WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2012

Options

Replies

• determinedinAZ
    determinedinAZ Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    p.s. - I am getting lost in the length of this thread. Anyone else? Has there been any thought to starting a Women Ages 50+ Group? Just putting it out there ;)
    [/quote]

Yes I think it's a good idea...more room
  • brunsda
    Options
    p.s. - I am getting lost in the length of this thread. Anyone else? Has there been any thought to starting a Women Ages 50+ Group? Just putting it out there ;)

Yes I think it's a good idea...more room
    [/quote]

I thought maybe this thread was from a group. I kept looking for it and never did find the group. LOL. I agree that a group would be great!!
  • frogmama
    frogmama Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday all!

The sun is shining but it is still very cold and blustery out. I now have DD dog here while she is out of town for work this week. That makes it impossible for me to get outside for a walk with the dogs. Hers is a black lab and mine is a chocolate lab. They compete for attention and they both want to take the lead when walking. Since my only exercise allowed at this point by dr orders is walking, I think I will hit the mall tonight after dinner. I just find that soooo boring.

Earlier today I was looking at the thread "Find My Twin." Four pages and not one person was over 40. Lol. I know I am in the right place here. I guess that explains why I see so many different threads with folks commenting about losing so much weight so quickly and having goals that to me see unreachable. Most of them are in their 20's.

MacMadame- Hope your son is doing better. Sounds like change in Meds is working.
    'Nancy- I know people say not to weigh everyday, but I know that I have such ups and downs, apparently sometimes for no reason. As long as any ups go back down in a day or so, then I'm ok. Even on my official weigh in day, if I hit a low weight, I don't have the confidence that it will stay there. I don't count it for real until at least 3 days. So with that being said, hopefully your weight will go right back down again

shmogo- hope you finally get things worked out at the dentist

Just want to thank all of you ladies for being here!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Just popping in to say HI on a Sunny Monday (snowy in the mountains)

Weekend was up and down...but it's past so I won't dwell on it. Today starts a new week.

Everyone sounds really busy which I should be so will have to get back here tomorrow...when it will probably be part 2:wink:

Have a good day all, drink your water and let's get moving.:drinker:

Laura:smile:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning or afternoon.Surgery is set for wed at 11 am.pre-op testing in the am.
    Will glad to have this behind me.
    Want to get back working out.
    Have a good day!!
    HUGS
    jane
  • realpure
    realpure Posts: 156
    Options
    Okay...It is the day before Valentine's Day and it will be my FIRST valentine's day without chocolate or red wine. Scary:huh: However, I am on a good roll - I will stay go out to a restaurant with my sweetie but have a lean, healthy meal. Wish me luck!

Me too. Good luck!
  • ke1996
    Options
    I'd like to join too, I am a type 1 diabetic and have trouble with dieting
    especially at bedtime because my blood sugar always goes low Every
    night right at bedtime and I have to eat a snack. I know
    that's the worst thing a dieter can do. Anyone have trouble
    with this problem or on an insulin pump?
  • ke1996
    Options
    I'm new too and have just not wanted to get my weight
    under control but hate how I look now. I need to lose about
    30 pounds. :smile:
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Good morning or afternoon.Surgery is set for wed at 11 am.pre-op testing in the am.
    Have a good day!!
    HUGS
    jane

good luck jane....may you have a speedy recovery
  • mazie61
    mazie61 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Due to hurting knees, my goal is to find some sort of exercise routine that does not involve "pounding" the knees.
  • marlouise
    Options
    Hello ladies, I am just checking in, have taken some night time meds to get through this bronchitis and sinus thing. Eyes are drooping and I am yawning so I cannot see what I am typing. So I will bid you all a good night, wonderful sleep and happy day tomorrow.

Marilyn
  • scompton54
    Options
    good luck Jane!!

I don't really know what the differnce is between a group and a thread so can't comment
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Due to hurting knees, my goal is to find some sort of exercise routine that does not involve "pounding" the knees.

biking might help....good luck
  • sarily44
    Options
    I am new.. sort of. I had a hard time starting. Now I am really focused. I started on my goal of giving up diet Coke for February.. Three days in and doing ok. I had a horrendous headache the first night. I'd like to lose 8 pounds by the end of the month, and since I just started, that might happen.

15941277.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • westernjoy
    westernjoy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Have a good day!!
    HUGS
    jane
    Wishing a speedy recovery after your surgery.
    Joyce
  • megathome111
    megathome111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies...
    Nancy...I am feeling your pain...I was up 2 lbs from yesterday, and I was really good with my calories yesterday...Guess that's what I get for weighing every single day. Jeesh.

I ended my day today 350 calories under my MFP calories of 1200 and got scolded by the "If you" mantra...But...I was right at my WW point total...so I don't know if I should just go with one and drop the other...but as Marcelyn said...veggies & fruit do have calories...so this is actually more accurate. Linda you have some great points to share. Tomorrow is Weigh-in #2 for WW, so will see what comes of it.

Took a very brisk 30 minute walk with a gal who has been joining me at work each day. She's a runner...so she pushes me, which is exactly what I need...but... I just am not fond of "glistening" when I still have a half day of work to get through.

Barbie...those babies of yours could guilt anyone into a walk...they are gorgeous.

Nancy...the company I work for (Michelin) has many Canadian folks living here in SC and they have a curling club. I've heard from friends that have gone that it is a tremendous amount of fun.

Good Luck Jane with your surgery

I am exhausted tonight for some reason, so I think I will head off for my nightcap of reading before it's sleepy time.
    :yawn:
    Have a great evening ladies!
    MEG
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,394 Member
    Options
    zumbaln - "4 hours of cardiac"????? Thanks for the smile....

Joyce - hope you feel better fast

MacMadame - you're in my thoughts. Sounds like you got the best right now for your son.

I made these brownies for Vince. Actually, they're quite good. However, I really don't need them. So I put a bag of dried apricots right next to the dish where the brownies are. So whenever I'm tempted (which already happened once today) to have a small piece of brownie, I see those apricots and have them instead.

Welcome toodletoo, you've come to the right place for support! Welcome Rebe and ke1996

I could kick myself in the backside! I take an extremepump class, kind of like Body Pump. Anyway, we'll be going away and I know they have Body Pump-like eqipment down there. I was going to borrow a recording device from a friend, but first I needed to find out if Vince had a blank tape that I could use. I totally forgot to call him back to tell him Vince had a tape! The class was at 9 this morning, the instructor said she wouldn't mind if I taped the class. And I totally forgot! Oh well....it's not the end of the world, that's for sure. Not like I haven't gone a week or so without, so....

I decided to try this tai chi tape that I have. It's only 30 minutes. I like it, not a lot of movement so that maybe something I can take to the condo. Anyway, there's a problem with pixelization, don't know if it's too late for me to return the DVD or not. If it is, I can live with the problem. Then I took the extremepump class but only stayed for around 50 minutes. Then I had the reclast infusion. It just takes so long, by the time they do the bloodwork etc. The actual infusion is only like 15 minutes, but it just takes so long to get the blood work done. The thing is...if I go earlier (like a week or two) and get it done, they'll have to charge me the copay for that day and for the day of the infusion. OK, in some respects I'm a cheapskate.

Donna - Do you have the barbells for the Les Mill tapes? There was talk a while ago about making this thread a group, but as I recall the consensus was to keep it the way it is. I know that for me, I put lots of different topics into one post.

Does anyone roast parsnips? Do they get sweeter when you roast them? I think I had them once a while ago raw, and I thought they were somewhat bland. But I read just today in Prevention that roasting brings out the sweetness supposedly, does it?

Tonight there's some sort of fitness meeting that I'd like to go to. Will be nice to meet others who are interested in fitness in this area, even IF there are so few of us.

Yesterday I made some banana chocolate chip muffins. I have some ginger cookies made just in case, but I have them in the back of the freezer and the muffins in front. Earlier today I was going to have a cookie, but then had 1/2 of the muffin. Yea me!

mazie - what about water aerobics? If you do it in the deep end, there is absolutely no pounding on your knees. There may be a bit in the shallow end.

Well, off for a shower, then beddybye. Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • kleinbuenstorf
    Options
    Hello everyone!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Had a great weekend and stayed within my calorie range!!! :smile:
    Enjoyed getting together with friends on Saturday and learned from a German friend how to bake Bavarian Strudel!!! :happy:
    It was yummy!!! Kept my food light on that day so I could savour a nice piece and have some wine, too!!! :drinker:
    Today back on track !!! :wink:

Enjoy a relaxing evening!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Desiree
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Last post for this section (500). Groups vs. Thread vs. Forum vs. Topic. They are all the same thing.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Whew, Monday's about over. Did good, hope everyone else did, too.

:^) jb