
    • 3 large avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and chopped
    • 1 large tomato, chopped
    • 1 medium red onion, cut in thin strips
    • 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
    • 3 Tbsp. lime juice
    • 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
    • Lime wedges
    directions
    1. Preheat grill pan over high heat. Coat chicken with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Add to grill pan; cook 2 to 3 minutes each side or until no pink remains.
    2. Meanwhile, in large bowl combine avocados, tomato, onion, jalapeño, lime juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.
    3. Making Chicken Cutlets: If chicken cutlets are unavailable, make your own using boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Steady the meat by placing your hand on top of the thickest part of the chicken breast. Cut in half horizontally, being sure to hold your fingers up and away from the blade. Once you have cut through a few inches of the breast, pull the sliced part back to open and cut down the middle, forming two pieces. If needed, gently flatten the cutlet with the heel of your hand until it is about a half-inch thick.

Nutrition Facts

Calories 496
    Total Fat 33g Saturated Fat 5g
    Monounsaturated 21g Polyunsaturated 4g
    Cholesterol 82mg Sodium 254mg
    Carbohydrate 18g Total Sugar 3g
    Fiber 11g Protein 36g
    *Vitamin A (DV%)0 *Vitamin C(DV%)55 *Calcium (DV%)5 *Iron (DV%)13
    * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Socobruja
    Socobruja Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • josol1971
    josol1971 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bump - some great ideas here!
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I made this today! soooooo good over egg noodles! also on rice or not on anything!

http://tinyurl.com/a497uad

I didn't have time to let it sit for two hours so I just soaked them for 5-10 minutes then made more sauce that was the same as the first batch only no water added to the left over of the first sauce and used that to simmer the chicken in and just eyed it for when to be done.

was very nice! I am still picking at the left over chicken in the kitchen! so good cold too!
  • jodilo88
    Options
    I saw a recipe for "Perfect Chicken" on a blog and altered it slightly.

Original Recipe:
    1/2 tsp each: salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, and onion powder
    Chicken breasts (as many as you're making)

I leave out the salt (un-needed sodium) and the onion powder but leave everything else in. Also since I'm cooking for three (usually) and one is a firefighter/EMT, I have to double my chicken and therefore my rub recipe...DO NOT under ANY circumstance EVER DOUBLE THE SALT!!!! Bad for sodium and makes it absolutely miserable - learned this the hard way!

Also, DO NOT "shake & bake." That was another mistake I made the first time I tried it. It came out looking blackened (which isn't necessarily bad) and tasted extremely salty (that IS bad). I emphasize RUBBING the spices on the meat.

After you have the spice rub on the meat, cook stovetop in just a bit of olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side, then pop in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes. My boyfriend absolutely LOVES it and demands that I make it at least twice a week (good luck with that with meat prices...)
  • ProjecThinspiration
    Options
    bump
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    Some great ideas here for when my oven starts working again!
  • badbeepumpkinn
    badbeepumpkinn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My son is an amazingly picky eater, and boneless, skinless chicken breasts are one of the few proteins he will eat. To give him a bit of variety, we do one of two things - one is your standard diet chicken parm - a couple of tablespoons of marinara (or in his case, the squeeze contadina pizza sauce) a light sprinkle of parm, and a light sprinkle of mozz.

For the second, after preparing the breast, we heat 2 Tablespoons of sugar free orange marmalade in the microwave for 30 seconds and then baste the chicken in the sauce. He likes it, and I have found that the sugar free actually warms to a sauce better than the full sugar version.:smile:

chicken parm sounds very good! bump for later
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Linzight
    Linzight Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Great ideas.
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • irishk8lin
    Options
    bump for dinner tonight :)
  • rdcory
    rdcory Posts: 7
    Options
    PARMIGIANO-REGGIANO-CRUSTED CHICKEN
    INGREDIENTS
    • 1/2 cup flour
    • 2 eggs
    • 1 1/4 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese or other freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (Kraft in bag is good)
    • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved and pounded 1/4-inch thick
    • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
    Serves 4
    PREPARATION
    Place the flour on a plate. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs; place cheese on another plate. Working with one cutlet at a time, coat the chicken with the flour, then egg and then cheese, pressing to adhere. Transfer to a plate.
    In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons EVOO, two turns of the pan, over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, turning once, until deeply golden, 10 minutes.
  • rdcory
    rdcory Posts: 7
    Options
    bump
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Try this....It's super good for you, and really tasty!

Put three boneless skinless chicken breasts in a large pot and cover (you want about three inches above the chicken) with water.
    Boil.
    When the chicken is almost done, add to the boiling water some boil in a bag brown rice (the kind that cooks in 10 minutes)

When the rice has about a minute left to go, remove the chicken from the water, and cut them in half (just to be sure they're done (they should be)

Finish the rice, and pour out into a collander.

In the same pot you boiled everything in, toss in a pat of butter (unsalted) or some olive oil, throw in some veggies (I use green beans, or sometimes black beans or brocolli), toss with the rice, cut up the chicken into bite size peices. and throw it in (I dont always throw the chicken into the pot, i will cut it up and measure it seperately so I know just how much I'm getting). I season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and some basil (add some sriracha if you like a little heat!).
    The chicken is really moist because it was cooked in the water, and it's really flavorful, without using a lot of fat!

Good luck!
  • ukjessi
    ukjessi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump!