February - No Fast Food Challenge.

Options

Replies

• sabrina32576
    sabrina32576 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My taco bell urge was strong today and I almost caved but I didn't!! Woohoo!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,367 Member
    Options
    My taco bell urge was strong today and I almost caved but I didn't!! Woohoo!

Awesome Sabrina
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Of course they brought in Dunkin donuts at work today and I had 2 of them. I can't decide if I want to count 2 donuts from Dunkin Donuts as fast foods. What do you all think? :ohwell: I will decide by tonight. :grumble:

Days NO fast foods = 9
    Days with fast food = ??
    Days under calories = 7
    Days left = 20

exercise.png

weight.png

[/quote]
  • Kmilky
    Kmilky Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can I join the no fast food Challenge still?
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I think I joined this challenge before I really thought it through. It just hit me today that in giving up fast food I would also be giving up my spike day---not a good thing. So I'm going to remove myself from this challenge. You guys keep up the good work!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I think I joined this challenge before I really thought it through. It just hit me today that in giving up fast food I would also be giving up my spike day---not a good thing. So I'm going to remove myself from this challenge. You guys keep up the good work!

What is a spike day? Sorry to hear you are leaving the challenge. I never liked that it was an absolute no no since I do not believe in total abstience from any foods. Anyways I will stick it out to see how many days I manage without eating any fast foods.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I flopped today. way over calories and plenty of fast foods. Tomorrow is a new day. Letting it go and moving on...I will focus on making weekend a good one food wise. Have a good weekend everyone!!

Days NO fast foods = 9
    Days with fast food = 1
    Days under calories = 7
    Days left = 19

exercise.png

weight.png

[/quote]
    [/quote]
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options

What is a spike day? Sorry to hear you are leaving the challenge. I never liked that it was an absolute no no since I do not believe in total abstience from any foods. Anyways I will stick it out to see how many days I manage without eating any fast foods.

From what I read, a spike day is where you eat over your daily calorie goal. It helps keep the body from getting use to eating at a calorie deficit and keeps your metabolism from slowing down. From what I've read, some people do a whole day and other just one meal (I do the meal). I also read that for some people, it's not always about going over on calories, but more of letting yourself eat things you normally would not (that's what I do). I was doing a spike day, but I did not know it because one day a week I would eat something that I normally would not such as pizza. This also keeps me from feeling deprived.
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Days no fast Food = 7
    Days w/fast food = 3
    Days left = 19

Happy Friday everyone! =)
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My mother all but begged me to go have Chinese buffet with her yesterday but I was able to talk her out of it. Honestly, that was one of the most difficult things I've done on this journey so far. I LOVE Chinese food, but until I can get used to eying my portions and figuring out what I should and shouldn't be eating there I'm not eating it at all. I also avoided the cheese fries and Pepsi that were calling my name at the bowling alley today. We were there for 2 hours and all I had was a cup of water. :smile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    My mother all but begged me to go have Chinese buffet with her yesterday but I was able to talk her out of it. Honestly, that was one of the most difficult things I've done on this journey so far. I LOVE Chinese food, but until I can get used to eying my portions and figuring out what I should and shouldn't be eating there I'm not eating it at all. I also avoided the cheese fries and Pepsi that were calling my name at the bowling alley today. We were there for 2 hours and all I had was a cup of water. :smile:

Whooohoooo! Great!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options

From what I read, a spike day is where you eat over your daily calorie goal. It helps keep the body from getting use to eating at a calorie deficit and keeps your metabolism from slowing down. From what I've read, some people do a whole day and other just one meal (I do the meal). I also read that for some people, it's not always about going over on calories, but more of letting yourself eat things you normally would not (that's what I do). I was doing a spike day, but I did not know it because one day a week I would eat something that I normally would not such as pizza. This also keeps me from feeling deprived.
    Thanks for definition. I guess I do those anyways but trying to do much less than in the pass. Hate to see you leave us because of this. Not sure why you can't have your spike days and just count it as a day with fast foods :)
  • meeaham
    Options
    Days no fast Food = 8
    Days w/fast food = 3
    Days left = 18

My friends wanted to go eat burgers but I said no! Instead, I ate a sandwich at home. =)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Back on track today but I did go to KFC but I had the kids meal with 1 grilled drumstick, mashed potato and string cheese stick. I was under calories but KFC is fast food even though I am happy with my choices. So that is 2 days fast food for me.

Days NO fast foods = 9
    Days with fast food = 2
    Days left = 18
    Days under calories = 8

exercise.png

weight.png
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Days NO fast foods = 10
    Days with fast food = 2
    Days left = 17
    Days under calories = 8

exercise.png

weight.png
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in this challenge as well. I already had a whopper in my food diary for tomorrow, but after that--no more. Good bye pizza too!

Are your Yorkie's legs hidden by the dress or does she have no back legs? So cute!~
  • Vjb2525
    Options
    I regret to announce that I totally failed this challenge! I would like to try it again; however, may have to start off doing it for a 2 week period instead of a month....

Good luck to everyone else.
  • meeaham
    Options
    Days no fast Food = 9
    Days w/fast food = 3
    Days left = 17

Another day with no fast food! Feeling great!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Days NO fast foods = 11
    Days with fast food = 2
    Days left = 16
    Days under calories = 9

exercise.png

weight.png
  • meeaham
    Options
    Days no fast Food = 10
    Days w/fast food = 3
    Days left = 16

I cooked chicken enchiladas tonight for dinner and they were super yummy!