Options

Replies

• myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    [...]
    go def leopard

On my exercise mp3.

The trick is to move double-time to power ballads.
  • shellie_park
    shellie_park Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everything obviously... that is why it is all coming back in style now, skinny jeans, chuck taylors, neon, flashdance shirts, jelly bracelets, jeans with holes, need i go on.

I love seeing my daughter wearing the same styles i did! it is awesome!!!!

i loved making my own clothes before heading down to campus for a night out at the video arcade. knowing that i could go anywhere without worrying missing a call b/c i just didn't care to stay home to answer it all my friends were with me or knew where to find me.

The music was great!!!! Still enjoying it
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    The music - all of it.
    The dawn of MTV - I loved that "Aha" video, "Take On Me"
    The movies (Breakfast Club was my favorite!).
    Neon tee shirts.
    Grape Fanta soda.
    And being in love with Rick Springfield.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Just scratching the surface...

80s.jpg
    I once worked with a teacher who frequently told me she was jealous that I was from the 80's.
    One day, after she mentioned it again, I said, "Why do you keep saying, that? You were alive in the 80's!"
    She replied, "Yeah, I was alive in the 80's, but you LIVED the 80's."
    True.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    The music!!!!! Still listen to it!! :love:
  • kodibear123
    kodibear123 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ha, Ha, this is funny! The band AC/DC, Trans-Ams, Cameros, Big Hair, Waterbeds :bigsmile:
  • Merc71
    Merc71 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    The music!!!!! Still listen to it!! :love:

XM Hair Nation & XM Boneyard has the BEST 80s hard rock.
  • bademasi
    bademasi Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The jeans with patches sewn all over them. Patches were all over the jeans back then. Oh how much time we spent sewing them. :bigsmile:

12908857.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Definitely the music! The Police, AHA, INXS, Talking Heads, and so much more!
  • paxetamore
    paxetamore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    the best thing about being a teenager in the 80's is never having to leave all those awesome music, movie, and fashion memories behind! yep, still luvin' the 80's... my 20 y/o daughter jokes that i never left, despite outward appearances LOL!

thanks for the great topic, ahhh, i feel among kin :love:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Ha, Ha, this is funny! The band AC/DC, Trans-Ams, Cameros, Big Hair, Waterbeds :bigsmile:

YEP! AC/DC....
    and Billy Squire
    Billy Idol
    Loverboy...
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Oh I loved it. I was a punk so spent a lot of the 80s with a pink/purple/red/blue mohawk. My daily uniform was customised band t-shirt, red and black stripey mohair jumper, leather mini skirt, fishnets and doc martens. Ah bless!

I loved my Sinclair Spectrum 48k; taping vinyl records onto cassette to make mix tapes; backcombed and hairsprayed hair; drinking thunderbird (oh I'd gag now just smelling it) and crimping my hair.

*wallows in nostalgia*
  • katya73
    katya73 Posts: 464
    Options
    The best .. Haha.. I went through a rocker phase .. Wearing denim jackets and loving ozzy osbourne and iron maiden ... Then switched to punk phase .. Mohawk and exploited T shirts .. Thinking Sid Vicous was hot ! ... Then came Bon Jovi .. Haha.. Whom ia secretly loved .. Haha.. Best years of my life !!!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Eddie Van Halen and Randy Rhoads. Girls in Spandex and heels. The "Addicted to Love" Video. Live aid. The Ford RS2000.
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Glastonbury Festival... :flowerforyou:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Mohawks, lace, and combat boots!
  • lovemydrmartens
    lovemydrmartens Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Mohawks, lace, and combat boots!

and these... I had them too....
  • cavemancop
    cavemancop Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    wasn't a teenager yet but still enjoyed things like The Goonies, Karate Kid, roller skating
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    For me, my favourite movie came out in this era - E.T., I still cry now when I watch it *sob*!

I loved my Reebok Pumps (they were £65 - omg, can't believe my folks bought me them).....I got to watch the A-Team, The Golden Girls and Nightrider every week with my Nan, and my favourite tea was burgers waffles and beans!!!

Hysteria (Def Lepaprd), Pyromania (Def Leppard), Tango in the Night (Fleetwood Mac) and Pump (Aerosmith) were my fav albums!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • fiabka
    fiabka Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Absolutely everything - I do count myself lucky to have been a teenager thru the 80's
    & as I am typing this the national radio station is playing AHA, Take on Me - the music is still so popular & re-covered continually so couldn't have been all bad :smile:

LOVE IT :heart: LOVE IT :heart: LOVE IT

& Thanks everyone for your memories put a :bigsmile: on my face this really cold morning