How much do you want to be paid?

Options
12346»

Replies

• RedHotChiliSteppers
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom, and although I feel I should get some sort of payment lol, I am going to tell what I think my husband should be making.
    We moved to a new city, where we knew no one. He was told after 3 months he would get a raise. It has been almost a year, no raise. He ran the store for a few months on his own. He worked weeks with no days off, and does more than anyone else there. He has covered for so many people, come in on his days off, and been promised time off again and again, only to get nothing. They have promised raises and promotions if he did what they wanted just to get him to stay and still nothing.. He has done above and beyond what anyone else in the company has done. He make 50 cents more than the customer service rep, and he is an assistant manager... I believe he deserves not only a big *kitten* raise, but also a big *kitten* bonus!!

Amen! More people need to get rewarded for the sweat and tears!
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    I shouldn't even be employed, I haven't done anything at work today.

being that I am on MFP while at work, this exactly.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    let's see, before medicare and Rx premiums my social security retirement pays me $10.70 per hour (based on a 40 hour work week). at this point i would give anything to go back to work at my $60k job before my injury. big adjustment, but was poor when young, so i didn't forget how to budget. <sigh>
  • EuroDriver12
    EuroDriver12 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    goal is $10,000 a month.... in the future at a different job...
  • delilah47
    Options
    bump
  • PaLawDog
    Options
    Underpaid. Everyday i risk my life. Im injured and out of work at least once a year and all for a below average salary.
  • delilah47
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom, and although I feel I should get some sort of payment lol, I am going to tell what I think my husband should be making.
    We moved to a new city, where we knew no one. He was told after 3 months he would get a raise. It has been almost a year, no raise. He ran the store for a few months on his own. He worked weeks with no days off, and does more than anyone else there. He has covered for so many people, come in on his days off, and been promised time off again and again, only to get nothing. They have promised raises and promotions if he did what they wanted just to get him to stay and still nothing.. He has done above and beyond what anyone else in the company has done. He make 50 cents more than the customer service rep, and he is an assistant manager... I believe he deserves not only a big *kitten* raise, but also a big *kitten* bonus!!

gee, if they gave your husband a deserved raise and bonus, how would the ceo strip all the profits for HIS/HER raise and bonus??????
  • delilah47
    Options
    No job, full time student, but a hell of a lot more than I do get. After tuition alone I get a whopping 102.96 to last 3 months and that doesn't include the anywhere from 200-1,000 for books and supplies. Big pimpin right?
    hang in there! i paid for my own education and believe you appreciate it more when you go to work and finally get the loans paid off. you'll see it's a wonderful feeling :bigsmile:
  • delilah47
    Options
    Underpaid. Everyday i risk my life. Im injured and out of work at least once a year and all for a below average salary.

for what it's worth; i appreciate what you do... thank-you for putting yourself out there :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    How much do you think you deserve to be paid at your job right now? Are you satisfied with your job and salary currently?

I like my job and think I am well paid for it.
  • PaLawDog
    Options
    I am not at my job for the money. I get to see troubled teens make changes they need to suceed and have a well balanced life, what else can I ask for?

What is a better reward than that?

short answer-MONEY
    although i respect what you do. The better you do your job the less i have to deal with them:)
  • PaLawDog
    Options

for what it's worth; i appreciate what you do... thank-you for putting yourself out there :flowerforyou:

Thank you :)
  • AOKnight
    Options
    Uuummm... YES! Who wouldn't want to get paid more?!?!?
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I am paid well for my job, but still under market value, but that is life. :smile: