February - No Fast Food Challenge.

Options

Replies

• Ronbry
    Ronbry Posts: 2
    Options
    I am always up for a challenge...

My friend Emily took on this challenge about 5 years ago and she hasn't eaten in a McDonald's, Burger King, or any hamburger joint since! She still goes to Subway and sub shops to get veggie stuff but no greasy stuff. It's an amazing feeling to know that none of that junk is in your body. I am sure they have a lot of bad stuff at subway, but it can't be nearly as bad as whoppers and big macs...
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Not to mention all the nitrates and sodium in the meats. But fast food is fast food whether healthy or not. I think the hummus wraps at Pita Pit are pretty healthy (OH!! just remember the last fast food I had!) but it's still fast food so none for me this month. Bummer! We just got a Pita Pit in our town and I was pretty excited to have a decent fast food choice and now I've sworn it off for a month. :ohwell:

I would not swear off anything called Pita Pit. I have no idea what it is but the kind of fast food that is EVIL has nothing to do with pitas and hummus. Plus, an elimination diet (swearing off lets say...cheese or something you love) is not proven to be successful. I just like saving $$ and eating out all the time is not a way to do it. Plus, I don't eat factory farmed meats.

It's just for a month so I'll stick to the challenge and no Pita Pit in Feb. I might not have gone back for a month anyway. I generally pack my own lunch. BTW - They have plenty of unhealthy options to pack the pitas, too.
  • Kylesfa
    Kylesfa Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There are too many fast food temptations for me on my way home from work. Im totally taking this challenge!
  • susanaemendez
    susanaemendez Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Let's do this! :happy:
  • k1mcat
    k1mcat Posts: 68
    Options
    So, I was sitting in the drive thru at McDonalds this morning for a beverage and I was thinking, "oh no! I'm not supposed to be here! What am I doing????" Then I realized that to day is the 31st, whew! That was a close one! I'm still in! :tongue:
  • mle_k
    mle_k Posts: 88
    Options
    I'm in but I am keeping my subway...! I will limit myself to once per week though!

You'll stop eating Subway as often as you do when you learn this:

**they add a chemical to their bread to make it appear brown and more 'healthy'. It's the same chemical compound found in fertilizer. YUM! You're better off getting bakery bread and making your own sandwich.

Thanks for the info. :flowerforyou: But... I am still going to eat my turkey and cheese sub once in awhile... I like it... :bigsmile:
  • tjones7
    tjones7 Posts: 306
    Options
    bump can't read at the moment
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Oh I want to try :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2968-no-fast-food-challenge-february here you go guys add the group and each other as team mates (: gonna need as much support as I can get!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    I know for me I am going to eliminate chineese food too. I will not be counting Subway as a fast food.
  • Elizabeth2point0
    Options
    I haven't had fast food in 6.5 years - since I got pregnant with my first child..
    Good luck! It's actually one of the easiest things to give up.. I had trouble for the first while when my husband would eat it- the smell is tempting, but after watching Jamie Oliver, and with understanding how it's not food, it's fat and chemicals, it's quite easy to turn your nose up at it..
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Thanks so much for this challenge!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

No fast foods (and 21 days under calories for me)
    Days NO fast foods =
    Days under calories =

exercise.png

weight.png
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I haven't had fast food in 6.5 years - since I got pregnant with my first child..
    Good luck! It's actually one of the easiest things to give up.. I had trouble for the first while when my husband would eat it- the smell is tempting, but after watching Jamie Oliver, and with understanding how it's not food, it's fat and chemicals, it's quite easy to turn your nose up at it..

If it was that easy it would not be a billion dollar industry. :noway: But good for you on 6.5 years fast food free!! Excellent!! :flowerforyou:
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My kids will hate it, but it's gonna be good for everyone.

This. :) But I'm in too. Great challenge for February!
  • aljamom
    aljamom Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put my whole family on this challenge. Too many quick dollar item stops at places!
  • Queen_Nissa
    Options
    I'm game. It'll be a hard challenge especially since i have a few trips but i'm going to push myself to follow through.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I don't consider Subway as fast food. Fast food would be: Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Burger King, etc. Subway is fresh veggies, fresh baked bread...that is not fast food.
    I'll join....but I won't give up Subway. I'd rather have that any of that other garbage!
  • MadamoiselleL
    Options
    Sounds Great to ME!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Too easy..........not a fast food fan anyway.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    And u'd be amazed at all the calories and crap in Subway, sorry sweetie........not too much good there.