40 lbs lost. This site helped change my life. Pic

Options

Replies

• eagle_01
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words. I was going to try to reply to everyone but I guess that is just silly. I cannot say enough good things about this site. For extra motivation I wanted to point out I lost 28 lbs in about 90 days. I had lost about 15 lbs over about 6 months before finding this site. My advice to anyone that cares.

1. Keep it simple
    2. Drink tons of water
    3. When unsure - Over estimate calories in and under estimate calories burned.
    4. Don't obsess over the scale. Pick a weigh in day once a week and stick with it.
    5. Most importantly be honest with yourself. Don't pretend the cupcake was only 25 calories.

Congratulations! You look great, and thanks for the top five :)
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    very nice!
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    GOOD WORK!!

I can't get over the fact how much younger and vibrant people look when they shed the extra weight.

So can't wait to have that glow again.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the kind words. I was going to try to reply to everyone but I guess that is just silly. I cannot say enough good things about this site. For extra motivation I wanted to point out I lost 28 lbs in about 90 days. I had lost about 15 lbs over about 6 months before finding this site. My advice to anyone that cares.

1. Keep it simple
    2. Drink tons of water
    4. Don't obsess over the scale. Pick a weigh in day once a week and stick with it.
    5. Most importantly be honest with yourself. Don't pretend the cupcake was only 25 calories.

simple but on point ...

do you really think water was a big deal in all of this? what is "tons" for you??
  • MamaLuvsDJ
    Options
    GREATTTTT look at you looking all good and sexy!!!! Way to gooo
  • berkra
    berkra Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    these are the pictures that make me stay on target
  • Karoline01
    Karoline01 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    wow! great job! thanks for sharing
  • fabulousby45
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! You look so much younger!!
  • hawkeygal
    hawkeygal Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! :-) Excellent work!
  • jweidner33
    jweidner33 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

1. Keep it simple
    2. Drink tons of water

simple but on point ...

do you really think water was a big deal in all of this? what is "tons" for you??

Yes I think water is huge. For me half of the time I thought I was hungry I was actually thirsty. I heard a rumor once that our bodies don't know the difference. So we assume we are hungry and eat. Also drinking 32 oz of water with a meal makes me feel full. Tons for me is anywhere around 200 oz a day. I drink a gallon at work during the day. I pee a lot.

BTW I thought my thread died lol. Thank you so much for the continued replies and compliments. You guys/gals just made my Tuesday!
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    you look so much younger too. Great job!!
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Haha! I've so never done this.... :wink:

Congratulations! You look great
  • MzFreeSpirited
    Options
    congrats. u look awesome
  • littlepint
    Options
    Wow, great job! How did you do it? That's my goal, 40 lbs.
  • blessmy5
    Options
    Congratulations on your success from you dedication and hard work! Bravo~
  • debsocwk
    debsocwk Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You like so great!
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!! Congrats on a great job..you also look so much younger!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Dstdiva01
    Dstdiva01 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Most importantly be honest with yourself. Don't pretend the cupcake was only 25 calories.
    [/quote]
    LOL!!!!
  • raerad7
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Much younger, I bet you feel better too!
  • chachalita8
    chachalita8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    awesome, awesome, awesome!! :) so motivational! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!