February - No Fast Food Challenge.

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I accept this challenge!! But I'm with the other girls..... DOES SUBWAY COUNT????

This is up to you. We are all adults and we know what is considered real fast food. Like for me I am lazy and do not like making salads so every other day I buy a salad from McDonalds. I am not counting a salad as fast food because it is purchased at a fast food place. I personally am not counting Subway as my fast food.

Hope that helps.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Still no fast food or sodas. I had to meet my ex at a Wendy's to pick up my daughter from her visit with him on Sunday. I had to drive home with her in the passenger seat enjoying a chicken sandwich and fries! It was hard but I behaved, I didn't even steal a fry. :happy:

Awesome!!
  • jenng38
    jenng38 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Days no fast Food = 6
    Days w/fast food = 1
    Days left = 22
  • Taymay75
    Options
    Okay, this is my post for today (Wednesday). My previous post was for Tuesday. One slip, but no more!

Days no fast Food = 7
    Days w/fast food = 1
    Days left = 21
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Yesterday I really struggled keeping my calories under but I did it by going to bed and thankfully I feel straight to sleep! YAY!

Days NO fast foods = 8
    Days under calories = 6

exercise.png

weight.png
  • kexz_meckz
    Options
    Yeah.. I tried.. i gave up..sorry... got too lazy to cook after work and school.. and there was no food at the house so i went and got fast food... <
    FAILED.. just being honest.. lol well good luck people :)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Yeah.. I tried.. i gave up..sorry... got too lazy to cook after work and school.. and there was no food at the house so i went and got fast food... <
    FAILED.. just being honest.. lol well good luck people :)
    Just because you gave in a day or more does not mean you should give up for the whole month my dear. Please keep trying. Remember success is never giving up. So if you have the whole month and were able not to eat fast foods 25 of those days you are not a failure unless you tell youself you are a failure. Let's get ride of that negative self talk. Attitude is everything.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Below is another good reminder on the power of positive thinking. Our outlook and attitude does affect our outcomes

Change Your Attitude!!!!!

There is nothing as motivating, nothing as powerful as your attitude and there is nothing as defeating as negative self-talk.

We have heard all before the pity party, the complaining, the doubt, do you want to end up with a shattered self image?

Here is the negative things we should be avoid saying: -
    I can’t lose weight no matter what I do......
    Why can everyone else lose weight except me?........
    It’s not fair.....
    It’s not my fault because I don’t have good genes.......
    I wish I could get rid of this gut.......
    It will never work because I like food too much.......
    I don’t have the willpower to get lean.....
    I would workout but I don’t have time.....
    I just can’t get myself up that early to workout.....
    I hate exercise!............

So now let's look the positive approach:-
    What can I do today that will help me get closer to my goal?
    What can I eat right now at this meal that will help me lose body fat?
    How great am I going to feel after I finish my workout?
    I am getting leaner every day.
    Whatever it takes, I’ll do it.
    I like eating healthy foods.
    I love working out.
    I can do it.

This and more can be found @ KETTLEWORX FAT FREE IN 42 | www.kettleworx.com
  • maryjay51
    Options
    does candy and cookies county as fast food if you dont buy it in a fast food joint?
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    does candy and cookies county as fast food if you dont buy it in a fast food joint?

Again, this is up to you. We are all adults and we know what is considered real fast food. Like for me I am lazy and do not like making salads so every other day I buy a salad from McDonalds. I am not counting a salad as fast food because it is purchased at a fast food place. I personally am not counting Subway as my fast food.

If candy, cookies is your fast food, count it. If not don't. I thought about and was going to include junk food period but decided can't deprive myself of everything and this would be an unrealistic goal for me. If it works for you this is ultimately your decision.

Hope that helps.
  • Taymay75
    Options
    Below is another good reminder on the power of positive thinking. Our outlook and attitude does affect our outcomes

Change Your Attitude!!!!!

There is nothing as motivating, nothing as powerful as your attitude and there is nothing as defeating as negative self-talk.

We have heard all before the pity party, the complaining, the doubt, do you want to end up with a shattered self image?

Here is the negative things we should be avoid saying: -
    I can’t lose weight no matter what I do......
    Why can everyone else lose weight except me?........
    It’s not fair.....
    It’s not my fault because I don’t have good genes.......
    I wish I could get rid of this gut.......
    It will never work because I like food too much.......
    I don’t have the willpower to get lean.....
    I would workout but I don’t have time.....
    I just can’t get myself up that early to workout.....
    I hate exercise!............

So now let's look the positive approach:-
    What can I do today that will help me get closer to my goal?
    What can I eat right now at this meal that will help me lose body fat?
    How great am I going to feel after I finish my workout?
    I am getting leaner every day.
    Whatever it takes, I’ll do it.
    I like eating healthy foods.
    I love working out.
    I can do it.

This and more can be found @ KETTLEWORX FAT FREE IN 42 | www.kettleworx.com

Great post Mollie! Negative self-talk in so important not only in our weight-loss journey, but in every area of our life.
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I had pizza yesterday while watching the Super Bowl. I couldn't help it! But today, I did good. =)

Days no fast Food = 4
    Days w/fast food = 2
    Days left = 23

Consistency is key not perfection!! Good job getting back on track.

Thanks Mollie! You're doing really well so far! Keep it up!
  • meeaham
    Options
    I had Togo's on Tuesday and got the turkey avocado sandwich. Super yummy! But yesterday, I had a Costco hot dog. =( Today, I'm back on track! No fast food!

Days no fast Food = 6
    Days w/fast food = 3
    Days left = 20
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I lost 2 pounds and that encouraged me to cut my calories even more today. I ate half a bag of microwave popcorn and it was very filling too. I have tried buying the mini bags but they don't pop right for me. Now we are headed into a weekend!! What is your plan? I may make a soup this weekend.

Days NO fast foods = 9
    Days under calories = 7
    Days left = 20

exercise.png

weight.png
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I just realized that I have not had fast food at all this month... sooo I accept the challenge!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I had Togo's on Tuesday and got the turkey avocado sandwich. Super yummy! But yesterday, I had a Costco hot dog. =( Today, I'm back on track! No fast food!

Days no fast Food = 6
    Days w/fast food = 3
    Days left = 20

I love the Costco hot dogs too!! I made it without getting one Monday. It is so cheap and beef and delicious. Why is fast food so much cheaper? It is a set up!!:grumble: Healthier always cost more!:angry: Not fare but it is what it is.:ohwell:
  • Taymay75
    Options
    Days no fast Food = 8
    Days w/fast food = 1
    Days left = 20
  • meeaham
    Options

Days no fast Food = 6
    Days w/fast food = 3
    Days left = 20

I love the Costco hot dogs too!! I made it without getting one Monday. It is so cheap and beef and delicious. Why is fast food so much cheaper? It is a set up!!:grumble: Healthier always cost more!:angry: Not fare but it is what it is.:ohwell:

Exactly! If only it was the other way around! And congrats on losing 2 lbs!!! =)
  • alisatomp
    alisatomp Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm in!