WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2012

Options

Replies

• smarinowilson
    smarinowilson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi everyone hope everyone had a nice valentine's day.starting may 23 and lost 28 lbs.Haven't lost any weight since November.I Had widows blues I guess.back on track.Reading all your comments and achievement give me motivations.Thanks everyone and keep up the wonderful work.God Bless
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I too get lost with so many posts to catch up on and have asked about forming a group in the past. Its one of the reasons I don't participate in the thread more. I feel guilty for not having the time to read and reply to everyone! But the general consensus is that the majority doesn't want a group; just us few.
    I belong to two groups, so I'm not unaware of how a group functions.......so my question is, "How would being a group, make the number of posts to catch up on, any fewer or easier to navigate?"

you are all so important to me.......my life is better for knowing and interacting with you :heart: :heart: :heart:

Mostly it would eliminate the need to find a new thread each month because we would always be found by clicking on the group button on the community tab. Maybe it wouldn't be any easier to catch up on posts, but it SOUNDS like it would to me. I've been searching through groups off and on for weeks trying to find a fit (which I haven't) and it looks like within each group there are threads like intros, exercise challenges, recipes, physical concerns, etc so you can choose to read and respond to that particular topic. Maybe my frustration comes from being a bit anal about categorizing everything in my life... :ohwell:

That said, I have yet to find a group that I identify with like I do you ladies, so until or unless Barbie turns this thread into a group, I am here to stay. Here's the original MFP link from back in November encouraging ongoing lengthy threads to migrate to groups: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/mike/view/new-feature-groups-167340

:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:

Many, many years ago we began the tradition of celebrating Valentines Day at home. Clean eating hasn't changed anything but the menu and the decadence of the dessert. Last night I sat the table with a lace cloth, flowers, candles and red dishes and we had a lovely baked chicken and green salad with chocolate zucchini bread for dessert. Then the kitchen became our dance floor and we slow danced by candlelight. It was my first time to make the bread and it turned out a bit dry so I will be tweaking that in the coming weeks to try to fix that problem.

I did more workout-wise yesterday than I have since I hurt my back with no ill effect and it felt SO GOOD! All our snow has melted and temps are supposed to be in the high 60s today so I'm planning on walking the girls for the first time in weeks. Sunshine and fresh air have always been a great motivator for me. So maybe I can get that scale moving again :wink:
  • Cando055
    Cando055 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Wow, I lost you all for a day. Happy belated Valentine's Day. We had a special dinner at our yacht club, where I drank 2 glasses of wine and ate the fixed three-course meal with attention. It was a lovely evening.
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Wednesday! :happy:

It’s a school ski day today, the last of our activity days for the season. I don’t have to ride the bus :drinker: and I am taking J’boy with me because he’s still caught up on his math. It should be a fun day.

There was a ton of candy at school yesterday and lots of other treats. I kept it down to 1 cookie (applause, please). The senior students organized a cake walk as a fund raiser for their year-end trip, families went over the top making fantastic creations for the event. It was a great success and there were five winners in my group. The classroom smelling like icing all afternoon. :huh:

My scale is down a pound from this day last week :happy: but given recent fluctuations I'm not recording the loss until it's maintained for a few days.

Good work on the loss, Faye. :flowerforyou: I hope your DH enjoyed his heart shaped cookie.

Marcelynh, there are no Mexican restaurants in my town, not even a Taco Bell. :bigsmile: You can eat Indonesian, though.

Jane, wishing you a quick recovery. :flowerforyou:

Bevsdietfor20…Have fun on that new treadmill.

Blissfuldrake: A new start everyday, here’s hoping you find you cards and driver’s license.

SuzieQ your Valentine’s :heart: evening sounds lovely.

Must run and get ready for skiing,

Hasta pronto,

Nancy
  • seaglass2
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

Just my 2 cents since I was the one who originally threw it out there about starting a group.

Today I had a hard time finding this thread. I found the first part of it and linked over to this one.

It would be easier just to pop over to a group and have a daily check in thread and other threads that could be topical if someone has something they want to chat about or are looking for advice.

I am glad I found this thread because some of the other threads here get really snarky when a question is asked or you are just altogether ignored. I like the vibe here. Thanks again Barbiecat for keeping things going.

Donna
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I belong to groups but i find it hard to keep up with the side posts. By using "My Topics" all the time I have no trouble finding us because if the thread closes I always go to the last post and click on the follow link. it is easy. with groups people start new threads in them and I don't see them because I always just use "my topics" I would like us to stay the same on this thread but like I said I belong to other groups as well so whatever is decided.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day.
    Woke up to a sore throat.have to see dr at 10 to see if he is gonna postpone it.
    Have a good one
    jane
  • MimiofSeven
    MimiofSeven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So Funny sounds like me lol.. ya stick to one scale, the one at home. Doctors scales are off & we have more clothes on lol. On weeks I eat at Taco Bell I loose weight, but I only get the Crunchy Taco Supreams for lunch there. Think I'll go there today :)
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day. My body is telling me I haven't been good about exercising this week, My back is starting to get stiff and I need to get that motivation, once I get home I need to change and JUST DO IT. I specifically didn't join a gym so I would be able to do this at home, so tonite is a new nite will do SOMETHING, be it wii, or eliptical.

Good work ladies

Sherry
  • dtucker3800
    dtucker3800 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm in another one of those 'stalls' where increasing your exercise just doesn't seem to do any good. Every time I hit that plateau it's so frustrating.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]8952016.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Chiming in so I can find this thread again! Cool!
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,517 Member
    Options
    Good morning dear ladies.
    Way behind in posts, spending time on mat instead of at computer, BUT...
    Must find a way to keep in touch, to help guard against mindless indulgences like last night, so...
    BUMP :bigsmile:
  • SueScott5plus
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I finally broke out of the 300's. Good weight loss this week. I've been to busy to eat, which has never happened before. I'd like things to slow down some though. Have a great day everyone.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh it's Wednesday already and boy am I glad yesterday is overwith. It was just like another weekend day and I continued on with weekend-style eating. Too. Much. Food. Not sure what happens sometimes - but lately I've been a little out of control. Been a good 'lil exerciser, though, and happy about that, but today I have simply got to find the too-much-food switch and put it in the OFF position. It's there somewhere, I've had to search for it a hundred times over the past year and have always managed to find it, usually buried deep within in the addiction portion of my noggin. It's been stuck in the ON position for a week or more.

This morning I must rethink, regroup, and return to the process of losing pounds.
    1) Don't eat until you feel hungry - true, physical hunger, not to be confused with mental or emotional hunger. Smaller meals!
    2) Plan meals and log them first thing in the morning. Salad Sista salads for lunch!
    3) Get off your butt at 7:00 AM and go walk the track.

Oops, it's 10 after. Still in my robe. Gotta scoot! Good day, everyone.

:^) jb
  • msh0530
    msh0530 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say good morning! I called in to take the day off of work to stay with my 3 year old grandson who is under the weather, so I had better go tend to him. Have a great day!
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Yeah for Wednesday,

Yesterday I was in the middle of my posting when our electric went off here at the office,:sad: I'd only been here one hour and of course I lost my post...We could see the workers out our windows digging so the boss went out to ask about it and they said 3-4 hrs, he called the electric company and they said we should have gotten a notice call the night before (we didn't) and she said it should only be 2 hrs....long story short by 2:30 it was still off so I went home.:drinker:

During the time if was off, my bookkeeper and I went to my house to pick up some software for her to take home, then when we got back we decided to go to lunch....bad...bad...bad:grumble:

With hubby not working we decided we would have taco's for dinner (3 for .99 @ Del Taco on Tuesdays) but I'm sure it was the chocolate covered strawberries that I made for hubby that I had to have that sent me over....but that was yesterday...TODAY IS A NEW DAY:bigsmile: I guess I could say the only good thing being I did get in a good workout since I was home early:wink:

Blissfuldrake- your post gave me a LOL:laugh: moment.

Congrats to those of you that have lost, I stayed the same from last week and hoping for better this week. Let's all keep drinking our water and get up and get moving.

Have a great day.

Laura:smile:
  • sthrnspirit
    Options
    'bookmark'

Hi everyone! Be back.

Make it a great day :flowerforyou:
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Whew, Monday's about over. Did good, hope everyone else did, too.

:^) jb
    Please, someone start a group for us. It will make it so much easier to find and post on different topics concerning our age group. If there are no takers I will try as soon as I can get a break. Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day.
  • justplainoleanne
    justplainoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that you could mark a place here. I've found ou guys and lost you many times. I'm like several others, I fit here, I think.
  • AHealthierSuzyQ
    Options
    I didn't realize that you could mark a place here. I've found you guys and lost you many times. I'm like several others, I fit here, I think.

Ditto. The main reason I like the idea of a group. I wouldn't have to look for the thread every month.
    Please, someone start a group for us. It will make it so much easier to find and post on different topics concerning our age group. If there are no takers I will try as soon as I can get a break. Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Please be sure to post the link here if you do, so all interested can find it!