Jillian Michaels Body Revolution

Options

Replies

• chrisleone
    Options
    I ordered mine on 2/20, and still have not received a confirmation email....frustrating!

If you go to customerstatus.com and input your information, it will tell you when your products shipped out and the expected delivery date.

I took the advice and looked at the website i also ordered mine the 20th and it just says its processing and to allow 2-3 weeks so much for 7-10 days :( im a little bumbed was hoping to start first monday in March!

I'd give them a call, the number is in the "help" section of the website. Be forewarned that Customer Service is not terribly helpful, but every now and then you do get someone who knows what is going on and hurries the process along for you. I had to call 3 times and they finally got their posteriors in gear and got it out to me. They also refunded the shipping costs. If nothing else, it's worth a phone call. Heck it's an 800 number!

I ordered 2/19 (Sunday) and received it 2/24! I would call
  • chrisleone
    Options
    Keep in mind though that she often under-estimates how long a workout will be when she's talking about the workouts. For example in one of her dvds that has 2 levels that you can either do individually or back-to-back, she says things like 'if you're just in it for 30 minutes' when talking about doing just 1 level when in fact it really adds up to 45 minutes with the warm-up and cool down, or she'll say 'if you're in it for the full 60' (referring to doing both levels back-to-back) when in fact the entire 2-level workout plus warm-up and cool-down adds up to 80 minutes. And she refers to 30 Day Shred as a '20 minute workout' - it's 27 with warm/cool. Etc. So I'm skeptical of the timing until someone actually does it and times it. LOL

Previewed the videos when they arrive. They appear to be 30 min with warm up and cool down included! I was pleased because I too was frustrated with the 30 day shred toutting 20 min when it was actually 30.
  • sanifr
    sanifr Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • afrench799
    afrench799 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i finally got mine today after ordering on the 22nd, what happened was fedx was delevering it, but instead of them delervering to me, they sent it to the post office and waiting 2 more days for my regular mail delivery. duh lol cant wait to get started! Gl to everyone!
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Ordered mine today!! Can't wait!! Heard nothing but good things from you all!! :flowerforyou:
  • misslauren927
    misslauren927 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just completed the 2nd week of Body Revolution. I am approx 5'3 and between 135 to 140. I am currently doing turbofire with a hybrid of body revolution.

I have lost zero pounds in 2 weeks its seriously frustrating. I have kept my calories to approx 1400 to 1500 per day and have not cheated. Getting really discouraged.

I also found week 1 and 2 super easy and did the advance version of the exercises every time.

I dont want to stop doing it but I am not seeing the results on the scale i would like to
  • msbutterflystarr
    Options
    I just completed the 2nd week of Body Revolution. I am approx 5'3 and between 135 to 140. I am currently doing turbofire with a hybrid of body revolution.

I have lost zero pounds in 2 weeks its seriously frustrating. I have kept my calories to approx 1400 to 1500 per day and have not cheated. Getting really discouraged.

I also found week 1 and 2 super easy and did the advance version of the exercises every time.

I dont want to stop doing it but I am not seeing the results on the scale i would like to

Looks like you're consuming too many calories for your weight. I'm 160lbs and I consume about 1100 -1200 calories a day and I am seeing great results.
  • snlperdue93
    snlperdue93 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Looks like you're consuming too many calories for your weight. I'm 160lbs and I consume about 1100 -1200 calories a day and I am seeing great results.

I agree. If you are not seeing results on the scale, drop your calories to 1300 or even 1200 and you will see them. I did day 5 today (not weighing in till Tuesday) and I can already see a difference in my body and flexibility. When I first started this on Monday, I could not spread my legs and put my hands on the floor to stretch, but I can today! I can't wait to see what is happening by day 90!
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mine will be here Monday, and I'll be starting it Tuesday. I'll also continue doing my regular cardio and strength that I already do, just probably a little less.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

See... I'd say the opposite... if you are doing Turbo Fire and BR, then you are most likely burning off TONS of calories, and netting way under 1200, or even 1300. Your body might be holding onto everything you give it. Give it more food and the lbs might just start dropping off......

Have you measured yourself? The scales might not be moving, but the inches might be chaning...........
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Keep in mind though that she often under-estimates how long a workout will be when she's talking about the workouts. For example in one of her dvds that has 2 levels that you can either do individually or back-to-back, she says things like 'if you're just in it for 30 minutes' when talking about doing just 1 level when in fact it really adds up to 45 minutes with the warm-up and cool down, or she'll say 'if you're in it for the full 60' (referring to doing both levels back-to-back) when in fact the entire 2-level workout plus warm-up and cool-down adds up to 80 minutes. And she refers to 30 Day Shred as a '20 minute workout' - it's 27 with warm/cool. Etc. So I'm skeptical of the timing until someone actually does it and times it. LOL
    Haha! I've noticed she does that too! I'm expecting my Body Revolution this week and can' wait to try it :smile:
  • rcpayton
    rcpayton Posts: 90
    Options
    I want to order this DVD SO badly! Ive had pretty good success with her other DVD's and I know this will help me reach my target weight....about 15 lbs to go. I have found more success using her DVD's than spending time in the gym doing cardio (treadmill) and free weights. I just find her to be so motivating and scary too! My only reservation is the cost....

Maybe I should just go for it and order.....
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Kind of off-topic, but not too far. As a former Returns Processor, I hope you called ahead to be issued a Return Authorization Number. This would ensure you are credited for the item returned. Just hoping you don't get stuck in a debate as to whether they rec'd the duplicate order that you marked "Return To Sender."
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I was interested until I saw the price. I just can't drop $135 right now.

Exactly how I feel. Plus I'm pretty fussy so I might not like the meal plan.
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm looking to purchase my first home workout DVD, and I've been considering Jillian. I was thinking about the 30 Day Shred, but Body Revolution sounds awesome. Two questions: 1) I workout 5-6 days/week already and was looking for something to do on the days that I miss the gym. Can BR be done periodically rather than a daily schedule? 2) In BR does she use equipment (i.e., dumbells, bands, step, etc.)?
  • healthyamy2012
    Options
    I agree with Maddymama - I think you may want to try eating more if you're working out that much. Our bodies are pretty smart and will hold on to those pounds if it's not getting enough fuel.
  • shakaramwheeler
    Options
    WEEK TWO for me YAY!!!!!
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I'm looking to purchase my first home workout DVD, and I've been considering Jillian. I was thinking about the 30 Day Shred, but Body Revolution sounds awesome. Two questions: 1) I workout 5-6 days/week already and was looking for something to do on the days that I miss the gym. Can BR be done periodically rather than a daily schedule? 2) In BR does she use equipment (i.e., dumbells, bands, step, etc.)?

The way BR is set up is a 6 day a week, 30 minutes a day series, with Sunday being a rest day. I will tell you, I received mine last Wednesday, started Thursday (I'm not doing Kickstart). I thought I was going to die...not from the workout, but my quads!! In cardio 1, OMG, after you feel like you've used a leg press.

I'm so happy with this w/o! It has turned out to be a very intense, very muscle isolating w/o. I do enjoy cardio, so I may add in some extra cardio.
  • beachdiva2010
    beachdiva2010 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Oops, yes, you need dumbells for her videos. I'm using 3-5 lbs to start, but have 8-10 ready to go as well. You will receive a very nice resistance band with the set. I was hesitant when I first saw the price, but now I feel that it is well worth it!!
  • sethdphoto
    Options
    If you're interested in reading a guys perspective on Body Revolution, my blog can be found here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sethdphoto

Comments are always welcome.

Keep up the good work everyone, and keep pushing yourself. That burn should make you only want to go harder!