Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• ElleD89
    ElleD89 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a newbie to this so be gentle! (Hope I did it right) Also, I'm always looking for friends and motivation. Feel free to check out my profile.

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ eleanoreb- El- rack up the running miles
    ~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)
    ~Jessie544- get below "lowest weight" (since I've been dieting) which is 175 (current weight 184.8) AKA lose 10 lbs, continue going to cardio classes and maybe try zumba (big maybe cuz they charge $11 a class!)
    ~Cassi_Eats_Apples- Knock off 5 pounds this month, try a Zumba or Aqua Zumba class. Do more strength training.
    ~Shannonaufman - Eat 1200 net calories; Drink 64 ounces of water on weekdays, 32 on weekends; exercise for 1000 minutes; burn 10000 calories; walk/run 30 miles this month. I wouldn't be devastated if I saw 161 on the scale at the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!
    ~Meagalayne- Complete 4 more weeks of ATB training (modified for my travel schedule) including a long run up to 14miles; weight train 2x per week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays; Try hot yoga; No weigh-ins after Feb 3rd until post ATB; allow myself to indulge while in Austin, but not to completely derail my progress with food and emotional eating; Start/Finish another novel on vacation.
    ~jublum- workout 4-5 days a week. each of those days include cardio, but each day i need to incorporate 15-20 of strength training which I have been lacking in. Also, to stay on tracking and meet my calorie goal everyday!
    ~lalonmeg000 (meghan) Finish up Insanity, only 4.5 more weeks! Continue eating healthy by grocery shopping 1x/week so I can get fresh fruits and veggies. Do 1 thing this month that is fun, for me just because I am worth it (ie, a new shirt, a pedi, massage etc)
    ~KCrandi-I'd like to fit into size 10 Jeans. BUT the goal I'm setting is to Work out atleast once everyday, as well as drink atleast 8 glasses of water/day.
    ~btor- My goals for this month are to not drink pop, work out a minimum of 5 days a week for an hour each time, and to eat more veggies!
    ~Stylistntenn - My goals this month: to lose 7 lbs, to keep increasing my exercise and treadmill time as I get in better shape, also decrease my diet soda intake and up my water. :) Good luck to everyone!
    ~Alcavin08-My goals for this month are to drink at least 8 glasses of water 7 days a week, be more active, eat more fruits and veggies, and be down in the mid 170's by the end of this month.
    ~clairification-Complete the 30 Day Shred, work out on breaks at work, eat more raw foods and remember to take my vitamins!
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    ~CaliAliLouise- stick to my meal plan for the month, only eat out twice this month, work-out 6 days a week and get below 175!
    ~Twisted88- My goals for this month are to be under 225 by month's end, to workout at least 5 times a week, and to start bringing my dinner with me Tuesday-Thursday when I have class in the evening (10 out of 13 potential times if possible).
    ~alodell89 - My goals are to drink more water and to work out at least 4 days a week!
    ~ TonnaJai - lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~melrose09 - run a 10k and get my 5k below 30 minutes. 5 second one arm handstand on EACH side, 4 press handstands in a row, perfect 2 man squat and at least 3 more acro tricks with my partner.
    ~siobhanhannon: workout 5x weekly including at least one pilates class to improve my posture; drink 3L of water a day (regularly not gulping down when I realise its been hours!), lose 8lb to bring me down to 160lbs, think positive and keep at it
    ~kendib - work out 6 days a week, enjoy my rest day, back to going to bed early, lose 6 pounds.
    ~jacksonsarah6 - work out 3 or 4 days a week, drink 6-8 glasses of water every day and finally see the scale move in the right direction!
    -ThisisMiss - Walk at least one hour every day with my DD, get more aerobics/dancing time in at least five days a week, drink more water, eat fewer carbs
    -nyfashionista19- Stick with my zumba for wii routine, while incorporating 30 DS starting on the 13th and complete it! Get under the 210 mark(7 lbs.to go!) and take my son for more stroller walks!-weather permitting
    -ser1019 : Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, lose 6 pounds, eat more fruit/veggies, and work out 4-5 days a week for 1-2 hours. Good luck everyone!
    -ElleD89 - Lose at least 3 pounds, bring my running up to 25 miles/wk (currently at 18), and limit my drinking to one night a week.
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    meag- like Austin, TX Austin!? I am only 2 hours away from Austin, hope you are enjoyng it :)

AFM: I started the shakeology detox thing, here is the break down, its not just a liquid no calorie diet

breakfast- 1 scoop shakeology in water and 1/2 cup of fruit

snack- piece of fruit

lunch- 1 scoop shakeolofy in water

dinner- 4oz of white fish or grilled chicken with 3 servings of veggies

snack- 1 scoop shakeology in water

over all you end up eating about 1200 cals give or take. You do this for 3 days and basically you pee all the junk out of your system. I could eat a freaking horse! Why am I so hungry!? I hardly ate anything this week cause of the stomach bug, and I figured this would be a heatlhy way to add cals back in. I seriously could go eat everything in that fridge.
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in...I ran a 5k in my fastest time today! Beat my previous time by 3 minutes. I am training for a 5k race in April and am so excited to be back running.

I have asthma and last time I went to the doctor I had only about 70% use of my lungs so running for me is about training myself to breathe properly in addition to everything else.

Meag-I love Austin and hope you continue to have a good time.

TonnaJai-Good job keeping with your goals so far this month. Keep at it!
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Meghan - Sounds.. Interesting. Not sure I could do that shakeology. Can't even do protein shakes, they don't keep me full. Kick some butt this weekend.

Meag- It's best to enjoy yourself on vacation, and jump back on the bandwagon when you get back. It's funny how vacations at first can be the most stressful moments trying to get to your destination. Hope you're enjoying the warm weather there.. It's blizzardin' here.

Abby- I'm sure you know, but scales aren't always the most reliable source. Tape measuring however.. Where are you going for vacation?

Cassi- Way to keep on track. A lot of people like zumba, and glad it fits in well for you. Keep kickin that fat's *kitten* - Looks like you're doin great.

These past two weeks have been insane with all the class work going on. Sliding in social time, and I don't get much time to log much less post here. Keepin up with the gym though - Went tonight despite the 'lovely' weather (snow, wind and cold.) Yesterday we did kickboxing in my aerobics class. LOVED IT. Wish they had regular classes that could fit into my schedule.. Oh well. Still running and weight lifting.

No date this weekend. Snowstorm and hectic schedule got us, but we're making up next weekend.

Also looking into work after college (graduate in December.) I am getting my degree in Graphic/Web Design/Video/Photography, but would like to work for an Athletics/Fitness company. On the edge of my mind, I'm contemplating getting my Master's in Public Health Communications to help others with eating disorders/fitness troubles..

There's my plate. Keep kickin it.

-Emily
  • CharleneExtreme
    Options
    Hey everyone - ive added my goal. its to try 30 Day Shred, but if i vomit work out by walking or doing a Zumba DVD at least 3 times a week. Also feel free to add me - need all the nagging and motivation i can get!!

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)
    ~Jessie544- get below "lowest weight" (since I've been dieting) which is 175 (current weight 184.8) AKA lose 10 lbs, continue going to cardio classes and maybe try zumba (big maybe cuz they charge $11 a class!)
    ~Cassi_Eats_Apples- Knock off 5 pounds this month, try a Zumba or Aqua Zumba class. Do more strength training.
    ~Shannonaufman - Eat 1200 net calories; Drink 64 ounces of water on weekdays, 32 on weekends; exercise for 1000 minutes; burn 10000 calories; walk/run 30 miles this month. I wouldn't be devastated if I saw 161 on the scale at the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!
    ~Meagalayne- Complete 4 more weeks of ATB training (modified for my travel schedule) including a long run up to 14miles; weight train 2x per week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays; Try hot yoga; No weigh-ins after Feb 3rd until post ATB; allow myself to indulge while in Austin, but not to completely derail my progress with food and emotional eating; Start/Finish another novel on vacation.
    ~jublum- workout 4-5 days a week. each of those days include cardio, but each day i need to incorporate 15-20 of strength training which I have been lacking in. Also, to stay on tracking and meet my calorie goal everyday!
    ~lalonmeg000 (meghan) Finish up Insanity, only 4.5 more weeks! Continue eating healthy by grocery shopping 1x/week so I can get fresh fruits and veggies. Do 1 thing this month that is fun, for me just because I am worth it (ie, a new shirt, a pedi, massage etc)
    ~KCrandi-I'd like to fit into size 10 Jeans. BUT the goal I'm setting is to Work out atleast once everyday, as well as drink atleast 8 glasses of water/day.
    ~btor- My goals for this month are to not drink pop, work out a minimum of 5 days a week for an hour each time, and to eat more veggies!
    ~Stylistntenn - My goals this month: to lose 7 lbs, to keep increasing my exercise and treadmill time as I get in better shape, also decrease my diet soda intake and up my water. :) Good luck to everyone!
    ~Alcavin08-My goals for this month are to drink at least 8 glasses of water 7 days a week, be more active, eat more fruits and veggies, and be down in the mid 170's by the end of this month.
    ~clairification-Complete the 30 Day Shred, work out on breaks at work, eat more raw foods and remember to take my vitamins!
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    ~CaliAliLouise- stick to my meal plan for the month, only eat out twice this month, work-out 6 days a week and get below 175!
    ~Twisted88- My goals for this month are to be under 225 by month's end, to workout at least 5 times a week, and to start bringing my dinner with me Tuesday-Thursday when I have class in the evening (10 out of 13 potential times if possible).
    ~alodell89 - My goals are to drink more water and to work out at least 4 days a week!
    ~ TonnaJai - lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~melrose09 - run a 10k and get my 5k below 30 minutes. 5 second one arm handstand on EACH side, 4 press handstands in a row, perfect 2 man squat and at least 3 more acro tricks with my partner.
    ~siobhanhannon: workout 5x weekly including at least one pilates class to improve my posture; drink 3L of water a day (regularly not gulping down when I realise its been hours!), lose 8lb to bring me down to 160lbs, think positive and keep at it
    ~kendib - work out 6 days a week, enjoy my rest day, back to going to bed early, lose 6 pounds.
    ~jacksonsarah6 - work out 3 or 4 days a week, drink 6-8 glasses of water every day and finally see the scale move in the right direction!
    -ThisisMiss - Walk at least one hour every day with my DD, get more aerobics/dancing time in at least five days a week, drink more water, eat fewer carbs
    -nyfashionista19- Stick with my zumba for wii routine, while incorporating 30 DS starting on the 13th and complete it! Get under the 210 mark(7 lbs.to go!) and take my son for more stroller walks!-weather permitting
    -ser1019 : Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, lose 6 pounds, eat more fruit/veggies, and work out 4-5 days a week for 1-2 hours. Good luck everyone!
    -ElleD89 - Lose at least 3 pounds, bring my running up to 25 miles/wk (currently at 18), and limit my drinking to one night a week.
    -charf88 - Try 30 Day Shred, but if i vomit work out by walking or doing a Zumba DVD at least 3 times a week.
  • zgolub
    zgolub Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You guys seem like an awesome group. I am new to this challenge. I am a newlywed oncology nurse and am studying for my Master's certification. I want to be in the best shape of my life this year, before we start thinking kids, so now is the time for me to BURN!!

-charf88 - Try 30 Day Shred, but if i vomit work out by walking or doing a Zumba DVD at least 3 times a week
    ~zgolub - log in every day to MFP till end of month, work out every day off from work (I work 3 days a week), get up early one workday to work out, stick to under 2000 cals 5 days a week.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Lovelies!!

Meag – couldn’t agree with you more! Our interests are very similar and have no doubt that we would enjoy each other’s company!! I’m so glad that you are enjoying your time in Austin!! I know that it is a much needed break from reality for you and I’m so glad to see that you are truly working on making every moment out there count. Woohoo…can’t wait to hear all about it! I did see the burger you posted in the other forum though and it looked so yummy!! You know what they say…everything is bigger in Texas!!

Cassi – I am huge fan of Zumba!! I love that you get to “dance” the workout away!! Unfortunately, I don’t get to do it nearly as often as I would like but that should be changing shortly. And isn’t amazing how your body reacts to the foods that we used to rely on so much? My body does the same thing to me after I have indulged in something that I know I shouldn’t have. I think I like that feeling though cause it reminds me that I have made the right choice in changing to a healthier lifestyle. And congrats on losing inches!! I need to measure. I haven’t done that in a long while.

Abby – will this be your first time in a bikini? I can’t say that exposing others to myself in a bikini is something that I want to do but I definitely give props to those people that can pull it off and look amazing while doing it. Your vacation sounds like so much fun!!

Meghan – I love sweet potato fries!! How do you make yours? And I hope that you have started to feel better! I am interested to hear how your Shakeology cleanse went. I have been thinking about doing a cleanse to get off to a good clean start. And I wish I was more creative. Sometimes I have ideas but don’t know that I could pull them off so I give up.

QOTD – I do not have one particular song that gets me kick started. I am a huge fan of drummers though and think that a great rock song can get me charged and ready to set the world on fire…haha!! Actually a co-worker and I were reading an article on weight loss and one of the things it said was to have a theme song so I am currently working on my own theme song. When I discover which song suits me best, I will definitely share it with all of you.

Kendib – congrats on the 5K time!! I am starting 5K training on Monday and am completely looking forward to it!!

Emily (moocha) – I absolutely love kickboxing!! Gonna get back to it once I get finished with my 5K training. So it will be running and weight lifting for me until that finishes up. Then I will have to come up with a new workout schedule to incorporate all of them so I can enjoy it too! I just graduated last June and want to continue with my Master’s also but I am not sure what I want to major in so for now I am just going to enjoy the time with my kiddos until I figure it out. Hope that the dates continue to go great!

Welcome to all the newbs!! Please, please, please feel free to participate in this forum.

AFM…my day went nothing as planned because I talked into spending the night at a friend’s house last night after we went to the country bar. The morning began with a ton of drama. Managed to get some unpacking done and made 2 delicious meals for the kiddos and myself. A co-worker and I have a challenge going to lose 5 pounds by the end of the month. I am fairly confident that I can do it and I think this is the extra accountability I will need to get my head back in the game. And once my head is there then there will be no stopping me. I think that I will start posting my meal plans for the week in the forum also in an effort to hold myself more accountable. Water consumption has been good. I read somewhere that a girl realized that she would drink more water when it was in a pretty glass. So I went last week and got a plastic wine glass and a cute Valentine’s Day cup to drink my water in while I’m at work. It has definitely helped with consuming more water. 5K training officially starts on Monday and I am so very excited!! I am just hoping that nothing will stop me this time around. Strike that…I won’t let anything stop me this time around!!

Hope everyone is making the most of their weekends!!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meg - The shakeology cleanse sounds interesting?? I dont know if I could stick to the exact same thing for 3 days...let us know how it works. And hopefully you are feeling better by now!! As for your QOTD...I listen to kinda strange music for the most part...what I like to call alternative rock?? But sometimes for workouts I will through a catchy pop song into my playlist...how can you not be motivated listening to "I'm sexy and I know it"?

Meag - Glad to heat that you are enjoying yourself down in Austin!! We are headed down their later this year...hubby's brother (and his family) live their and I have never been. I can't wait!! You trying the Texas BBQ?? And glad to hear that you still got a run in!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!

moocha - I am heading down to Riviera Maya, Mexico for some R & R on the beach!! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate!! But kudos to you for fitting in your workouts whenever you can!!

bethany - no not my first time in a bikini, but probably the first time in the past 4-5 years?? Its been a while!! I wont look amazing, but I am proud of my progress and a bikini is no longer mortifying!! Sorry you had a rough start to your weekend, but the 5lb challenge sounds good, I always like having someone to help me stay on track!! And I love that water trick!!

AFM - I guess I can share that I have a birthday this week...the very un-exciting 28th! Nothing big planned though, just dinner with the hubby, since my bday is the 15th we usually skip valentines day and just to a dinner on my birthday. I keep telling myself to buckle down on my diet plan but its still shakey some days...and only 2 weeks till vacation!! In other news, I was very excited on friday, I did my distance run. I ran 9.5 miles and my average pace was 9:57min/mile!!! Definately my fastest pace on anything over 4-5 miles!! So I was very excited for that, even though it was a flat course. Also, no knee/hip pain afterwards!! I guess a week of taking it easy plus the new shoes has really helped!!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    abby- I'm Sexy and I know it, is for sure a must on every play list! lol I am feeling a little better, allergies is now what is bothering me those most, but better. Happy early Birthday!!

bethany- I usually cut my sweet potato into wedges and season them with a smidge of extra virgin olive oil and dill, and then just throw them in the oven on 350 till they look done. Interesting find on the music antheme, I might have to really dig deep to find mine too then! What a great attitude ont he 5lb challenge! You totally can do this :)

emily- yeah I like my protein shakes, I am just so busy they keep me grounded when I need a quick meal on the go.

AFM: I ended up not doing the cleanse, the first day I found myself starving and not bored hungry, just hungry! I like the shakeology mix, it really does keep me full, and they are the best tasting drinks I have tried so far, but no cleansing for me. I need my 1300-1500 cals a day to function! Kicking butt this week with insanity, I am offically a size 10 in jeans, and I got my motivation back up :)

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

-meghan
  • moochachip
    moochachip Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    meghan- Great to hear about the size 10. You are kickin fat to the curb.

Abby- I'm sure it's a lot less busy out there on the 15th compared to the day before anyways. Congrads on the run, that's one heck of a turn out. You should be proud - And are an inspiration. I hope to get there someday. Happy early Birthday (since I probably won't be around till after.)

bethany- Interesting theory with the water glass - You'll have to let us know how that goes. Good luck this week with the 5K training this week.. As well as the 5 pound challenge. Will be keeping a stern eye out for those meal plans..

This weekend was a nice relaxing time compared to the past few weeks. I got to get homework done, get a portfolio ready for a career fair on Tuesday, and got my work outs in as well. Just started reading the book "The New Rules of Lifting for Women: Lift Like a Man, Look Like a Goddess" and can already say I recommend it for other girls to read it as well. It's got plenty of information, as well some interesting information on the popular 'decrease calorie' diet plan today. Did my first whole day of free weights today too - And my arms are already cursing/thanking me for it.

- Emily
  • kendib
    kendib Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bethany - I like the idea of a pretty water glass. I had to move to one with a lid after a co worker spilt my water all over my desk and paperwork. I also drink more when there is a straw. Not sure why.

Abby - Happy Birthday and congrats on the run! And to being back in a bikini. That is my goal for our Hawaii trip in August, maybe not a bikini but to look good in a swimsuit and not be embarrassed about pictures in a swimsuit.

emily - I have read the New Rules for Lifting for Women as well and loved it. I am planning on starting that after I am done with the 30 Day Shred. After reading it I increased my calorie intake on this site and have had better success in terms of weight loss and energy levels.

AFM...was on vacation with the hubs this last week. Worked 2 days and was off the rest. It was nice to spend time with him, he works so much, but it seems like all we did was eat. Our eating schedule was also thrown off, we ate dinner earlier than normal so had to have a evening snack to hold me over till morning. We also ate out a lot which is not normal for us. So all in all, my weigh in this morning was a little disappointing. Didn't gain thankfully, but only lost .2. I'm hoping this week will be a bigger loss, since we will be back on schedule. NSV... my husband gave me my Valentine's day present early. A very pretty necklace and braclet. And the braclet fit around my wrist! This would not have happened if I hadn't lost weight. I have always had plump wrists and have noticed the difference there more than anyplace else. Also, got to clean out my closet and got rid of a bunch of clothing which was a great felling. On to this week of eating healthy and exercising!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy Monday Lovelies!!

Abby – Happy early Birthday!! Every birthday should be celebrated with as much excitement and enthusiasm as possible. You are celebrating the fact that you have survived another year of this crazy ride called life. Don’t ever downplay it!! And great job on the run!!

Meghan – I will definitely have to try sweet potato fries that way! And thanks for the encouragement girly!! The challenge has really made me think twice about everything that passes through my lips. Sucks that you weren’t able to do the cleanse but I am sure your body was craving some real food after being out of commission while you were sick. And congrats on fitting into the size 10 jeans.

Emily – I think the water glass theory is working for me. I can definitely tell you that my water consumption has increased. I think that by having it in an open glass rather than a closed container helps. Sounds like you had a much needed productive and quiet weekend.

Kendib – I worry about my glass getting tipped over too which I think helps me consume it faster. Interesting on the straw though. So did you and the hubby go anywhere for your vacation? Or was it a staycation so that you could spend time with the hubby? And congrats on the bracelet fitting!! Definitely a great prize for your weight loss...not only do you have smaller wrists but you now have a pretty piece of jewelry to complement your thinner wrists!!

AFM...just began feeling sick to my stomach. Not too sure if it was breakfast this morning or what but I’m hoping it goes away cause I have my first run tonight and I am totally looking forward to it. Eating has been going pretty good except for dinner last night. A friend took my daughter and I out to dinner at Joe’s Crab Shack and it was our first time there. Luckily, it was one meal and I am not letting it get to me.

Dinner tonight – leftover lasagna
    Dinner tomorrow – baked pork chops marinated in soy sauce, lemon, and onion. Mashed fauxtatoes. Grilled squash.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Gosh Ive missed out was pretty sick for about a week and finally feel better but i will post either tomorrow or wed for sure miss you ladies you are all doing great!! Didn't forget about any of you!! :wink: Hope you all have a wonderful Valentines day whether it's with your significant other or with family or with friends enjoy it!! Cynthia!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am home finally and slept in my own bed last night, but desperate to catch up on some sleep.

I had a very emotional day yesterday - I won't go into details but there is definitely a lot going on in life right now, and with Tyler, and things are very much up in the air. I need to focus on that part of my life and getting back to reality, so this week is likeyl going to be a continuation of my recent absenteeism from the boards. But I have been watching and reading and love hearing about everything you ladies are doing.

I have totally and completely botched my training and eating plans for the last 5 days - got in two runs and ate sooo much junk - but it's a new week and I am going to get back at it once I am feeling a bit more rested. Good food plans for the day today, at least.

Hope you all have a fabulous Valentine's Day :heart:
    Love yas!
  • GuamGrly
    Options
    Happy Single’s Awareness Day!! Or Happy Valentine’s Day for those of you that celebrate that aspect of it!!

Cynthia – sorry to hear that you have been sick!! :ohwell: Something appears to slowly be going around work so I’m hoping to up the vitamin C and dodge it this time around!

Meag – so glad that you’re back...even if you will be absent for a little while!! :sad: Really hoping and praying that you are able to get everything sorted out in your bubble. Seems like you and I are never on the same page, when you are down then I’m up and when I’m up then you are down. Which may be a good thing so that we can continue to cheer each other on. May not work out so well if we were both down at the same time. However, I am anxiously awaiting your return!! :flowerforyou:

Emily – glad to have you back girly!! :love: Very sorry to hear about your dog! My childhood dog was the same way. She got arthritis very bad in her legs from chasing the ball for years. We decided as a family that she was too old to seek medical attention so when she got to the point where she couldn’t handle it anymore then we would have to put her down as well. Unfortunately, my mom and stepdad failed to let us know when they were going to do it so my brother and I really didn’t get a chance to properly say goodbye to her. Great job keeping up with your training!! I just started 5K training (again) yesterday and I’m super excited about it. And I don’t even think I was aware there was a Bachelor #3 in the running but things seem to be going great so I hope that things work out for you!!

And where is everyone else??? :noway:

AFM...as planned, I started 5K training last night. I was wondering how I was gonna fit it into my schedule and not have to pay too much out of pocket to have the kids watched while I get my sweat on. The kid’s club at my gym is $4 per child for 2 hours or you can pay the monthly fee of $20 per child per month. Having 2 kids, that can get fairly pricey but when I went last night, they were offering 50% off the monthly kids club package. So its like getting 2 for 1. I couldn’t pass up that offer. And now I am monetarily invested in this too!! My mom pays for my gym membership cause she got it for me when I was 14 so we pay close to nothing and it gets withdrawn from her account. Food has been going pretty good. Gonna make some pork chops for my daughter and I tonight. I am very much looking forward to it. Kinda works out not having a Valentine cause I don’t have to worry about chocolates or an elaborate dinner.

Quote of the Day – “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” Author Unknown
  • shattoy
    Options
    bump
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...

Sorry I've been absent and will continue to be so. Hoping you folks can hold down the fort here, but as Bethany has pointed out - Where the heck is everyone?!?!

I ran this morning, and did some cycling and lifting yesterday. Nothing crazy just trying to get back into my routine after my trip. Things have been very rocky in my personal life the past 2 weeks and I am just really trying to keep my head above water. I am feeling post-vacation blues and wanting to return for good. Wishing I could just up and run away most days which is tough. Anyone care to house me somewhere warm for a few months while I get established somewhere new?:wink: Let me know! I'll take what I can get, and I'll even offer to cook you meals! :tongue:

What else is new... Uhmmm not much! Trying to figure out my life plan right now and decide what I want out of my relationship with Tyler, or if I want one at all anymore. That's a toughie as well, as you can imagine, as it involves more than just my own needs and feelings. My training, sleep and eating has definitely suffered, but I am trying to get back on track. For the next few days, these are my goals...

1) Make a healthy and tasty dinner tonight - thai mango salad with a thai green curry (chicken, green beans, zucchini and broccoli)
    2) Try hot yoga again tomorrow and see if my new potential workout buddy wants to join
    3) Aim to long run 14 miles on Saturday - at whatever pace I can finish it. No time or pace goals. Just aiming to finish.
    4) Have some FUN Saturday night.
    5) Go shopping in the US on Monday with my Mom for some quality bonding time and to get my mind off things - Monday is a civic holiday in Canada so we've got a long weekend. Hurrah!

The weekend should be interesting as I'll be all alone for 3 days... Could be lonely, but we'll see. Hope you folks have a great Thursday. Love ya! :heart:
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hi! I have been sick since Sunday morning, the worst part is the medicine I can take is very limited so it seems to be hanging around longer than usual, but I am powering through and starting to feel better. I hope you ladies are doing great! Miss you!!

XOXO
    Megan
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!! Doesn't it feel like It should be Friday today? It sure does to me. It seems like so many people are sick these days, guess it's that time of year.

I'm getting confused with all the Meg/Meag/Emily's..maybe next Month we can all put our name next to our screen name with our goals...just a thought.

Megan- Hope you feel better. I can only imagine being sick and not being able take any medicine. How are you feeling, otherwise. excited?

Bethany- That's sweet about the day care at the gym!! No excuses. do you have a daughter and a son? What does your 5k training entail? you starting out on the treadmill?

Emily- Sorrry to hear about your dog :( that is hard.. Glad you are having such awesome workouts. Speedy run! I definitely know what you mean about the same 2 pounds. I feel the same lately, fairly constant weight, but mriacle not gaining weight at least so far... i'm sure you will break out of the plateau soon enough! Bachelor # 3 sounds awesome! I like this guy already..least June isn't for a little while..

Meag- Yay for all your goals! It's nice to have a plan and feel in control of things, especially when toher things feel out of our control sometimes. It seems you have been having problems, or been unsure about things with Tyler for quite some time now.. How does he feel about it? The impression i get (could be totally wrong) is that he is a bit clingy and seems to want to spend lots of time with you, and you are independent and want more space to do your own thing, specially in regards to working out, seeing friends, travelling etc.. Obviously you don't want to hurt him, but in the end you have to do what's best for you. I'm sure you will figure things out.

ASM- I moved into my apartment and am loving it so far. Had 4 friends over for dinner the other night, and I feel like i'm still doing dishes ( i dont have a dishwasher..). It was still a lot of fun and definitely worth it. I have been running 5 days a week, in training for marathon in May. It seems like a lot, but the Sunday long runs gradually increase each week, and the runs on the others day are fairly short (3-6.5 miles depending on the day). Some of these short runs are tempo runs at a faster pace, and others are recovery runs at a slower pace. In this cold weather though and with the ice and or puddles, I feel like I don't really have a faster pace...

I am still doing some athletic conditioning but not as much as I'd like. I have a friend that i met at work who wants to do weight training together, so we decided we will aim for twice a week. She goes to the gym right next to work too, so it will be easy for us to go right after work. She is very organized and already sent me a scheduler for our first session on Friday. Apparently she has a book of "crazy workouts" so i look forward to seeing what it entails..

My friend and I started a food blog. It's just for fun, if you are interested and want to check it out here is the link http://www.doubletroublekitchenedition.com

Have a great day girlies!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Ok,....I havent posted in a few days so I am trying to catch up with everyone!!

Meghan - Thanks for the bday wishes and glad to hear that you are feeling better!!

Emily - Thanks for the bday wishes!! And for the saying that my running is inspiring....that helps me keep going!! I was thinking about reading that book too!! Everyone I know that has read it seems to love it!! Let me know how you feel about after a little longer!!

Kendib - Thanks for the bday wishes!! And I feel the same way....its not really about the bikini, but more about being comfortable with my own body and not running from every camera!! I am sure you will get there soon too!! And I would say that a 2lb loss over a vacation is amazing!!! I am scared to death that I will gain on my upcoming one!

Bethany - Thanks for the bday wishes!! And you are right, I should celebrate every birthday!! I did splurge and eat 1/2 a brownie sundae!! I have never been to Joes Crab shack either, but there is one near me....did you like it?? And hopefully you stomach thing was temporary!! Thats awesome that you got a good deal for your kids at the gym...and you're right that it makes you more invested!! That should keep you motivated, great job starting the 5K training!!

Cynthia - Sorry you have been sick!!!! I really hope youre on the up-swing of it by now!!

Meag - Sorry to hear that you are struggling with life right now....its never easy when you have so much going on! I hope your vaca gave you a little time off to relax and de-stress yourself!! Good luck on your long run this weekend...14 miles sounds tough!! I aiming for 11 this weekend too!

Emily - Glad things are going well with Bach#3 except for the seminary part....thats hard to handle!! And sorry to hear about your dog, its always so upsetting to lose a part of your family. And awesome job with the running!!

Megan - Sorry to hear that you arent feeling well, and meds are very limited while pregnant....I'm sending prayers and warm vibes your way!! Hope you feel better soon!!

AFM - I didnt have a great day food-wise yesterday due to the bday, but stayed under cals and got a short run in so not terrible!! I did indugle and share part of a brownie sundae with the hubby to celebrate!! He also got me a nutritional counsiling session for my bday. They use that medgem thing to test your BMR and then help workout a diet plan based on what your looking for. The lady works with runners a lot, so I am excited to get some professional advice on how to best fuel my body!! I have my distance run tomorrow...hoping to make 11 miles!! I'll let you all know!!