For the guys ... is ignoring the best way?

Options
So need some guy advice. A lot of my friends are telling me to ignore the guy I like to give him the option to "chase" me. Is this good advice or as ridiculous as it sounds. lol. If I ignore him, will he not lose interest?

Replies

• ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    It depends on the guy. Some guys like the chase. Some guys like candid.
    -wtk
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Don't ignore him...but don't hang off him either. I just read "Why Men Love B!tches" and it made sense...appear busy, if he wants to go out Wednesday night, ask him if he can do Friday instead because you have blah blah blah to do. Appear independant, not needy.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I'd rather you just bring it on, but that's my personality.

JM
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I prefer direct approach with no game playing. I would assume that if you are playing games now, it will continue, and that would turn me off.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,668 Member
    Options
    Some guys are clueless when someone who actually likes them tries to hint it. It depends on the guy. If he has NO IDEA, then you should at least let him know.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I prefer honesty. I can play games on the Xbox.
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    You should definitely play head games with him so he has no earthly idea what your feelings are.

Certainly, he'll figure out that you ignoring him is your way of saying, "I like you," and he'll respond in kind.

(this is sarcasm)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't try to manipulate him.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    A lot of my friends are telling me to ignore the guy I like to give him the option to "chase" me.

Honestly, I think the last time I did that, I was summarily ignored right back. :noway: :sad: :laugh:

Unless it's Twister, Mah Johng or Scrabble, games are totally not for me.

Be yourself and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    Definitely this (except it's a PS3, not an Xbox).
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I thought it sounded crazy but I have no game so was thinking I was maybe just clueless, lol.
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Letting him chase you is never a bad idea, but you wont try if he doesnt even have a clue that you're interested.

Flirt a little, let him know you brought your trunks to the pool party, then back off and see if he responds.
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You should definitely play head games with him so he has no earthly idea what your feelings are.

Certainly, he'll figure out that you ignoring him is your way of saying, "I like you," and he'll respond in kind.

(this is sarcasm)

Even the last bit? Cause that would confuse me.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Here's the thing, when you're in your 30s, if a guy's not mature enough to put the games aside, he's not worth your time. I say, walk up to him say something like, "Hi. I think you're interesting and I want to get to know you better. Do you want to get together for some coffee or something?" Guys like instructions.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options

Like!
  • GateCrasher1
    GateCrasher1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Some guys are clueless when someone who actually likes them tries to hint it. It depends on the guy. If he has NO IDEA, then you should at least let him know.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Some guys? I'd say all guys (including myself) can be clueless. I think direct is the way to go. Game playing leads to so much confusion, misunderstanding, and hurt.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm not a guy... I am a woman and think playing games is silly. Ignoring someone you are interested in is a sure way to make someone think..... wait for it.... you aren't interested!!
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    He knows I like him ... that is not as issue.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    <---- hates game playing... it sucks.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I ignore the person I like because it's too nerve wracking to actually talk to them.