Yes. You CAN eat 'normal' food! (my rant.)

Options

Replies

• MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    No, every meal must be bean sprouts and tofu, and if you feel like splurging, 3 licks of a lollipop.

:noway:
  • Creolefiya
    Options
    I so needed to read that and i will share it because I just had this very debate with a friend of mine. I am one of those who can not do that change right away but I have been making wiser decisions better portions and i have lost my first 6 pounds!
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I agree that people need to start where they are at. Simply counting the calories will do wonders.

But sometimes one good new habit will follow another. So, it might be a process to find a long-term solution which can keep a person full, satisfied and balancing those macros.
  • Jarvis95
    Jarvis95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    i think you are my weight loss soul mate!!!!!!

hahaha also this study just came out supporting all your points:

http://www.healthzone.ca/health/dietfitness/article/1123698--calories-count-but-not-where-they-come-from-study

i'm a health researcher, i'm all for eating our recommended servings of fruit, veg and lean protein-so many health benefits from these foods, but that doesn't mean we can't enjoy CARBS and some junk food and still lose weight. so thank you. I feel like anyone joining MFP needs to read this post!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Well said, I found it so much easier to start out modifying the portions of my favorite foods and adding fruits and veggies, then totally altering what and how I ate after a while my body and taste started changing to where I enjoyed the more nutritious foods. We really need to focus more on a "whats best for you" mentality rather then a it's all black and white kinda thinking.
  • SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    damn right!!! I reserve the right to have a cookie for goodness sakes. I still eat a lot of the same things I love (carabba's, thai, pizza, chips, etc) and I'm losing weight. I think as long as it fits into my calories for the day, it's ok.
  • Bella3119
    Options
    Hi. My name is Pamelina and I'm a recovering binge eater.

I would be good for a week and then bam a 7 day binge. One after drinking countless bottles of pepto I realized this isn't going to work for me.

Check my journals. I eat crap atleast once a week. But I'm still losing weight. When I eat more crap than I burn, I don't lose weight. It seems so simple now. :)
  • pupcamper
    pupcamper Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Agreed! You can eat lots of delicious 'normal' food in moderation and lose weight! Not sure why people feel the need to starve themselves or eat only rabbit food! :drinker:

P.S I is possible for some people to lose weight and keep the puppies!! lol
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • dolfn1972
    dolfn1972 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    awesome post..and soooo so so true. Thank you for saying what many of us might of been afraid to say for fear of retaliation from the ORLB.

I eat 'normal' food every day. I go out to eat...I have fast food...I have candy and soda when I want it. But I absolutely positively watch my portions and am learning to know when to say no. I drink more water..Im more active and it works for me. At least so far. 12 lbs in 1 month is pretty good...or so I would like to think so.

Besides...its winter..I would rather have a hearty bowl of chilli than a peice of rainbow lettuce anyday
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I don't quite get it. How am I suppose to change my lifestyle unless I live in fear of anything and everything that someone might have said is unhealthy at some point?
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I think it's all about baby steps... When I started it was just mainly portion control. But yes I had m&m's as a dessert. I still do if I feel like it. What I think we learn along the way is eating healthier means you can eat more! (or at least that's how I see it!) a small bag of m&m's is 210 calories... A cup of pasta is about the same... Salad? Well you can have a huge bowl! But I am a firm believer that if I want a snickers bar, I'm gonna eat a snickers bar. I just figure the calories in.

I do think eating healthier is what we should all try to do... But I will NEVER give up any food!
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    My motto is eat what you want as long as you stay in the green! And it's difficult for me to stay green with those foods but it can be juggled around sometimes LOL
  • Tmrice721
    Tmrice721 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Well put!!!!!! I eat regular food and I lost 50lbs!! :drinker:
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I'm pretty sure that there are plenty of us that post on all of those types of threads that do eat "normal food"

IIFYM....
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    well said and I feel better about the small bag of doritos I just had......
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    As a side note, I do eat organic lettuce grown under rainbows as well. Unicorn fertilizer is like miracle grow on steroids.
  • ChattyKitten
    ChattyKitten Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great post!
    I'd die without chocolate. so guess what? I'm eating some when it fits in and sometimes even when it doesn't. just always in small amounts :)
  • vinylscratch
    vinylscratch Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hear hear! I'm enjoying a big fat bowl of penne with sriracha. It fits into my calories. I'm losing. And I'm happy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If I could marry a thread, I'd marry this one! :heart:

I'm saying that while eating DiGiorno Buffalo Style Chicken Pizza and washing it down with a Diet Dr Pepper. And my abs are pretty smokin', thankyouverymuch. :smile: