Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Meg - Yes! I had a 1/2 Marathon planned for Feb 26th, but unfortunately it's been cancelled due to the untimely death of the race director. He died of a heart attack while out for a morning run :ohwell: Scary! He was so damn fit and healthy - Goes to show it can happen to anyone! After that, I've got a 5K race planned Mar 10, 2012 and my big 30K race planned for Mar 25, 2012 :bigsmile: Thanks for asking! as for protein powder - I love it! It's not for everyone but it's a great way to bump up your protein and calorie intake if you workout a lot and need the extra calories... I don't have any brand loyalty though. Any whey isolate with good macros that mixes well is fine by me. I usually get the stuff at Costco because it's cheap(er) and it's got pretty good stats. To each his own!

Guam - Woot woot! Welcome back girlie! :drinker: Good luck with all the packing. I know how hectic it can be but you'll kill it this month, regardless. You always do ! :happy:

I think some folks have been dropped off the list, so here's an up-to-date goals list... If you got left out, somewhere, please add yourself back in!

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ eleanoreb- El- rack up the running miles
    ~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)
    ~Jessie544- get below "lowest weight" (since I've been dieting) which is 175 (current weight 184.8) AKA lose 10 lbs, continue going to cardio classes and maybe try zumba (big maybe cuz they charge $11 a class!)
    ~Cassi_Eats_Apples- Knock off 5 pounds this month, try a Zumba or Aqua Zumba class. Do more strength training.
    ~Shannonaufman - Eat 1200 net calories; Drink 64 ounces of water on weekdays, 32 on weekends; exercise for 1000 minutes; burn 10000 calories; walk/run 30 miles this month. I wouldn't be devastated if I saw 161 on the scale at the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!
    ~Meagalayne- Complete 4 more weeks of ATB training (modified for my travel schedule) including a long run up to 14miles; weight train 2x per week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays; Try hot yoga; No weigh-ins after Feb 3rd until post ATB; allow myself to indulge while in Austin, but not to completely derail my progress with food and emotional eating; Start/Finish another novel on vacation.
    ~jublum- workout 4-5 days a week. each of those days include cardio, but each day i need to incorporate 15-20 of strength training which I have been lacking in. Also, to stay on tracking and meet my calorie goal everyday!
    ~lalonmeg000 (meghan) Finish up Insanity, only 4.5 more weeks! Continue eating healthy by grocery shopping 1x/week so I can get fresh fruits and veggies. Do 1 thing this month that is fun, for me just because I am worth it (ie, a new shirt, a pedi, massage etc)
    ~KCrandi-I'd like to fit into size 10 Jeans. BUT the goal I'm setting is to Work out atleast once everyday, as well as drink atleast 8 glasses of water/day.
    ~btor- My goals for this month are to not drink pop, work out a minimum of 5 days a week for an hour each time, and to eat more veggies!
    ~Stylistntenn - My goals this month: to lose 7 lbs, to keep increasing my exercise and treadmill time as I get in better shape, also decrease my diet soda intake and up my water. :) Good luck to everyone!
    ~Alcavin08-My goals for this month are to drink at least 8 glasses of water 7 days a week, be more active, eat more fruits and veggies, and be down in the mid 170's by the end of this month.
    ~clairification-Complete the 30 Day Shred, work out on breaks at work, eat more raw foods and remember to take my vitamins!
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    ~CaliAliLouise- stick to my meal plan for the month, only eat out twice this month, work-out 6 days a week and get below 175!
    ~Twisted88- My goals for this month are to be under 225 by month's end, to workout at least 5 times a week, and to start bringing my dinner with me Tuesday-Thursday when I have class in the evening (10 out of 13 potential times if possible).

CaliAli / Twisted - Welcome! Great goals :bigsmile:

Adam - Training for any major event can be a total time sink and can take over your personal life... I really hope you are finding a good balance. I LOVE training, almost too much, and know that it can be tough to find a healthy mix of living your life and training hard to race your best. Without the former, you can quickly become one over-trained and totally cranky athlete. As long as you're happy, then keep it up! Just make sure you're body is happy as well :bigsmile:

Hot yoga tonight was INTENSE. Holy smokes! I don't think it'll become a regular thing, but it was a really great experience and I will go back at least a few more times to give it another shot. I definitely sweat like crazy! :blushing: Anyone else enjoy hot yoga? What sort of workouts do you guys prefer? :huh: Inquiring minds want to know!
  • shannonaufman
    Options
    For me: life is pretty good. I have been consistently losing 0.5 pounds per week since the year started, and I'm hoping that continues! I've got a really good exercise routine going right now, and I'm really excited and motivated for this year. I'm in a really good place right now. Also, I went to Old Navy to try on jeans tonight (I had a gift card) and I fit into a size 10 pair of jeans! I have never in my adult life fit into a pair of size 10 jeans. I was thrilled!! :happy:

As for y'all:
    Meag – Thank you for inviting me and welcoming me back to the challenge! I am glad to be back. I love that you’re training for a 30K. There aren’t many races at that distance down here. Memphis in particular is very stuck in US measurement! Are you planning on working up to a full marathon? Also – how is your foot doing? I know you were having some troubles with it before.

Meg – I hate that you were in a wreck! I am petrified of being in a wreck – those injuries seem to last forever! Do you like Insanity? I’m mostly petrified of those workouts – P90X, Power90, etc. I did P90X for one day and I was so unbearably sore that it hurt to lift my arms to put on deodorant! Haha.

Twisted – I see one of your goals is to pack dinner when you have evening classes. Something that has helped me with bringing meals (one of my goals was to bring lunch to work every day in January, which I did!) is I cook all of my lunches on Sundays. I don’t know if you have access to a microwave, but I make a big ‘ol batch of a few things on Sundays and refrigerate/freeze them and microwave them each day. That way I don’t have any additional stress on weeknights! I make things like soups, chili, low-cal lasagnas, and pulled chicken for barbecue sandwiches. Almost everything I make goes in the crock pot, so they’re super easy for Sundays. Let me know if you want some recipes!

Adam – When is your Ironman? Amazing job training for such an intense competition!

Clairification – I have done 30DS, too. Not in a 30 day span, I would usually do it on days I didn’t run or go to Zumba, as a filler. Jillian will kick your a$s! She’s intense! Good luck with finishing it! I have started jogging on my lunch break at work. I thought it was going to be awful – I thought I was going to be sweaty and funky all afternoon, but it has been awesome! I’m in a better mood after I jog, it makes my afternoons go by so much faster, and getting my exercise out of the way gives me more time in the evenings to chill! It’s great and I highly recommend it!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    be back on tomorrow NO ENERGY left!!
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Twisted – I see one of your goals is to pack dinner when you have evening classes. Something that has helped me with bringing meals (one of my goals was to bring lunch to work every day in January, which I did!) is I cook all of my lunches on Sundays. I don’t know if you have access to a microwave, but I make a big ‘ol batch of a few things on Sundays and refrigerate/freeze them and microwave them each day. That way I don’t have any additional stress on weeknights! I make things like soups, chili, low-cal lasagnas, and pulled chicken for barbecue sandwiches. Almost everything I make goes in the crock pot, so they’re super easy for Sundays. Let me know if you want some recipes!

I have access to a microwave at work, but I leave at 4pm and my class isn't until 6 or 7pm depending on the day (hence why I have planned to work out those days if at all possible). I also take my lunch late, around 12:30 or so, so generally I don't want to eat as I'm driving to class (and it's not a habit that I want to utilize very often). I'm planning on making meal replacement smoothies for those nights (or something that is easy to eat between the gym and class). I'm always looking for recipes though. I love to cook. Thank you so much. (Feel free to add me or message me if you'd like.)
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Went on date number two tonight - went great again. I feel like we're able to talk about the stupidest things, and having fun while we're doing it. We went and had a few sample glasses at a brewery here in town. Afterwards we walked to a restaurant- I had half a chicken breast and veggies with an appletini. It really was great. We are already talking about date number three next week.

Working out has been going well. 3 times so far this week. Going home tomorrow via train for the weekend, so I don't know if I'll be able to get to go to the gym or not. Going to try for it. Superbowl is coming up as well - Pats and commercials, looking forwards to it.

Read over everyone's posts.. And it really sounds like all of you are pushing this hard. Keep up the kickass work.

- Emily
  • adam4life
    Options
    Meg- My declared major is computer science at the moment but I might switch to something that supports my new lifestyle. I originally picked CS because I grew up on computers and that addiction led to my weight gain. I might now go towards something in nutrition or fitness or something along those lines.

Shannon- November 18th, 2012 Tempe, AZ
  • meagalayne
    Options
    For those of you who are new-ish to the challenges, let it be known that sharing great recipe/eating tips, meal planning ideas, workouts, or anything that makes this journey easier is definitely welcome! Feel free to post whatever you like! I post a lot of recipes and workout ideas from time to time or tips on eating in season, budgeting to eat healthy within your means, eating on the road, etc. I pack all my meals pretty well every day and can offer up a ton of suggestions!

If you have any questions at all or you're struggling with something but pose a question and you're bound to get all sorts of great ideas on here! :bigsmile:

Speaking of which, let's start up the Question of the Day again! First person to post a question every day gets the honour, I think :wink:

QOTD - What's your favourite GO-TO workout when you're stressed-out and need to decompress or short on time and just need a quick dirty workout?

Mine is a fast tempo run, speeding up as I cover my miles. I love the feeling of pushing as my legs tire and it forces me to really focus on my run and let everything else go. It's short, sweet and a great distraction from all the bullsh*t.

Happy Saturday folks! I'm heading out for a few miles :wink:
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meag - for your QOTD...mine is also running....by far my favorite de-stressor!! However if I am really pinched for time (my 14 hr shift days!!) I still throw in 30 Day Shred for a quick 20min calorie burn!! Hope your longer run went well this weekend!!

Adam - I think its awesome that you get in early workouts in college!!! I never was an early riser (I'm still not!!) so that is incredible!! Kudos to you!! And an Iron Man?? I did a few triathlons in my college days and loved them!! Good luck with your training, though you sound like you have it down!!

Meg - Month 2 of Insanity already??? Wow thats awesome!!! How are you liking it?? And are you seeing/feeling results?? I was going to start it this year, but then running took over and I stopped. Hopefully I will try again soon!! And sending good vibes your way to get over the stomach bug...no fun at all!!!

Shannon - Congrats on the size 10's!!! Its always soo fun when you finally get the clothing size drop!! Sounds like your losing weight at a steady pace which is good and healthier for you!!!

Emily - Glad your dating has been going well....its great to find someone that you seem to connect with so easily!! And great job keeping up with your workout goals!!

AFM - I have been struggling again with my food choices, not sure why?? Not going over calories (maybe only twice in the past 2 months) but just not making great choices. I should be trying my hardest since I need to be in a bikini in 20 days (yes thats the official count-down to vacation)!!! I had to shorten my planned distance run on Friday due to some hip pain again. Its no injury, I think its just weakness in my hip flexors!! But resting today and maybe tomorrow, then planning on trying my longer (11 mile) run on Monday. Also, I am super excited because I finally found a good running store that actually watches you run and fits you for shoes!! Its 30 mins away, but worth it if they get me shoes that wont hurt my feet!! I figure its a good way to spend part of my tax refund!!!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Meag- that is so unfortunate about the race director! And woo hoo! That 30k will be intense, but you got this! Yeah I have been "dating" a few different protien powders, and reading more about them, and which ones are actually protien and which are just sugar powder. So I am going to give this shakeology a shot and see how I like it. I am not super impressed with the GNC brand I got...I am hungry an hour after my shakes! The brand I had before kept be going for about 3 or 4 hours, right in time for a morning snack.

shannon- yes it was a sureal moment and still is. It happend back at the end of August, 2011...but every now and then I get hit again with some similar pain from the wreck. I never thought I would be hit by a drunk, but I did. Yes, I am doing Insanity, same company that does P90x, but its instructed by Sean T. I couldnt do P90x lol the guy annoys me, and yes that one looks cray cray! lol I like insanity though, I start month 2 tomorrow!!!

twisted- I do protein shakes to replace a meal when I know I am going to be on the go. They are super easy, most taste pretty good, like a milkshake or something similar, and will keep you full for a few hours. Maybe back some fruit or baby carrots to munch on with it. It's not messy and will give you just a few more healthy cals to complete a meal :)

adam- Same here! No lie, I started with computer science when I first entered college,because my dad and I loved playing video games growing up. I still like occasional game day, but I love to be active too and programers tend not to be active people (but when is there time!? You program day and night!). Hope you find something you enjoy though! Take it from me, I beat up my body for 2 years too many trying to make CompSci work out.

Abby- Thanks, I am feeling better. The stomach pain comes and goes, I think its stress mostly. And yep, already month 2! I can tell mostly in my cloths. I don't own a scale anymore becase I became too oppsessed with it, but my clothes are no longer fitting comfortably, they are just plain too big. I hear though that month 2 is when your body really starts to change, so I am going to give it a few more weeks before I try on smaller sizes. But yeah, I really like it! And what a great store! If you get some shoes from there, let us know how you like them! That is so cool they watch you run before determining a shoe for you!

AFM: Quick break from my paper dress, it's coming a long nicely actually. I should fit on a person and stay.....so long as they don't move (which is complicated because they have to perform something in it for 3 min!) I got a lot done this weekend, went to work, started builiding on the spring show set, the ground plan was off so it took us 4 hours to figure out the correct measurments to cut. Everything is ready for tomorrow ie lunch, clothes, backpack etc. Just gotta finish up this darn paper dress and I am calling it a day! The new rule at work is "if you are going to be late, you may only be 2 min late" I guess we are forgetting corporates 7 min grace period? So anywho, I need to go to bed at a decent time as not to break the 2 min rule.

Starting Insanity month 2 tomorrow (this past week was recovery week), Lod willing and the creek dont rise. It's going to be a long day, and I am not sure exactly when I will squeeze in that workout, but even if I do it after dance at 11pm I am doing that work out!

Oh and to answer Meag's QOTD- I think my favorite workout is something I don't realize I am working out if that makes sense. Like dance, lets dance the night away and burn a ton of calories, and not even realize we are exercising.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
    -Meghan
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies and gents!!

Finally able to post!

lillieslosinit Hey I hear ya! Sending some positives for you and like Meag said venting is more than welcomed as long as you feel better! Stay strong and it's still the beginning of the month so don't lose hope and although Netflixs does sounds better working out will be better for you mentally, physically and emotionally IMO! Hope your weekend was great! :flowerforyou:

Meag Setting up some goals for me to go to bed early looks will have to happen, I think I will start cutting myself off from everything at 10:30pm that way I can be in bed by then and hopefully fall asleep by 11ish! Good job with your hot yoga i took that last month Bikram and various other yogas and it was by far challenging I think more so because of the heat! sad to hear about the loss of a runner and cancelled race but you still have the 5k and 30k! How exciting! Looking forward to your blog and pics of your recipes! Yummy! I want to try at least one out! :bigsmile:

QOTD My go to workout would also have to be running, it's the most enjoyable for the most part and high calorie burn plus i can take that time to zone out and be carried through with music which is must when running!

Abby You are going to love your future shoes I was fitted back in October and trust me it makes a huge difference and makes running more comfortable especially for those longer runs and hard tempo runs! As far as food choices have you thought about maybe prepping your stuff on a day off and freezing your meals or setting aside your snacks all individually packed such as your fruit or veggies and measuring out your portions and putting them in zip locks?? saves me time and when i want to snack on something quick I can grab a baggie and know how much is in it! I myself have been going over calories but i don't focus too much on that since I zig zag my calories and it usually balances out "usually" except this week! try some hip stretches or maybe some yoga, hope your run tomorrow is enjoyable! :wink:

Meg thats interesting a paper dress sounds complicated to me Im sure if I'd make one no one could perform a thing in it lol! I have never tried Shakeology I hear it's yummy and nutritious but pretty steep, I have protein powder i make pancakes with and use it for many other things like oatmeal and shakes but i live by my Chiobani cheap, delicious, nutritious, and has 13-16 grams of protein in each serving have you tried it? Or any other greek yogurt is yummy and has lots of protein too! Awesome job on Insanity and sticking through despite your hectic schedule keep it up and kick some insane *kitten*! :smile:

Shannon Great job fitting in those 10's next thing you know you'll be an 8! .5 pounds lost per week is such a great and consistent loss keep it up!

Bethany Glad you're back and good luck with your new fresh start let us know how things are!! :smile:

Welcome to all the new people hope to see ya guys hang out through out the month!

AFM I have not posted in a several days sorry about that guys! My start to February has been rough but as of yesterday it has been better! Minus the sore throat! I slacked off last week with food choices and only 4 days of exercise which is less than my usual 5-6 days per week my body feels it too. I had a long run yesterday 9 miles and had an easy short run with a friend of mine who has foot issues and is also running the 1/2 with me so she has been struggling to run so I decided to run @ her pace which was easy breezy! it felt great knowing that when I started, that pace was difficult and now that pace is actually too slow for me :) I signed up for another 1/2 marathon in May to keep me pushing on my running goals (Divas half marathon pretty cool looking, look it up if your curious) and have something to work towards to. This race will be on the hills of San Francisco vs. my 1/2 in March which is pretty flat, so i want to start training in more challenging trails and in the area of where my race will be cause we all know S.F. is not flat lol! My Personal Training program is off to a good start but Im really nervous because part of the internship later in the year will have me running a class as a final!! pretty scary **** if you ask me lol! I would like to weight train 3-4 times per week and increase my weights because I could feel my body is not being as challenged anymore! So many new things going on life is starting to get over whelming so I will take it day by day and make the rest of the Month better than my first few crappy days! Thats it for me, just going to finish up my laundry go grocery shopping and making some new recipes tonight waiting to shop later since it is Super Bowl weekend and the stores are nuts, good thing the BF and I don't care for football! until tomorrow ladies have a great rest of the day!! :bigsmile: Cynthia
  • alodell89
    alodell89 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I'm new to the group and new to MFP in general! I just moved 2000 miles away from my family and I'm looking to get a new me in this new place! It looks like you all are great motivators with all of your amazing success! My goals are below!

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)
    ~Jessie544- get below "lowest weight" (since I've been dieting) which is 175 (current weight 184.8) AKA lose 10 lbs, continue going to cardio classes and maybe try zumba (big maybe cuz they charge $11 a class!)
    ~Cassi_Eats_Apples- Knock off 5 pounds this month, try a Zumba or Aqua Zumba class. Do more strength training.
    ~Shannonaufman - Eat 1200 net calories; Drink 64 ounces of water on weekdays, 32 on weekends; exercise for 1000 minutes; burn 10000 calories; walk/run 30 miles this month. I wouldn't be devastated if I saw 161 on the scale at the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!
    ~Meagalayne- Complete 4 more weeks of ATB training (modified for my travel schedule) including a long run up to 14miles; weight train 2x per week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays; Try hot yoga; No weigh-ins after Feb 3rd until post ATB; allow myself to indulge while in Austin, but not to completely derail my progress with food and emotional eating; Start/Finish another novel on vacation.
    ~jublum- workout 4-5 days a week. each of those days include cardio, but each day i need to incorporate 15-20 of strength training which I have been lacking in. Also, to stay on tracking and meet my calorie goal everyday!
    ~lalonmeg000 (meghan) Finish up Insanity, only 4.5 more weeks! Continue eating healthy by grocery shopping 1x/week so I can get fresh fruits and veggies. Do 1 thing this month that is fun, for me just because I am worth it (ie, a new shirt, a pedi, massage etc)
    ~KCrandi-I'd like to fit into size 10 Jeans. BUT the goal I'm setting is to Work out atleast once everyday, as well as drink atleast 8 glasses of water/day.
    ~btor- My goals for this month are to not drink pop, work out a minimum of 5 days a week for an hour each time, and to eat more veggies!
    ~Stylistntenn - My goals this month: to lose 7 lbs, to keep increasing my exercise and treadmill time as I get in better shape, also decrease my diet soda intake and up my water. :) Good luck to everyone!
    ~Alcavin08-My goals for this month are to drink at least 8 glasses of water 7 days a week, be more active, eat more fruits and veggies, and be down in the mid 170's by the end of this month.
    ~clairification-Complete the 30 Day Shred, work out on breaks at work, eat more raw foods and remember to take my vitamins!
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    ~CaliAliLouise- stick to my meal plan for the month, only eat out twice this month, work-out 6 days a week and get below 175!
    ~Twisted88- My goals for this month are to be under 225 by month's end, to workout at least 5 times a week, and to start bringing my dinner with me Tuesday-Thursday when I have class in the evening (10 out of 13 potential times if possible).
    ~alodell89 - My goals are to drink more water and to work out at least 4 days a week!
  • TonnaJai
    TonnaJai Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ~alodell89 - My goals are to drink more water and to work out at least 4 days a week!

~ TonnaJai Hello all I am a newb and I have been doing so horrible with everything since November but time to get back on track.
    Goals for the month lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
  • melrose09
    Options

~ TonnaJai Hello all I am a newb and I have been doing so horrible with everything since November but time to get back on track.
    Goals for the month lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~melrose09 - run a 10k and get my 5k below 30 minutes. 5 second one arm handstand on EACH side, 4 press handstands in a row, perfect 2 man squat and at least 3 more acro tricks with my partner.
  • siobhanhannon
    siobhanhannon Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im a newbie but this sounds fab....

~melrose09 - run a 10k and get my 5k below 30 minutes. 5 second one arm handstand on EACH side, 4 press handstands in a row, perfect 2 man squat and at least 3 more acro tricks with my partner.
    ~siobhanhannon: workout 5x weekly including at least one pilates class to improve my posture; drink 3L of water a day (regularly not gulping down when I realise its been hours!), lose 8lb to bring me down to 160lbs, think positive and keep at it
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbs! :drinker:

And seriously - spamming our thread with your bootcamp junk? Enough already. You bet your *kitten* I reported that... :laugh:

Very very quick post as I am already CRAZY late to meet up with Tyler! Today was FOOD DAY at my house and I made some seriously tasty treats. So here are some pics for you to enjoy... Will be posting some recipes when I have a chance. Let me tell you, that soup is sooo much better than it looks! :bigsmile:

Beakfast:
    IMAG0172.jpg

Lunch:
    IMAG0174.jpg

Chocolate Pumpkin Protein Brownies:
    IMAG0179.jpg

Dinner:
    IMAG0184.jpg

Nom! So good :bigsmile: Have a great Sunday night, Pals! :heart:
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness i love food porn lol. i don't know if anyone is on Pinterest, but it is so dang addicting, and there's so so many recipes for things on there.. practically a foodie's dream haha!
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Finally able to get a decent post in! Well after a long crazy, annoyingly busy night in the blood bank last night, I’m happy to say things are slow right now, so I’m def enjoying it while it lasts.. Today’s training run was a 10K which I made it through, but it got a bit hairy in the middle there. Last week my friend and I went for massages at the place where I’m a member and the woman I got ended up totally wrecking me and it was the most un-relaxing hour of my life. I told her my legs were tight b/c I run and she said she’d incorporate some stretching in.. Ok well it ended up being like a chiropractic session with her rotating my hips, and digging into my shoulder blades and knees so much, and when I asked her for less pressure she just dismissed it and said it felt like more b/c I was really tight in those areas, and just kept on going.. I applaud her for the effort, but I was left with sore shoulder blades for a couple days and ever since, I now feel my Achilles tendon acting up in my left leg.. Always something I swear! Anyway, I got the first 2 miles in just under 10 minutes which felt great, but after 3 I felt the wall, and debated walking, but fortunately pushed through. My Disney Princess Half Marathon is now 3 weeks away and I just want to beat my last time (2:27). I’m much more prepared, but I also want to enjoy the route, and I hear they give you a disposable camera in your goodie bag so there will def be picture and video taking during the race! Lately I’ve also been dealing with thoughts of binging and not getting enough runs in. Working night shift can really screw you and your schedule up sometimes, and though I’ve been doing it for almost 5 years, you never totally get used to it. I can’t wait to be done with grad school so I can get a job where I can actually sleep at night like a normal person lol.
    Looks like a bunch of people had great January successes! Congrats!!

Abby- Congrats on making it 100 miles in Jan! I’m aiming for 1000 for the year, so we’ll see what happens!
    Meag- I’ve missed all your updates on here with your life! Good to hear that your training is going well! Where are you going for vacay this time? Besides Disney I’m hoping to get out to Portland, OR to see a college friend. Are you still applying for a new job? I give you a lot of credit for getting up and getting in those early morning runs! I think in the summer I could do it, but not now lol. I really want to try hot yoga one time, and I saw a Groupon for it, but passed it up. I got one for kickboxing so I’m def excited about that! Hopefully it’ll be a way to meet some new friends!
    Stylist- Congrats on being a new mommy! And welcome!
    Lilie- Sorry to hear about your breakup aftermath. I’m sure once school really gets going you’ll get a better schedule. Also, I find that when I’m focusing on my workout, that’s all I can think about, so at least for that time, I won’t be thinking about the drama that I sometimes have with my job and just life in general. Last year was a rather emotional one for me at my job as I took on a charge tech position that I didn’t want, but pretty much had to take as no one else was qualified for. We were having major problems with vacations and the 2 people that came on to our shift and it got so bad that I seriously hated coming in every day, and each day got an inch closer to quitting, even with no job to go to.. Fortunately things are better now, and I’ll pass on to you what my friend tells me all the time.. Don’t over think things, and try not to get stressed out because in the end everything will work itself out.. 
    Bethany- Good to see you back as well! Hope things are going well with you. Where are you moving to?
    Shannon- Congrats on the jeans NSV and consistent weight loss! I’m sure those size 10’s will be falling off in no time!
    Cynthia- Sounds like you have some great training going on. I love San Fran, and I bet the race there will be nice and scenic. I wish I lived closer to the shore as I’d love to run on the boardwalk. I’m doing a half that takes you through NYC next month and the first 8 miles is 1 lap around Central Park, (def didn’t know the park was that huge!) which is def not flat! I need to find a new hilly route to prepare!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Gooooood morning ladies! :flowerforyou: And gent! If you're still lurking around somewhere :huh: hehe

Yesterday was a crazy awesome food day. I even made a larggggeeee batch of homemade kimchi, which is admittedly really labour intensive and time consuming, but damn if doesn't just taste so much better than the store bought stuff ! Evidence -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/470085-what-do-your-meals-look-like-let-me-see-pics?page=14#posts-6645987

Allie - Welcome back! :drinker: Sounds like your masseuse what a total wench and very unprofessional - sorry to hear that because massages are supposed to be so relaxing and rejuvenating. I always feel so much better afterwards, if a bit sore. Hope you were still able to get some enjoyment out of it... I am definitely still applying for new jobs, but no success yet. Training is going well, although my body feels completely wrecked this past week. Not too sure what's up. I guess maybe I just need a rest day. The vacay is planned for Austin Texas and I leave on Wednesday night/Thursday morning! Woot woot! as for hot yoga, most studios will offer a cheap intro 10 days or something to give it a try. Call your local studios and find out what they offer. Most Bikram places will give you 10 days unlimited for $10 or something just to try it out. No harm in giving it a go! :bigsmile: Just hard to find the time, really... :ohwell: I hear ya!

Cynthia - Early bedtime is definitely going to be my goal this week! Wednesday night I am going to be doing some relaxing hot yoga at night and then coming home to grab a few hours naps and then head out to the airport, but due to my schedule I'll be getting very little sleep before my trip so these next few nights need to be restful. I hope you're able to do a better job than me! The hot yoga is DEFINITELY challenging! I like to think I'm a pretty fit lady, but heck! I was just dying! As for recipes, stay tuned! Lots of goodies coming up! :bigsmile: Sorry to hear that you were struggling a bit this past week but fabulous run-lization! I love those moments when I feel like "aha! this used to be SO hard and now it's a breeze - PROGRESS BABY! :drinker: " When your goal pace becomes your recovery pace = WIN! The hill-y race sounds like a great challenge as well. Hills are my absolute favourite runs. So much more fun than speed or long runs, IMO, because the challenge is visible, tangible, and measurable. It's great! I always feel such a huge sense of satisfaction getting to the tops of those hills without stopping to rest or walk. Each crest is like a big victory. Hope you can find the same joy in it that I do :happy:

alodell- Welcome! And great goals! It's always good to keep to the basics and not get overwhelmed with setting too many standards for success.

Tonnajai- Hey hey! Back on track is always great! :drinker: Welcome to you too and good luck with the water - I struggle so much to get my water in!

melrose- those are some very specific goals! What sort of training do you do? Tell us a little more about yourself :wink:

siobhan- It IS fab! Welcome! :flowerforyou: Sounds like a very balanced set of goals to me girl :drinker: Way to go - good luck getting them all down!

To all the newbs - Please, introduce yourself! Tell us your names, what you do, where you're from, or whatever else you'd like to share. Why are you here? How do you workout? Etc. Many of us have been around for months - or even years - and we have gotten to know each other and shared our stories. You will see that we post about all kinds of things - personal struggles, relationship stuffs, health and fitness victories of course, but basically it's a free for all. Much easier to feel supported and "safe" in an environment where people "know your name" in a way. So join in! We'd love to get to know you :wink: Here's the list re-posted, as it seems to have been broken up a little. Have a very happy Monday everyone!

~ TonnaJai - lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~siobhanhannon: workout 5x weekly including at least one pilates class to improve my posture; drink 3L of water a day (regularly not gulping down when I realise its been hours!), lose 8lb to bring me down to 160lbs, think positive and keep at it
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies and Gent!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and didn’t get too crazy with Super Bowl yesterday (for those of you that watched)!!

Meghan – I have thought about buying the Shakeology myself. Let me know how you like it. There was a new flavor coming out that looked so yummy! I am looking forward to enjoying my protein shakes again. I liked my Green Monster version. Just need to figure out if I will need to buy a blender. Sorry to hear about the stomach bug and your neck. There was a stomach bug going around here that was awful. I wouldn’t wish that on anyone!!

Shannon – great job with the consistent losing!! Glad to hear that you are in a really good place!! I know that half this battle is mental. I have had the hardest time getting back there mentally but I’m hoping that with the new move, it will only be a (small) matter of time before I can get there again. Awesome job with running on your lunch breaks. I have had people want to go walking on our lunch break but I fear that I will be sweaty when I come back to work and do not want to have to spend the 2nd half of my day like that. Glad that it has worked out for you though.

Emily (moocha) – glad to hear that the date went well!! I think its so important to be able to laugh with the other person about nonsense stuff (well if thats the kinda person you are, which I am)!!

QOTD (so glad these are back in circulation) – I love my Turbo Jam DVDs when I’m short on time or don’t have the opportunity to make it to the gym!!

Abby – great way to spend part of your tax return!! Mine will go toward a HRM. I am in dire need of one and can’t wait to be more accurate. And woohoo for the countdown to your vacation!!

Meag – totally crazy about the race director!! But yes, yes, and yes!! Your whole day of food looks AMAZING!! Can’t wait for you to share recipes!! So glad to see that you are spending QT in the kitchen again!! I truly believe that its great therapy for you!!

Cynthia – glad that you are finding more races to keep you on task!! That race looks like tons of fun!! Too bad its not closer to me cause I would sign up for it too!! And one of my life mottos is...one day at a time!! Don’t overwhelm yourself with things that are out of your control or things so far in advance that no matter what you did today, it still wouldn’t affect that specific thing. I wish you the best!

Allie – sorry to hear about the horrible massage!! Massages are usually something that we look forward to so its always a let down. The only time I have had a massage was when I was pregnant with my daughter and the lady didn’t do anything close to massaging me. I was so upset that I had spent so much and got nothing close to what I wanted. That Princess Half sounds like so much fun. I’m hoping to work my way up to that one day. I need to keep it small for now and complete a 5K first though...haha!!

Welcome to all of the newbies!! I hope that you will take the time to engage in our forum....you will gain more than you ever expected while others are helping you lose!!

AFM...got all moved on Saturday. So I have cut my commute time in half. We are centrally located by my daughter’s school and pretty much everywhere I spend most of my time aside from work. However, we have boxes everywhere. I was hoping to hit the gym tonight (since its now just around the corner from the new house) and get started on my 5K since my mud run is scheduled for March 31 but I think my priority needs to be putting stuff away and getting situated before I go crazy. I am excited to go grocery shopping tonight and get some healthy stuff. All of the not-so-healthy options were eaten up before we left the last place so we could start fresh at the new place. I am having a hard time staying asleep throughout the night though. I am hoping that once I get working out again, I will start sleeping better again but only one way to find out. I am giving myself a week to get everything situated and back to the gym next Monday FOR SURE!! I figure unpacking will still be some type of workout, just not the workout that I was looking for but its necessary!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!

Quote of the day - "This is the beginning of a new day. I have been given this day to use as I will. I can waste it, or use it." by Author Unknown from A New Day

Question of the Day – What is your favorite healthy meal to make??
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I saw this group in December and was too busy at the time. Glad to have found the February thread. Not new to MFP but new to this group. Started in September 2011, though my log says April 2010 (had a lot of start and stops) and am excited to keep losing.

~ TonnaJai - lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~kendib - work out 6 days a week, enjoy my rest day, back to going to bed early, lose 6 pounds.