Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!! Take 2!

Options
Hey FABULOUS 20-somethings! Back again with yet another monthly challenge... The 17th (!!) installment! Can you believe we've come this far together :wink: And it still feels like such a honeymoon each and every day :bigsmile:

This will be a quick intro for those looking for a new challenge and wanting to stick it out for at least a month. For those who are vets to our monthly challenges, you know how its done. Scroll down to the bottom, check out your Dec goals, and start kickin' some *kitten* !
:bigsmile:

For the newbs - Welcome! Here's the 'skinny' on our healthy living and lifestyle challenge...

As with the 16 challenges that have come before, this is a place where MFPals in their 20s can search out support, motivation, and advice while they are working towards their own personal goals. You're encouraged to set your own targets based on what is important to you and what challenges you face that you hope to overcome - set out goals for the month, make them attainable, and then just keep coming back to update us on your progress, help motivate others, and kick some serious *kitten*!! This group is home to Pals at all stages in their journey and there is plenty of advice, friendship and *love* to go around - If you have any questions or just need help getting moving, or you're a total veteran at this whole healthy living thing, you're welcome here! Just post whatever you like, show some support when you can, and enjoy the group :flowerforyou:

Here's what we ask:

1) As our veteran members (and newbs alike) sign onto the challenge once again, a list like the one found at the bottom of this post will start forming. This is our “goals list”. If you want to join the challenge, we ask that you copy and paste the most up-to-date list and tag your own screen name and goals onto the bottom – this is so that we can keep things moving along and no one gets left behind! (If you notice that someone's been left off, due to a high volume of posting, please incorporate their goals back into the list whenever possible.)
2) Set attainable and realistic goals! This group is dedicated to supporting healthy living, first and foremost, and that includes physical, emotional and mental health. So set goals that you know you can reach, with hard work and persistence, and find ways to celebrate small victories whenever you can. This will help you stay motivated and on track! We recommend setting some non-scale goals along with a scale goal if you are trying to lose weight – seeing progress in your fitness, your measurements and your diet is a great way to celebrate small changes in your life that make a HUGE difference. Be flexible, know that things aren't going to go perfectly as planned every day, and allow some wiggle room for a bad day here and there. We all have them!
3) Once your goals are posted, stay active and enjoy the benefits of this awesome community. Oh, and invite your 20-something friends! Let's keep this group moving, ladies!

Now for our January re-cap... January is always a hectic and busy month for those of us wanting to get back on track and set the bar for the new year and what we hope to achieve. We all set some some pretty awesome goals - listed below for ease of reference - so how did you do? How does your progress stack up? What goals are you going to revisit in February and what did you pursue or achieve that you had not set out to accomplish at the beginning of the month? Let's hear it all!
Abby459 - Run 100 miles in January. Find a 1/2 marathon training plan and actually stick to it!! And for my weight, I guess I would like to be under 135 by the months end!!
Corbinam - to complete the 30 day shred (which i started today), to drink very little pop (maybe even none at all), and keep logging my food and exercise here on MFP!!!
ChocChipMuffin - keep logging my food and exercise on MFP, start and regularly go to pilates and yoga classes again, keep remembering to take vitamins (I always forget)
Boolahboo- run 3 times a week, and complete the 30 day shred!
SeeEmRun2012- maintain a consistent healthy eating pattern, loose one jean size before summer vacation, and run at least once a week (on top of working out 4 days a week)
Meagalayne- Complete 5 weeks of training for the ATB 30K race, running at least 3x week with long runs on Saturday up to 11 miles, lift weights 2x a week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays, stop binging on holidays treats to cope with stress at work, and finish the novel I started in NOLA.
lalonmeg000 (meg or meghan) - water, water, water! starting that Insanity, 6 days a week :), pack my lunches throughout the week! clean out my car every sunday
tiffterry- run 2-3 times a week, add some yoga, go to bed a half hour earlier, and go for evening walks.
missjessicann - Get out of the 150's, stick to month 1 schedule of Insanity, drink enough water, and getting into bed by 1am.
missgolightly727(Emily) - Lose 5 pounds(which will FINALLY put me into the 150s!), run twice a week(lets try that again...), try something new, no sodas, post on this board more!!
jlrushton12- Lose at least 5lbs, try (and stick to) 30 Day Shred, limit sugar (except from fruits), burn more calories than in December.
mrswhitehair-Complete the 30 Day Shred, be able to complete the video with no stops & non-modified pushups! Limit pop intake (after I get into the swing of things with student teaching this month, I will set more challenging goals next month!!)
nicalillo - work out twice a week and for weight somewhere below 120
GuamGrly (Bethany) - Plan, plan, plan!! Plan my meals for the week! Drink my water everyday! Get in as many workouts as my life will allow. Stay on track! Keep reading!!
naoblue - log all food and exercise on MFP & to make sure to stretch after each workout
Jessie544- log all my food/excercise on MFP, lose at least 10 lbs, stick to cardio classes I've registered for at the gym....
npryor100- do not eat 2-3 hours before bed, say 'no' to processed foods and desserts, complete weight/circuit training at least 3 days a week
GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Train for my 1/2 marathon (March17th), continue weight training 3xs/week if possible fit in some stairs (hill) or other random workouts (hiking, mt. biking), keep hydrating properly, eat more protein, sleep more, give myself a full R&R day! Be more positive in my daily life/work life! Lose 2 pounds or lose some inches overall!
USNGirlMel- Start working out more often, no late night binge eating, get into marathons! Lose 15 lbs. Plan my meals..... but i need friends and encouragement!!:)
YLopez04 Continue to log every day on MFP, run 5 miles non stop out door, sign up for my first 5k!!!
ladyjoie - log all my food in MFP, eat more fruit and veg, go on my crosstrainer 3x a week, lose 7lbs this month, do yoga or pilates twice a week.
Maridelsol82-Drink at least 10 cups of water a day & exercise everyday. Even if its just a walk.
mkingraham (Megan)- Actually hit up the gym, stretch everyday, eat healthier
DDBeard - Workout (Zumba/Cardio/weights) at least 5 times a week. Do not exceed my calorie count 1 day. Eat fresh veg/fruits at least 2 times a day (just getting started and not a fruit/veggie person so this is a challenge for me). Survive my best friend destignation wedding weekend without breaking my diet (Jan 28)
Ninjalis- workout 3-4 times a week consistently, logging food intake everyday and trying to maintain less than 1500 cals.
stacyann1001 - cardio 3 times a week, yoga 1 time a week, learn how to use weights (dont laugh, i have no clue what to do with them), no cheese snacking while home!!!!! (this is my weakness, my most favorite food, i could sit on the couch and eat a pound of cheese and a box of crackers every night), be more positive mentally and emotionally and learn to appreciate my natural flaws
PattyCake123- Workout on my off days from work as well as the days I only work 8 hour shifts. Plan my grocery shoping before I go. loose 4 lbs and get into one-derland (I'm 1.2 lbs away). Stay well hydrated, especially at work. Log all of my food and exercise daily. Maintain not eating fast food or drinking soda.
Wrightstuff0- lose 5 pounds and to workout 3 times a week and start zumba class at my gym.
Lindz625- Stick to my daily calorie goal. Exercise at least 5 times a week.
AJones1021 - Pre-plan and pack my lunch every day for work. Log my food/exercise in to MFP every day! Continue to take Zumba/belly dancing class 2x a week at the gym.
Leela 30 - weight train 3-4 times a week
Miss_magzy - work out 4 times a week, get out of the 170s and into the 160s, drink lots of water and NO SODA
LisaJuliette: burn 7000kcal a week. be 74kgs by end of Jan (79kgs now)
maru84- Log my food every single day, even if I go over. Increase calorie awareness. Continue the steady decrease I've been seeing! (In the long term--> stick to my calorie goal with a little wiggle room for a cheat date night on Friday nights, and then increase my activity to make up for those extra calories on that cheat night!)
cassandralutz- loose 5lbs and work out 3 times a week for at eat 30mins a day
asbelle- Attend pilates classes once a week at my school's gym; Loose 2 pounds before the month's end; be able to run 3 miles on the treadmill (I ran all the time in high school).; do 3 outdoor sports (I live where it is cold and snowy) before January is gone; Limits my desserts to 3 a week in the cafeteria.
lilieslosinit- Workout 9 times in 11 remaining days; Below 165lbs.
bunsofsteele77 - Exercise everyday for the next nine days and increase my protein intake.
neat0 - Increase protein intake, look into joining into a class and manage to run 5k at 10kph

Now it's that time again - A fresh start, a new month, and time to re-visit our goals and figure out what February is going to look lie this year! Remember - each month (day, week, month, year, etc) is exactly what you make of it. Set goals for yourself and make them attainable, but remember that you will get from this month what you put into it and that setting expectations on what you will and can achieve and working towards them every day will help to make your journey that much more fulfilling. So challenge yourself this short month! You've got 4 weeks - Make them count! :bigsmile:

Much love, best of luck, and kick some *kitten* Pals! Let the goal-writing begin! :drinker:
-Meag

Replies

• allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Been out of this group for a while, but I'm making my return! I miss all the updates with everyone! ok so my goals for Feb:

Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
  • skreal89
    Options
    Been searching for a 20 something group and happy I found it in my first week participating in the online community!!

Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
  • Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    New here... Glad to be part of a 20-something group :)

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yay I'm pretty new to MFP and super excited about this!

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
  • jnbud2002
    Options
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
  • adam4life
    Options
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Some fabulous goals already pals! Love the creativity :bigsmile: I've got a hellish day today and loads to do before hitting the road to work, so I will update with my own progress and goals later tonight...

Been up since 5am and already hit the gym for some cross training and a little lifting. Not a bad workout in 50 minutes flat. When that's all the time I've got, that's just how it's gotta be!

Adam - HOW do you have time for all that exercising? Geez! Talk about lofty/crazy goals. Make sure you're taking time to recover. Overtraining --> injury faster than you know :wink:

Welcome to all the other newbs :flowerforyou: Where are my VETS at?!?! Post your goals, ladies! We need ya back!

Allie - Happy to have your return on the thread, lady :bigsmile: Great goals and I know you'll smash your 1/2!
    Skreal - GREAT goals! Eating all your target calories and not living a life of deprivation is SO the way to go! I've lost about 75lbs and have kept it off with that attitude. Starving yourself is both unnecessary and totally cruel. If you burn 'em, you've earned em, and your body needs the calories to fuel your awesome workouts!

Eek - Better run. Have a great Feb 1st Pals! :heart:
  • kaitthegr8t
    kaitthegr8t Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
  • strunkm4
    strunkm4 Posts: 266
    Options
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    hey guys and gals! i'm back! sorry i went missing for a while. with the holidays and vacations and whatnot, things were hectic. i'm going to try my best to participate in this thread more this month! you all are such a great support community. i'm excited to catch you with you all! :)

~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Morning be back on later tonight
  • stacyann1001
    stacyann1001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello twenty year olds with goals!!! So happy to have this motivating group... I did well last month with my goals and impressed myself.... but goals need to change just as we all do so here is to a fresh start and an amazingly healthy February!!!

~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    My goal from January was:
    Abby459 - Run 100 miles in January. Find a 1/2 marathon training plan and actually stick to it!! And for my weight, I guess I would like to be under 135 by the months end!!

I did make my 100 mile goal!!! Finishing the month with 100.5 miles run, if counting elliptical and one bike ride, I completed 125.75 miles in all last month!! I am very happy with that!! I did find a training plan and stuck to it 95% of the time, with only changing rest days when I was hurting. I did not get to 135 :( I am currently at 136.9lbs. Hoping to still get under 135 by vacation time though!!

~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Happy February Everyone! My goals for this month are going to be much of the same as last month

Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I hadn't written an official goal for January, but I shed my Christmas/vacation weight and got started again running, conditioning and soccer, so I feel okay about the new year.

~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ eleanoreb- El- rack up the running miles
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Alright February.. Bring it on. All those chocolate hearts won't weigh us down.

~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
  • Maridelsol82
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My january goal was to: Maridelsol82-Drink at least 10 cups of water a day & exercise everyday. Even if its just a walk.
    I’ve met and will continue to drink at least10 cups of water a day. I wasn’t able to work out every day because I got really sick in early January and then when I felt better I over did it & injured myself :( I stayed under my cals even though I was sick & injured so still lost weight YAY!

Heres my new goal:

~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)