Kicking *kitten* In Our Twenties - February Challenge!! Take 2!

Options

Replies

• jacksonsarah6
    Options
    new to the group and hope that this will finally being my month that i can kick start myself toward my goals!!! my goals are below!

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ eleanoreb- El- rack up the running miles
    ~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)
    ~Jessie544- get below "lowest weight" (since I've been dieting) which is 175 (current weight 184.8) AKA lose 10 lbs, continue going to cardio classes and maybe try zumba (big maybe cuz they charge $11 a class!)
    ~Cassi_Eats_Apples- Knock off 5 pounds this month, try a Zumba or Aqua Zumba class. Do more strength training.
    ~Shannonaufman - Eat 1200 net calories; Drink 64 ounces of water on weekdays, 32 on weekends; exercise for 1000 minutes; burn 10000 calories; walk/run 30 miles this month. I wouldn't be devastated if I saw 161 on the scale at the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!
    ~Meagalayne- Complete 4 more weeks of ATB training (modified for my travel schedule) including a long run up to 14miles; weight train 2x per week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays; Try hot yoga; No weigh-ins after Feb 3rd until post ATB; allow myself to indulge while in Austin, but not to completely derail my progress with food and emotional eating; Start/Finish another novel on vacation.
    ~jublum- workout 4-5 days a week. each of those days include cardio, but each day i need to incorporate 15-20 of strength training which I have been lacking in. Also, to stay on tracking and meet my calorie goal everyday!
    ~lalonmeg000 (meghan) Finish up Insanity, only 4.5 more weeks! Continue eating healthy by grocery shopping 1x/week so I can get fresh fruits and veggies. Do 1 thing this month that is fun, for me just because I am worth it (ie, a new shirt, a pedi, massage etc)
    ~KCrandi-I'd like to fit into size 10 Jeans. BUT the goal I'm setting is to Work out atleast once everyday, as well as drink atleast 8 glasses of water/day.
    ~btor- My goals for this month are to not drink pop, work out a minimum of 5 days a week for an hour each time, and to eat more veggies!
    ~Stylistntenn - My goals this month: to lose 7 lbs, to keep increasing my exercise and treadmill time as I get in better shape, also decrease my diet soda intake and up my water. :) Good luck to everyone!
    ~Alcavin08-My goals for this month are to drink at least 8 glasses of water 7 days a week, be more active, eat more fruits and veggies, and be down in the mid 170's by the end of this month.
    ~clairification-Complete the 30 Day Shred, work out on breaks at work, eat more raw foods and remember to take my vitamins!
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    ~CaliAliLouise- stick to my meal plan for the month, only eat out twice this month, work-out 6 days a week and get below 175!
    ~Twisted88- My goals for this month are to be under 225 by month's end, to workout at least 5 times a week, and to start bringing my dinner with me Tuesday-Thursday when I have class in the evening (10 out of 13 potential times if possible).
    ~alodell89 - My goals are to drink more water and to work out at least 4 days a week!
    ~ TonnaJai - lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~melrose09 - run a 10k and get my 5k below 30 minutes. 5 second one arm handstand on EACH side, 4 press handstands in a row, perfect 2 man squat and at least 3 more acro tricks with my partner.
    ~siobhanhannon: workout 5x weekly including at least one pilates class to improve my posture; drink 3L of water a day (regularly not gulping down when I realise its been hours!), lose 8lb to bring me down to 160lbs, think positive and keep at it
    ~kendib - work out 6 days a week, enjoy my rest day, back to going to bed early, lose 6 pounds.
    ~jacksonsarah6 - work out 3 or 4 days a week, drink 6-8 glasses of water every day and finally see the scale move in the right direction!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Meg - Stress can definately tear your stomach up!! Hopefully you get things under control and the stomach will settle!! I hope everything works with yout paper dress---sounds risky with paper and not being able to move...but I bet it looks fantastic!! And I am sure that your clothing size will drop a lot with Insanity!! And kudos for getting rid of the scale...I should do that too, but I am scared!

Cynthia - Thanks for the tips! I am trying to pre-cook and pre-pack....although my hubby tend to eat anything I leave in the fridge for myself!! I will need to start labeling my things!! I did go to Trader Joes and get some yummy foods!! Trying hard to stay on track until vacation! I worked in San Fran for 3 months once and it was very hilly...you are going to have your work cut out for you and in that half!!! Its funny because we dont watch football either, and I forgot it was SB sunday and went to the store and man it was swamped!!

Meag - All that food looks awesome and is totally making my mouth water sitting here at work!! I dont have break for another hour!!! And I love Kimchi too!! But my Grandma makes it for me...I have never made it myself...maybe I will try some day if I ever find time!!

Allie - Sorry you had a bad massage experience...I am getting one this week (first time since I started running) and I am scared that it might mess up my legs too!!! I am sure you will rock it in your Disney Half!! I am a nurse that worked nights for 3 years (just recently switched to days) and it can be horrible on your diet!! Hopefully you figure out a way to make it work for you!!

Bethany - Thanks and a HRM is defiantely the perfect way to spend yours too!! Mine is definately way lower then what MFP was giving me and I didnt want to be eating extra calories that I didnt really earn!! Hopefully you find a good one that you will like!! Glad to hear that you are all moved in and your commute will give you a little extra free time!! ANd I am sure that once you get back in your gym/run routine you will sleep better!! As another insommniac, I understand how much it sucks to not sleep!!

AFM - So I went and got fitted for new running shoes yesterday for the first time!! I am apparently the rarer under-pronator with a mid-foot strike. They fitted me for a pair of Ascis GT-2170 for my road and TM runs and a pair of Saucony Perigrines for trail running. I tested out the Asics last night and I have to say that they felt great!! No hip or knee pain at all and none the next morning. Only did a 3 miler though...so we will see. I am going to hopefully test out the Sauconys on a trail run friday or saturday!! I am praying that this is the solution to my knee/hip pain!! As soon as the guy watched me run, he said "I bet you have right knee and hip pain" which is completely correct!! Still need to work on some form though!!
    I also went to Trader Joes since it was close to the running store. I was adventerous and tried Lentil Soup for the very first time (only because they had samples) and I have to say that I loved it!!! So I bought that along with some other goodies for the week!! Trying my best to stay on track until vacation time!!
  • greenhumanclay
    greenhumanclay Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Alli I agree I love S.F. but wow that would be awesome to run around Central park and geez thats a huge park! Thats too bad that an "enjoyable" hour was spent being miserable what a dumb lady hope your legs are better and your future runs aren't effected by that massage! Thats awesome a half in 3 weeks 2:27 is a great time, what training plan are you using, currently Im doing one and it seems to work but have really no idea what time to shoot for i think 2:30 is a good time since it'll be my first one (March 17th) the S.F. one will be my 2nd one but thats in May Im sure that time will come around sooner than we think! :smile:

Meag thanks!! yes I definitely see the progress for sure! And thanks for the delicious recipes i want to try the mango recipe this coming weekend since i forgot to buy mango this past weekend! The soup is very filling and mine was about 311 in calories but i had to add cheese!! :wink: Don't think I've ever tried Kimshi but its sounds yummy! Have fun on your well deserved trip and hope tomorrows Yoga is just as fun and sweaty!! :bigsmile:

Bethany you are so right and I agree with your motto, I do tend to cause a lot of my stress and yes the race should be fun and challenging! Glad you're getting all settled and moving stuff is a workout so you will be getting the best of both worlds!! As far as your sleeping it could be that it's the new place, maybe you're not used to so your body needs to adjust either way hope you get some good rest and Im sure once you get back to your exercise routine you will be sleeping like a baby!! :happy:

Abby Trader Joes could be swamped almost any day of the week at any time lol! That place is ridiculous sometimes! How did you like SF different from Ohio?? I know that race will be challenging so considering that will be my 2nd race I don't plan on beating my PR from this race in March since it's a whole different type of race! My bf eats everything too lol, glad to hear so far the shoes are working out i think they will make a big difference. It did take me 3 pairs to finally find the ones I needed, actually I need some new ones pretty soon I've have put some miles on those suckers, hows your training plan coming along??

AFM I went to the docs today since I started with a sore throat this weekend and it hasn't gotten any better, found out i have a tonsil infection, allergies (which I never had) and possibly asthma so I have to monitor my heart rate when i run next time which will most likely be tomorrow. If aim still wheezy I have to go back to the docs and get an inhaler how exciting :grumble: not really! other than that i feel like **** and hoping to be better sooner than later, i did try Meags recipe but with chicken and it was delicious highly recommend!! Thats it for me ladies planning on doing an easy run and some bootcamp hopefully! until tomorrow have great night an awesome Hump Day! Cynthia! :yawn:
  • lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Cynthia--I hope you start feeling better soon! I know being sick can totally mess up my workout schedule and get me completely off track, so I'm impressed with your ability to still make yourself run and do bootcamp when you're not feeling up to par!

Abby--Going to a legit running store was the best thing I ever did, and I'm not a pronator or suponator (I never spell those right). I'm glad you did it! Shoes can make SUCH a difference!

GuamGrly-- I definitely think unpacking counts as some sort of workout :) I hope getting settled in and back to working out will help you start to sleep better!

Meag--Your food looks great! I'm going to have to try some of your recipes. I've been slacking on cooking lately, so I've been making a lot of protein shakes instead. I get excited about it because I got a new blender for Christmas :) My favorite is just 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt, and 3/4 cup frozen mixed berries! The frozen berries make it really thick and remind me of a real "bad for you" shake!

AFM, I'd like to thank you all for your kind words after my rant! I'm feeling much better emotionally. The semester is in full-swing now, so school is still stressing me out, but such is the life of a graduate student :) I haven't been making the healthiest food choices, but I have been pretty good about logging it. And sometimes even when I make bad decisions, they're still "good enough" to make me come in under my calorie goal (like today for example). I'd like to be working out 5 days a week, but I've been consistently doing 3 days. My dedication will get back up there soon. Also, I'm adding another February goal. I NEED to sign up for a 5k. I don't know why I chicken out every time I want to sign up for one. I can run 2 miles consistently 3x per week. I CAN run a 5k if I push myself. I WILL sign up this month!!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Good morning all :bigsmile: Just a few quick minutes to post before work. Today's going to be a long one, since I am leaving for 3 days vacation and I know that *kitten* will hit the fan while I'm gone, there is a ton of stuff to prepare for my absence. And the office is going to be all over me to rush to finish things before I leave. Heaven forbid anyone pick up some of my work while I'm away.... :grumble:

Anyway! had a really tough run yesterday, and have been really sleeping poorly. Unfortunately I seem to be struggling a lot with my circulation and it's causing me to get pins and needles all down my arms and hands. It's not just numb either, it's actually painful :ohwell: Not too sure what that's about. I may have to call the Dr's office when I get back. Today I am going to take a rest day, as I haven't rested properly since last Monday and need a day off. I am leaving for Austin/Houston tonight around 2am and cannot wait to get the heck out of here! Next time I speak to y'all, it'll be from the South! :bigsmile:

Cynth - So glad you liked the soup! Sounds like you made a fab variation! Mine turned out so filling really held me over for quite a few hours. Just loved it. Will be making it again for sure. And nice to hear that you can appreciate all the progress you've made. You are such a running super-star :bigsmile: Keep it up! No yoga for me tonight unfortunately - I still have loads of packing to do and I need to get a few hours sleep before I leave :ohwell: Next week, hopefully! Have a great weekend, girl!

lili - Do it! Start cooking up a storm, post your recipes to share, and enjoy! I absolutely LOVE my blender and regularly have protein shakes for dinner on days when I just don't have the time/energy to make a meal. Like last night! haha But mine are wayyyy more caloric than yours :blushing: Lots of fruit, spinach, milk, chocolate, PB and protein. Yum! It's like a big 24oz meal :bigsmile:

Abby - Wooot woot! LOVE new shoes! I haven't had any luck with Asics (mine actually are almost brand new and I can't wear them) but I love my Sauconys :bigsmile: I hope your fitting was effective and that the shoes really do compliment your feet. Let us know how they feel! New shoes are always sooo luxurious to run in. I love that feeling, especially when your old stand-bys are worn down and you're running on barely any cushion at all. The difference is so noticeable! And as for kimchi - it's a major pain in the rear to make and it's very time consuming but sooo worth it! I freaking LOVE homemade kimchi! If you've got a spare 3 hours or so, let me know and I'll pass on my recipe :bigsmile:

Guam - So happy to hear you're in a better place now :heart: You deserve it love. And it sounds like your kiddos are doing great. Very glad that you were able to power through all the sh*tstorm of stuff you had to deal with in the last few months and have come out the other side with such a great outlook. Sounds like you're in a much more positive space now. Hallelujah!

Eeek gotta run! Work calls! Love yas!
    Meag
  • kaitthegr8t
    kaitthegr8t Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Well, so far this month I have been doing ok with my goals.

My water is definitely up, and my workouts have been on track.

Had a rough food time with the superbowl, but managed to stay away from beer.

It took me a few days to get back on track, I am hoping everyone is doing well with theirs!

Best of luck all month/journey long :)
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I haven't been around since the start of the month due to a HUGE presentation at work that totally consumed my life up until Monday afternoon. Then I spent all day yesterday trying to tackle a giant pile of work that has been accumulating while I was working on the presentation. Needless to say its been a long few weeks at work but the presentation went fantastic and I am glad that all of my hard work paid off.

In other news, Friday I will be 25 weeks along in my pregnancy and will be going to the doctor for a check up. My weight has been really flucuating and I am not sure if it is water weight from being stuck at my desk and the stress or if the baby is just getting giant because I'm not noticing the changes any where else. And now that I have a few moments to breathe I am determined to get back in the gym even if its just to walk for 30 minutes!

I hope everyone is doing great here and I will try and stay caught up! Miss you!

XoXO
    Megan
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i would love to join you guys if that's alright! I've posted my goal below :)

~Allie7383- PR in my Disney Half Marathon, be under 145, log 5 days a week and drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
    ~Skreal89 - break the 210 mark for the first time in 3 years; run 4 miles without a walking break; burn 6000 calories a week working out; eat all of my daily calories instead of eating low and being hungry all the time.
    ~Catrina9785 - actually finish the 30DS, work on completing my C25K, decrease my muffintop area by 0.5in, lose 5 lbs, start cooking more homemade healthy meals.
    ~courtneymal17-Lose at least 1 lb//week, workout 6 times a week, no fast food, & start running (Long term goal is to run a 5k in november!)
    ~jnbud2002- start working out 6 times a week with P90, drink at least one whole 3 qt ish jug of water while at work, lose at least 5 lbs, and start eating more homecooked meals
    ~adam4life - Swim 3 times a week, Bike at least 3, run at least 4. 3 hours of workouts per day. Push-ups and sit-ups in the morning and at night before bed. Keep up another solid month of no soda and no fast food. TRAIN HARD!!!
    ~Kaitthegr8t- go to the gym M/W/F and walk the park or beach Saturday AND Sunday. Cut carbs and eliminate beer all together. Only go out to eat twice this month :)
    ~strunkm4 - Run 100 miles this month, Lose 5 lbs, eat at least 1,200 calories a day.
    ~miss_amy- hit onederland this month!, lose at least 6lbs, work out 5-6x a week, making sure to get at least 2 arm/back workout days in every week, do more yoga!
    ~monkeypantz - Do some kind of cardio workout 6 days a week, no takeaways/ fast food, track food in MFP everyday, stay within calorie limit everyday
    ~StacyAnn1001 - work out 6 days a week, minimum an hour a day - double works out 3 times a week (cardio on my lunch for 45 mins, circuit training at night for 55 mins), learn how to use weights (this is the goal i didn't complete last month), get down to 120 lb by feb 29 (HAPPY LEAP YEAR!!!!), continue to NOT snack on cheese at home, book a vacation for March to somewhere tropical i can wear a bikini, continue to network on MFP and help support all my new friends on here :)
    ~lilieslosinit- I have one goal that is really important to me. I want to log everything, every day. I'm terrible at holding myself accountable. Other goals include: drinking 8 glasses of water, getting down to 160, and exercising 5 days per week.
    ~abby459 - Run 100 miles in Febuary (will be harder this month, less days and vaca!!) Keep up with my training plan for my 1/2 in April. Hopefully get to 135lbs. And since I have vacation from Feb 25 - March 3, I am making it a goal to work out a minimum of 4times over that week!!
    ~mkingraham (Megan)- stretch, drink at least 64oz of water a day, make heatlhy eating choices, and visit the gym
    ~ moochachip (Emily)- Drink 8 glasses water a day, work out at the gym 3-4 times a week, run 4-5 days a week preparing for 5K in May.
    ~Maridelsol82 (Mari)- Drink at least 10 cups of water a day, weight train at least twice a week, and some type of cardio at least 3 or 4 times a week. Lose at least 4 pounds this month:)
    ~Jessie544- get below "lowest weight" (since I've been dieting) which is 175 (current weight 184.8) AKA lose 10 lbs, continue going to cardio classes and maybe try zumba (big maybe cuz they charge $11 a class!)
    ~Cassi_Eats_Apples- Knock off 5 pounds this month, try a Zumba or Aqua Zumba class. Do more strength training.
    ~Shannonaufman - Eat 1200 net calories; Drink 64 ounces of water on weekdays, 32 on weekends; exercise for 1000 minutes; burn 10000 calories; walk/run 30 miles this month. I wouldn't be devastated if I saw 161 on the scale at the end of the month.
    GreenHumanClay (Cynthia) Continue to train for my 1/2, increase h20, 1-2 days of R&R, eat less than 10% of boxed food items, lose 2 pounds, weight train 3xs/week, sleep more, focus and stay on top of my current school program and enjoy this month more than last!!
    ~Meagalayne- Complete 4 more weeks of ATB training (modified for my travel schedule) including a long run up to 14miles; weight train 2x per week + spin with CrazyCarl on Mondays; Try hot yoga; No weigh-ins after Feb 3rd until post ATB; allow myself to indulge while in Austin, but not to completely derail my progress with food and emotional eating; Start/Finish another novel on vacation.
    ~jublum- workout 4-5 days a week. each of those days include cardio, but each day i need to incorporate 15-20 of strength training which I have been lacking in. Also, to stay on tracking and meet my calorie goal everyday!
    ~lalonmeg000 (meghan) Finish up Insanity, only 4.5 more weeks! Continue eating healthy by grocery shopping 1x/week so I can get fresh fruits and veggies. Do 1 thing this month that is fun, for me just because I am worth it (ie, a new shirt, a pedi, massage etc)
    ~KCrandi-I'd like to fit into size 10 Jeans. BUT the goal I'm setting is to Work out atleast once everyday, as well as drink atleast 8 glasses of water/day.
    ~btor- My goals for this month are to not drink pop, work out a minimum of 5 days a week for an hour each time, and to eat more veggies!
    ~Stylistntenn - My goals this month: to lose 7 lbs, to keep increasing my exercise and treadmill time as I get in better shape, also decrease my diet soda intake and up my water. :) Good luck to everyone!
    ~Alcavin08-My goals for this month are to drink at least 8 glasses of water 7 days a week, be more active, eat more fruits and veggies, and be down in the mid 170's by the end of this month.
    ~clairification-Complete the 30 Day Shred, work out on breaks at work, eat more raw foods and remember to take my vitamins!
    ~GuamGrly (Bethany) - create a meal plan each week, workout 3-4 times per week, keep up with 5K training for the mud run on March 31st, consume no less than 64oz of water per day, up fruit and veggie intake
    ~CaliAliLouise- stick to my meal plan for the month, only eat out twice this month, work-out 6 days a week and get below 175!
    ~Twisted88- My goals for this month are to be under 225 by month's end, to workout at least 5 times a week, and to start bringing my dinner with me Tuesday-Thursday when I have class in the evening (10 out of 13 potential times if possible).
    ~alodell89 - My goals are to drink more water and to work out at least 4 days a week!
    ~ TonnaJai - lose 5 lbs, 6 glasses of water I want say 8 because I am beginning from old habits, use my elliptical Monday through Friday!
    ~melrose09 - run a 10k and get my 5k below 30 minutes. 5 second one arm handstand on EACH side, 4 press handstands in a row, perfect 2 man squat and at least 3 more acro tricks with my partner.
    ~siobhanhannon: workout 5x weekly including at least one pilates class to improve my posture; drink 3L of water a day (regularly not gulping down when I realise its been hours!), lose 8lb to bring me down to 160lbs, think positive and keep at it
    ~kendib - work out 6 days a week, enjoy my rest day, back to going to bed early, lose 6 pounds.
    ~jacksonsarah6 - work out 3 or 4 days a week, drink 6-8 glasses of water every day and finally see the scale move in the right direction!
    -ThisisMiss - Walk at least one hour every day with my DD, get more aerobics/dancing time in at least five days a week, drink more water, eat fewer carbs
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day Lovelies and Gent!!

Abby – I have been in dire need of a HRM for some time now but it just hasn’t been in the budget! Thats why I have stuck to running on the treadmill so long cause I can track my distance, calories burned, and time. I am hoping to get acclamated to running enough on the treadmill so that once I get my HRM, I can hit the trails and try more challenging stuff. I LOVE Trader Joe’s!! Some of my favorite items thereare the pre-made orange chicken and BBQ teriyaki chicken!! What are your favorites?

Cynthia – sorry to hear about the health issues!! My tonsils are HORRIBLE!! I usually get really bad infections at least once a year so I totally feel your pain. And although the inhaler may not be ideal but hopefully it will make you feel better and help your workouts! Hope you get feeling better soon girly!!

Lilie – hopefully you are able to get back to some sort of routine/normalcy so that you aren’t completely overwhelmed with everything!!

Meag – your trip sounds like fun!! I hope you get more of that southern hospitality that you experienced in NOLA!! I am headed to Arizona next month to visit my parents since I haven’t seen them since they moved last July and of course squeeze in some spring training while I’m out there. And I have to agree with you, I feel like I am in a much better place and hopefully you will be next. Now just to get all of those boxes unpacked and out of my room.

AFM...slowly getting things unpacked and situated at home. I decided that I would rather take the time to get things just where I want them instead of throwing things just anywhere and still not being happy with my room. I think I should be settled enough to get started with 5K training on Monday...or maybe even over the weekend. Went grocery shopping and picked up plenty of fruit and veggies. My daughter has even been taking cucumber slices and grapes in her lunch to school everyday. She hasn’t even asked for granola bars or fruit snacks. I am actually very lucky that my daughter is not a picky eater and my son LOVES fruits and veggies!! Hoping to get my meal plans started this weekend. How is everyone’s week coming along?

QOTD (since no one answered the last one, lets try another one) – what is your favorite downtime activity?

I would say that mine is reading!!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I've read but haven't got time to reply, really... Gotta pack and get going! 12 hours to take off :bigsmile:

Welcome Newbs! Make yourself at home!
    QOTD (since no one answered the last one, lets try another one) – what is your favorite downtime activity?

Reading! Mine too - I really need to do more of it - and board games. I'm a sucker for scrabble, or any card games. I am just usually too mentally drained to focus on them these days, unfortunately... :ohwell:

Great question Beth!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Me too!! I'm hoping to make game night a regular occurrence in our household from now on. My daughter loves UNO and she just found my Boggle and was intrigued so its looking good!!

Hope you have a wonderful and safe trip Meag!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!! :drinker:
  • meagalayne
    Options
    I have a feeling we would be great friends in real life, as well Guam :wink:

Thanks girlie! Heading out in 2 hours... For now, a power nap! :yawn:
  • nyfashionista19
    nyfashionista19 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! I'm so glad I stumbled across this group...I have a few friends on here but they're not in the same place as I am (TOTALLY FOCUSED ON GETTING FIT!!) So it's nice to see other fab. 20-somethings with awesome goals set! I'm doing this for my son...so I can be the best and healthiest mommy I can be! :smile:

-ThisisMiss - Walk at least one hour every day with my DD, get more aerobics/dancing time in at least five days a week, drink more water, eat fewer carbs
    -nyfashionista19- Stick with my zumba for wii routine, while incorporating 30 DS starting on the 13th and complete it! Get under the 210 mark(7 lbs.to go!) and take my son for more stroller walks!-weather permitting
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    haha I love board games too!!! Settlers of Catan, backgammon, scrabble.. anything erally.

well one of the best things about vacation is that there is much more time to read!
  • Cassi_Eats_Apples
    Options
    Hey ladies just wanted to update! I finally tried a zumba class, so much fun!!!! Such a workout! This week has been a little rough, we had superbowl sunday and took our 6 year out for Chinese food buffet. I felt so woozy after eatting it, my tummy did not like such garbage food! But I got back on track today and did really well, I got to the gym and did an hour of cardio and some more strength training. Also in exciting news, I've lost another 2 inches from my hips and another 1 from my waist and I'm starting to feel muscle in my arms not just flab! Very exciting!
  • abby459
    abby459 Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Cynthia - I think maybe you got me confused with someone else...but I live in little Delaware. I just spent several months working in San Fran a few years back. But it is very different....we have virtually no hills here!! Even walking through SF gives your legs a burn!!! My training is going OK....kinda took an easy week last week because of my knee and hip pain, but I am back on schedule this week and so far no pain at all!! We will see how I feel after my distance run tomorrow though!!
    And I am sending good vibes your way and hope you feel better!!!

lilie - I agree I think it was worth the 40min drive and the money to get shoes that will stop my knee/hip pain!!! And eating heathly while in school is soo tough...but at least you are staying under cals, thats the best place to start out IMO. Then worry about maing healthier choices later down the road!! And if you can do 2 miles, you can totally do a 5K. I did my first one when I could only do about 2 miles too...the addrenaline will give you that extra push!!

Meag - it does sound like you may need a visit to the Dr. And sorry you arent sleeping well, I deal with that too and it destroys your body and mind!! Hopefully your trip away will help!!

Meg - Glad to hear that things are going good with the bady...and I am sure that the weight is just from the baby growing, especially if you cant see it anywhere else!! I am soo impressed by you still wanting to get your exercise in while preggers!! That takes serious dedication!

Bethany - you will love having a HRM...I think I became obsessed with mine when I got it...it actually made me want to workout more!! So its definately worth the money whenever you have it!! I have only been to trader joes a few times because it is not at all close to my house (about 40mins) so I havent tried a whole lot. But next time I go I will have to try that pre-cooked chicken...I really need some easy, quick foods!! This trip I just bought a few frozen dinners and some rice crackers and soups. Good luck starting your 5k training...you will do awesome!!! I guess I missed your last QOTD, but I will also have to say reading!!!

AFM - Well I have been at a weight stand-still again...scale doesnt seem to want to move this past month. Oh well I guess I wont be seeing 135 before my vacation!! But still excited and will be proudly wearing a bikini.....I cant wait!!! We have a group of 12 going down and it should be a great time!!! And everything is good so far with the new shoes....will be putting them to the ultimate test tomorrow on my distance run....hopefully 10 miles if I am still pain free!!!
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    cynthia- yep the paper dress was a sucess! It thankfully didn't fall off or rip during the performance :) The shakeology was steep but it came in the mail today, so I am going to give a try tomorrow. Hope your throat is feeling better! Are you from SanFran? I am visiting cali in march!

meag- those chocolate pumpkin brownies look awesome! I might have to steal that recipe from you :)

allie- I have always wanted to do the disney princess run!!!! It gives me a reason to dress up like princess jasmine and run around disney :) I hear ya on late nights, I am still in my undergrad, but I know a lot of the grad students in my department and sure looks...fun ;) hang in there!

bethany-yeah i saw something about a tropical flavor or something? I got the greenberry, it just arrived today so I am going to try it hopefully this weekend!Congrats on the move!

to bethany's QOFTD- my favorite healthy meal(s) is disgusing unhealthy meals with healthy alternatives! Like a tofu hotdog with veggie chili on a whole wheat bun and sweet potato fries on the side! That is probably my favorite summer food, I could eat that everyday lol

and then my favorite downtime activity would be crafting, I love to make random things for my room and friends.

abby-thanks, the dress turned out very well! I was super pleased with it. Glad to hear the running shoes worked out, and now I am jelly that there isn't a trader joe's near me! I have to find me of these!

lilie-sorry to hear school has you stressed out, I am in the same boat girl friend! What are you going to grad school for? You can totally run that 5k, go for it!

meg- glad you and the baby are doing well!

AFM: Still feeling crummy just in general. I am going to start this week of insanity over because I only did it monday due to the same stomach bug. Eating has been limited because I have no appetite at all, which I shouldn't say this but, I finally am starting to feel thinner and healthier. I don't think its cause I am not eating much, I saw a pic of me from I guess october and there is definatly a difference from then till now. Still a ways to go, but I am making slow progress. Got into another pair of jeans I hadn't felt comfortable wearing in a while today :)

Tomorrow I am going to do the shakeology 3 day cleanse, its not a liquid diet like most detox which is why I like it. Basically you drink 3 shakes, along with 2 pieces of fruit, green tea, plenty of water and for dinner a sald with your choice of grilled chicken of fish. Idk if I up to a full workout just yet, and beachbody says not to do the cleanse while doing Insanity, so I am going to take the rest of the weekend off to cleanse (hopfully get the stomach bug gone) and then start over Monday with month 2.

Think that is all really, another long weekend ahead and no clear signs of any down time unfortunatly. Making the most of it though so hopefully my weekdays and can a little more stress free and I can really get those workouts in.

QOTD: What is your #1 go to workout song? The song that when it comes on you pick up the pace because it is just that motivatingly awesome! Mine would be anything from Blink-182 or the similar, I usually listen to pop music in my car but a good workout requires a good set of drums :)
  • BoxOfficeTroll
    BoxOfficeTroll Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    -nyfashionista19- Stick with my zumba for wii routine, while incorporating 30 DS starting on the 13th and complete it! Get under the 210 mark(7 lbs.to go!) and take my son for more stroller walks!-weather permitting
    -ser1019 : Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, lose 6 pounds, eat more fruit/veggies, and work out 4-5 days a week for 1-2 hours. Good luck everyone!
  • TonnaJai
    TonnaJai Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So far so good I have gotten on my elliptical every day and stayed under my calorie goal now to work a little harder on my water intake and I hope everyone FEBRUARY is kicking!!! Have agreat weekend...
    -ser1019 : Drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, lose 6 pounds, eat more fruit/veggies, and work out 4-5 days a week for 1-2 hours. Good luck everyone!
  • meagalayne
    Options
    Quick selfish check-in from Austin - also to bump the thread! Where are you folks!??! I leave for ONE day and y'all disappear :tongue: Sheesh!

Yesterday was bananas - I left my house a 2am EST and drove/flew/drove to Austin arriving finally just after 4pm CST. That's 14 hours of travel. On 45 minutes of sleep :yawn: I managed a power nap between 1am and 145 before leaving and that was it! It was a long day. When I got into the hostel I met up with some great travelers my age, I hit up the grocery store for some produce quickly, got showered and ready and then we headed downtown for 6 hours of eating and partying. It was such a long day. I was awake until 3am CST. So that's awake 6:45am EST Wednesday until 3am CST Friday with only a power nap and some winks on the plane. :noway: NUTS!

I ate and drank like a 350lb man yesterday night but it was worth it. Best food and drinks in a long time. Totally vacation binging but I made up for it with a 5.5mi run and 4mi walk this morning :bigsmile: OK so I probably didn't MAKE UP for it. But somewhat! :laugh:

Will have to see what today brings. Hope you all have a fantastic Friday!

Meg - You should absolutely make them - they are totally SIN FREE! And great crumbled over fruit + yogurt for a tasty balanced snack.
    Ser- Welcome! :flowerforyou: Great goals! Happy to have you!
    Tonna- Great work so far! Just keep doing your best on the water front. There's a lot of month left!

:heart: