Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options

Replies

• HotChrissy
    HotChrissy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I received mine today!! I am still excited, no more stalking the FEDEX tracker. I'm glad it came today so I can go grocery shopping this weekend, read the materials, and start Monday. For the people who have the program, is there a grocery list for the main cookbook? I can't find one. I found a grocery list for the Kick-Start/metabolism cookbook, which I like because it gives you the quantities to buy for the week. But no grocery list for the main cookbook?

I hope I'm just overlooking it.
  • madpurrrple
    Options
    I finally got mine yesterday after ordering it on 2/2. Turns out the one i ordered on 2/2 never really was shipped. They did end up sending another one on 2/14 and im glad i got it yesterday. I started Work out #1 this am. Im not going along with the meal plan but i will be continueing to count calories and eat healthy. I am going to start with the 7 day kickstart your metabolism roatation calender tho. I normally go for 2-3 mile run 3 to 4 times a week at night so i might cut that down to a 1-2 mile run 2 to 3x week instead.

Thoughts on workout 1: It is definitely one of the easiest Jillian workouts i've done. Not to say that it wasn't at all challenging. Just wasn't as hard as her other fitness dvds. Normally I'm looking for a pause to grab some water or take a to catch my breathing. I still got a great calorie burn by adding in more weights to make it more challenging and jump squats instead of regular squats. Looking forward to getting home tonight to do cardio 1 tho.
  • friscoeohno
    Options
    I received mine today and am very excited to start on Monday! I'll be logging in here occasionally but will be mostly be tracking my progress at twitter.com/gogofitlo, if you care to follow :)

Good luck, everyone!

(X-posted in the JMBR Group forum)
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine on 2/8 and received it 2/16. This morning was my first day. Love it. The first workout is a lot like level 1 of the 30 day shred. The meal plan to me is unrealistic. Weird foods that no one in my house would eat, ie; Lox--what the hell is that anyway and just weird meals--spaghetti squash with shrimp???. I always eat pretty sensibly and will continue doing so. I do have the family biggest loser cookbook which is awesome and will be using some of those meals. I don't have a lot of weight to loose, just want to tone and burn a little fat. I think it will work just fine for what I'm looking to do. I'm starting with the kickstart, which adds cardio to the afternoon. I will keep everyone posted.

Spaghetti squash and shrimp sounds awesome! I just order mine on the 16th and my emails says 2-3 weeks. Too long, way too long. What does the journal look like?
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I received mine today!! I am still excited, no more stalking the FEDEX tracker. I'm glad it came today so I can go grocery shopping this weekend, read the materials, and start Monday. For the people who have the program, is there a grocery list for the main cookbook? I can't find one. I found a grocery list for the Kick-Start/metabolism cookbook, which I like because it gives you the quantities to buy for the week. But no grocery list for the main cookbook?

I hope I'm just overlooking it.

No there is no grocery list for the 90-day meal plan.
  • alliemosomillo
    Options
    Has anyone been doing the program without following her meal plan? If so, let me know how much weight you have lost so far!
  • CaptainSwab
    Options
    Just ordered this. I will not be following the meal Plan as I don't eat meat at all. I'm not looking to lose weight but to add more muscle definition and to firm up.
  • skinnycate85
    Options
    I ordered mine a few days ago and will be making Videos on YouTube to track my progress, so go ahead and friend me if you'd like to follow with me! xoxo
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Mine got here today! I looked over it a little but will really read through it tomorrow and start Monday! I'm so excited!
  • skinnycate85
    Options
    My blog about the Revolution!!

http://catesrevolution.blogspot.com/
  • ndbex
    ndbex Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 of Phase 1. I only lost one lb but I did have too much salt last night so that might have messed up my weigh-in today. I have not been following her meal plan. It's very Jillian: no processed foods, organic, all made from scratch. Some of the meals sound pretty good and I will try them eventually. But with a three month old baby, I don't have time to cook three meals a day like that.

If you watch the infomercial, they say you can lose up to a dress size in one week. That's only possible if you do the Kick Start plan which is about 1000-1200 calories a day plus the daily workout with the cardio added to it, which is about 60 mins of working out. No fruit allowed that week. I didn't double up the workouts or follow the meal plan so my slow weight loss isn't unexpected.

Knees: Jillian says the first two weeks are low impact and there will be more jumping later. That's a concern for me as I have knee problems too. Hopefully she will show modified moves when it reaches that stage. My knees do hurt but again, I have knee problems that most people don't have so my experience may be different.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I have before pictures and measurements but haven't posted them yet. I will do that in about three more weeks as I plan to update monthly shots and stats.
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I just completed the 7-Day Kickstart, with great results. I will be posting them on my blog today...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/phatsoslim. Today is Day 8 of 90...BRING IT ON...oh wait, been there, done that already this morning at 6:30am.
  • kitsrunner
    kitsrunner Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Just ordered mine, I'm going to do the shred until it comes :)
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine on 2/15 and it shipped on 2/17. The FedEx site shows that it is scheduled for delivery on 2/23 but it is already in Dallas. Hoping that by some chance it may get here before Thursday! I can't wait to get started. I have been doing 30 day shred for a week and love it. I can't wait to see how much I can lose on her 90 day program! Feel free to Friend me as I can use all the support I can get and love to give support in return.
  • abberz2804
    abberz2804 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did day one this morning. It seemed a lot easier than I remember the 30 day shred being. It was a lot more fun too, because I felt there was more of a switch up in what we did. I liked it a lot! I tried the greke yogurt this morning. It wasn't my favorite, but I got it down. I have the salmon salad waiting for me in the fridge. I didn't see where it said on the 7 day kickstart you had to do two workouts? Where did you see that? I want to do it right. :)
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the Body Revolution program. Today is day 1 for me. Feel free to add me as a friend. :-)
  • pkf5
    pkf5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started BR today, super pumped, can't wait to see how it works out!
  • jlohrei
    Options
    I'm thinking about buying body revolution but am a bit hesitant because of the price tag and the meal plan because I am a vegetarian (sometimes I eat fish and shrimp) so I'm wondering how the meal plan would work for me. Plus the only exercise I have been doing is walking on the treadmill for an hour, 5 days a week.. so I feel like I might be way too out of shape for this. I'm 5'3" and weigh 140lbs. I want to be able wear a bikini on vacation come June and am thinking this could be just what I need to get me there!
    I would love hear more of everyone's thoughts/reviews so far on body rev!
    Thanks!!! =)
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine yesterday! So excited!! I doubt I will be following the 1000-1200 calories per day. Too low energy for me. I finally started eating 1400/1500 cal a day (5-6 300-350 cal meals), not only do I have better energy, but the scale finally started moving.
    Make sure you find what is right for your body.

Good luck everyone, and feel free to add me!

Barbara
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I have ordered my copy of Jillian's newest workout program, Body Revolution. To my surprise they have processed the order twice and charge me twice. I will be sending the second copy back Return to Sender, unless I find someone else that wanted to purchase it. If you are from the Kitchener/Waterloo, ON Canada area and were thinking of ordering send me a message.

Now that that is out of the way. Who is going to be doing this workout. I can't wait to get my copy. I am almost done my second full round of the 30 Day Shred and I am SO looking forward to start the Revolution. I will be taking before pictures and measurements before I start. If you are planning on doing this and are serious about sticking with it through the 90 days, add me as a friend.

Until then...have fun with your workouts!

I've never heard of this program, but it sounds like something i'd like to try! I have done 30DS, Ri30, and Killer Buns and Thighs with JM, and she rocks! Thanks!

My bf is currently doing P90X, and he's doing great with it... but with my work schedule I don't have the time either, but 30-40 minutes a day is definitely doable!

I'll need to investigate this further. :happy:

Good luck with it OP. I'm in Milton... just East of you on the 401. Friend me if ya like... I'd love to know how you do with this program!