Question for women

Options

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure on what we are referring to by bulky or cut... My husband is generally a big guy, and he's super hot. He's muscular, and he makes me drool! I don't really care for scrawny guys, and I don't like the kind of muscular that gets shown on TV either. I don't go for the hairless perfectly chiseled look, because it makes me wonder how the guy gets so big but doesn't have chest hair.... A man needs to be manly for my level of taste, but any extra steroids or that kind of thing makes the muscles start to look gross and freakish.

There is a competitive body builder that works at my job, and he's not hot at all to me. I don't think he is on the juice or anything, but he works out non stop, and eats stuff like raw meat all the time because he simply can't consume enough protein to keep up with his build. It's kind of gross.

My hubs works out, but he does it for about an hour or so, a few times a week, and he also runs. He doesn't lift all day every day like the body builder guy does.

A little bit of pudge doesn't bother me, but a spare tire does. If a man has boobs and looks pregnant, he's not attractive to me. I don't mind a little layer of fat though. My hubs just lost 50lbs, and I was still plenty attracted to him before he lost the weight... and I still am!
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Just curious, do you prefer a man's body that is extremely cut and slightly less bulky or someone that is more bulky & slightly less cut?

I do like abs a lot on a man--but he doesn't need to be "ripped". Too much muscle is not my thing. More cut, less bulk. I am a petite lady (5'2) after all;)
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Your just right!

Ha ha;)
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    this is super hot, shaky knees hot.

so god only knows.

jack-black.jpg
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I don't think there's a double standard here. Most people want healthy. That's what this is about. I think it's more appropriate to say, it's equal. And this is an opinion question.

There is a double standard on mfp - not talking about only this thread. Women would yell at a man posting a picture of a model because "I want more curves, I actually want to eat, thats a lot of pressure on women" but then if a woman posts a pic of a 6 pack she gets 4 pages of >swoon< as put by another poster
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    Dont really care. I would just like to know he can lift me and take care of me.
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    More bulky. I don't care if a man has a bit of extra fat on him, in fact, I prefer it. I like big guys. I mean BIG like...linebackers.

Yum yum yum.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's a double standard here. Most people want healthy. That's what this is about. I think it's more appropriate to say, it's equal. And this is an opinion question.

There is a double standard on mfp - not talking about only this thread. Women would yell at a man posting a picture of a model because "I want more curves, I actually want to eat, thats a lot of pressure on women" but then if a woman posts a pic of a 6 pack she gets 4 pages of >swoon< as put by another poster

That's a shame then, because men have the same challenges as women. I don't objectify men. My first response was Alive :). I want one that cares, has a heartbeat and loves me. If there was a grocery store where I could choose, I have no idea how I'd make that choice.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I just like a tad bit of cut. Like Adam Levine. He doesn't have a six pack poppin' out, but he's cut in all the right places.
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Just curious, do you prefer a man's body that is extremely cut and slightly less bulky or someone that is more bulky & slightly less cut?

I don't understand the question.

Are we talking skinny but with muscle definition vs. muscles and bulk?

It is hard for me to wrap my mind around a REALLY skinny guy, like one who doesn't eat very much or runs a little too much, if you know what I mean. I like a decent set of shoulders on a man.
  • lozzae85
    Options
    I think men and women are very similar in their 'often wrong' views on what the opposite sex finds attractive. They pick up a magazine and think they have to look like that guy/girl in order to be attractive.

I personally prefer someone with a bit more meat on them. Just an average build not overweight but by no have loads of muscles just toned I suppose not totally defined.

Saying that I think everyone has their own preference. And remember looks are not the most important thing. Some people also like intelligence :)
  • tmarie2715
    Options
    Definitely cut with medium muscles and a low body fat percentage and NOT at all bulky! I'm not into bulky guys at all.

317446_10150299377072653_668552652_8294764_1349657546_a.jpg

This guy is super hot and can pull it off, but any bulkier than this and it's a major turn off for me.

I generally go for guys with a build more like this:
    tumblr_lnc5vkTF6p1qdm701o1_500.jpg

exactly what she said to a T. I'm not into bulky at all either.

100% agree

Now I see what we are talking about. #2 here is way to thin for my tastes.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I seriously don't put that much thought into it...
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    see i think #2 is super hot to.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    That's kinda tough. I would like bulky and cut. But I'm not sure that's what you're asking. Not sure if bulky means chunky in this question.

But I'm sure my man prefers me more cut and less bulky. LOL
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Someone with enough muscle not to drop me and someone with smaller bobbies than me, all that aside someone who is healthy and has a sense of humour is all it takes. In answer to your question, I think you have it about right, not too much cut but just enough bulk.
  • tmarie2715
    Options
    I think men and women are very similar in their 'often wrong' views on what the opposite sex finds attractive. They pick up a magazine and think they have to look like that guy/girl in order to be attractive.

I personally prefer someone with a bit more meat on them. Just an average build not overweight but by no have loads of muscles just toned I suppose not totally defined.

Saying that I think everyone has their own preference. And remember looks are not the most important thing. Some people also like intelligence :)

YES! I think being really cut means long hours in the gym and kind of ridiculous eating / drinking habits, so I wouldn't like to hang out with someone that nuts for very long. I am nuts enough for both of us in terms of food and calories and weighing things out.

I also think being funny trumps a guy with a rocking bod any day of the week.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    This is starting to get amusing. I'd prefer to have a relationship with an intelligent, caring, and insightful man. Sexy comes in many forms!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I prefer when a man looks like he doesn't spend all of his time in the gym, but his body comes from physical work.
    However it's done, that's your secret. Like it's a woman's secret how we're so hairless. :wink:

Aha!!!!! LOVE this! Agree 100%!!!!!!!!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I don't know what the difference is between cut and bulk, but I don't like giant buff guys. Yuck.