Where did you meet your wife/husband/bf/gf

Options

Replies

• Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby when I was visiting my sister. I came over to hang with her and her boyfriend for the night and have drinks and play games and all the sudden this guy comes walking in the house. He was my sister's boyfriend's friend. I was like Oohhh who is that??? My sis had no clue. She had never met him before. He was bored over at another friend's house and just decided to drop in and visit. We talked and laughed all night long while my sister and her man fought and we have been together since. That was September 25th 2009. We were married November 20th that same year and are still as in love/happy as the day we met. We have a little girl who is 18 months old (we got pregnant at the end of October 2009 a month after we met) and I have a step daughter who is 9. We are a very happy little family and live every day to its fullest. I am truly blessed.
  • Ashley121205
    Ashley121205 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Mine I guess is a kind of weird story. I was pretty young. Just barely 18 and in a partying phase. A girl I was friends with had a new boyfriend who was recently separated. We were in his car and she went in to pay for gas and his ex hopped in the car and said either get out and walk or stay in. I stayed in and she drove to her house. Little known to me this was my future husband's step sister. So hanging out with her was how I met him and shortly after we started dating/married/have 4 darling daughters and have been together 9 years. So weird I actually stayed in the car that day but best decision of my life :heart:
  • ggus64
    ggus64 Posts: 22
    Options
    High School Sweethearts....we just celebrated our 27th wedding anniversary last month!! Expecting our first grandchild in March!!
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Funny story actually I met my husband of 13 years at a restaurant he was managing. The area directors wife worked with us and she asked him what he thought of me. Mind you I had no clue she was up to anything! He said she would never go out with me she is way out of my league. She told him that she thought he should ask me out I said why not. We worked together for 3 months before we started dating. It was a violation of the rules and regs of the restaurant for management to date staff. Well we kept it on the dl a month after we started dating we got engaged. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such a wonderful husband. Another funny thing ownership did not find out until after we were engaged. Because the A.D.'s wife set us up they just moved my husaband into a training roll for the concept.
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So my little love story started almost 3 years ago, I already had 2 girls, I changed jobs, the guy i was with was a "real bad" guy, Anyway, about a month after I started working at my new job I met the love of my life, he worked in the warehouse of my job, and I worked upstairs in the purchasing department, we started talking and hanging out, then about 6 months later found out we were having a baby, his first my 3rd. Well we have our ups and downs but we are still very much in love and still work together, which can be difficult sometimes. lol
  • KatelynnMDuggan
    KatelynnMDuggan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend my senior year of high school when I was still with my ex. I thought he was a jerk. He was a friend of one of my best guy friends. I didn't see him again until I started college over a year later and we became friends. He asked me dating advice and what not and when I was going through a hard time with a guy I was interested in and with my family he was there for me. He told me at the end of my freshmen year of college he liked me and I was so mad at him. We were just supposed to be friend and he ruined it. He didn't give up though and kept hanging out with me and taking me on dates and finally I fell for him and we have been together a year and a half now :)
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I met mine online. It started as a friendship that quickly became dating and now we are going on 6 years :O Time flys.
  • Johnny_Castle
    Options
    bump?
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I met my husband in highschool. My homeroom teacher was his Dad and I saw him coming out of his Dads office after school one day and it was love at first sight!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Me and Honey use to work together about 8yrs ago...at the time we were good friends and both were seeing someone else!!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    We worked together at a pizza place lol
    I was seeing someone else but it was already over in our hearts.
  • LovingCruz
    LovingCruz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at the club 13 years ago when he was in the marines. Even though found out like 6 months later that he was 6 years younger than me it didn't matter because we became friends. So we been together for 13 years and on March 17 will make our 8 year anniversary.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Short answer: In my kitchen.

Long answer: We met online, and lived in different states. After a month of emails and phone calls, he came to visit me, so we actually MET for the first time in my kitchen.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at a coffee bar in the town where I went to college... He was stationed at the AirForce base there....

The coffee shop was called Mezamiz Coffee House and was my favorite place to hit up for a Tripple shot espresso latte with hazlenut :wink:

Yep... met him there for the first time... didn't like him :laugh: I actually liked his best friend... made friends with them (military guys... I should have known better :laugh: ) and hung out with them all the time.... Long story short... I married one of them... :laugh:
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welllllllllll, I worked for his sister for about a year or so, and one day after our weekly meeting she said "I need to talk to you off the record." I immediately thought "crap! I'm being laid off and she's giving me a heads up" Then she said "I think you would really hit it off with my brother ." To which I replied, "sounds good" then walked out of her office because I was so happy I wasn't losing my job.

When I got to my desk I realized I didn't ask her anything about her brother, including his name! So I ran back to the office for the details.

We had a blind date at the Pittsburgh Zoo on 9/20/03, he proposed three months later, and we were married on 11/20/04.

:laugh:
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    currently single :(
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    In college I married my stalker JJ! ;)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Neither of us can remember! We met when we were teenagers and hung around in the same "crowd" but just can't remember the exact moment. First marriages later we realized why we had been good friends for so many years, because we had everything in common! Have now been together for the BEST 15 years of my life!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Physics class
  • BeautifulMe322
    BeautifulMe322 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft