Your thighs on cheese... HAHAHA!

Options

Replies

• polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I'd say the thighs of the average cheese-eating French woman would beg to differ with this group's anti-cheese stance. If they can eat cheese and drink wine and still be fit, then so can I. All things in moderation, even moderation itself.

YES! Thank you :drinker:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad when people misspell heroin.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    With the anti smoking thing, they convinced the population that it was horrible for us and disgusting, and stop us doing it. But they didn't stop there, because, quite frankly, what's the fun in that? Then they put hot dogs in "cigarette" containers and told us how horrible they are for us. Now they're doing the same thing with cheese.

I don't really care how bad it is for me, I will continue eating cheese. I will continue eating hot dogs. I will continue using moderation. Everyone knows there's unhealthy stuff in those things but you know, we've been eating cheese for hundreds and hundreds of years, and society still exists.

Extra sharp cheddar? Why I don't mind if I do, thanks!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I find the ad offensive. I am a vegan and I still have cottage cheese thighs.

To whom do I express my outrage at this travesty?
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I eat one cheesestick everyday and have lost weight. Moderation is key. Don't scarf half a block of cheese.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I hope that there are no major health consequences for consuming animals.

Good news! There aren't. We've sort of been doing it since forever..

Yes eating too much can eventually lead to heart trouble or other things, but that's not exclusive to meat. If you think vegans live forever I have bad news to give you.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yesterday eggs were bad for us and now cheese! What will be next.....broccoli? LOL!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The whole thing is a joke IMO. As with all things, moderation.... :smokin:

What about crack??? Ok, so long as it's in moderation?

Sure, why not. Same with drinking. I am not capable of drinking in moderation, but some people can, so they can do it. If you can smoke crack in moderation, then hey, thats great.

Stupid analogy by the way. To compare cheese to crack is beyond idiotic.

All the vegans I know are either addicts or recovering addicts (and please make sure you all pay attention to the part "I KNOW" not all in general) One of them said, yeah, I was a vegan so I could shoot up heroine and look down on people for eating a cheese burger.

I was a vegan or almost twenty years. I Can assure you I never shot up heroine.

I do believe shooting a woman of distinguished courage or ability is a crime. :tongue:
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    As a Wisconsinite, those billboards are offensive.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I hope that there are no major health consequences for consuming animals.

Good news! There aren't. We've sort of been doing it since forever..

Yes eating too much can eventually lead to heart trouble or other things, but that's not exclusive to meat. If you think vegans live forever I have bad news to give you.

I agree that the death rate is 100%. So no "news" there.

So you believe there is no link between consuming animals and heart disease?
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I would probably be eating about 1/3 less if I never ate cheese- it's my hands down favorite food! :laugh: Not a particular cheese (but brie, mmmmmmmm :D) but cheese in general. I'd like to see some hard evidence supported by long term studies by these doctors before giving a hoot about what they're saying!
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese every day. I'm not dying, nor am I getting 'fatter'.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I'm not saying i *never* eat cheese, but very seldom. For this example: Cheese is made from cow's milk. Cow's milk is for baby cows. Why would an adult human need food designed to help a baby cow grow up and be an adult cow? Would you drink a stranger's breast milk? It's meant for baby humans. MILK is not meant to be consumed by adults no matter which'a way you you look at it.
  • DBell28
    Options
    if someone can explain something to me, please do it. Without offending anyone:

I eat clean and most things in moderataion. Life is too short in a sense to ban something like cheese or chocolate or Insert guilty food pleasure here.

That being said, I have an acquaintance of mine who now turned vegan and all she does it gets on her soap box about how much weight she is losing (she is thin to begin with) doesnt eat cheese, only vegetables and carbs and no dairy and works out for 2 hours a day and has seen so much improvement. I cannot understand this concept for the life of me.

I eat red meat maybe once or twice a month, eat lean proteins, low fat dairy, few carbs, and lots of fruits and veggies. Who is right here and who is wrong on the "healthy way to live"?
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese every day. I'm not dying, nor am I getting 'fatter'.

If you're alive, you're dying.
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    The whole thing is a joke IMO. As with all things, moderation.... :smokin:

What about crack??? Ok, so long as it's in moderation?

Sure, why not. Same with drinking. I am not capable of drinking in moderation, but some people can, so they can do it. If you can smoke crack in moderation, then hey, thats great.

Stupid analogy by the way. To compare cheese to crack is beyond idiotic.

All the vegans I know are either addicts or recovering addicts (and please make sure you all pay attention to the part "I KNOW" not all in general) One of them said, yeah, I was a vegan so I could shoot up heroine and look down on people for eating a cheese burger.

I was a vegan or almost twenty years. I Can assure you I never shot up heroine.

I do believe shooting a woman of distinguished courage or ability is a crime. :tongue:

NICE catch and response!!!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I like to put pepperoni on my cheese. I usually don't put my body parts on it...except my hands while I'm stuffing it into my mouth.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Stuuuuupid. I'm an 'everything in moderation' kind of gal ... even some illicit drugs can be a rockin' good time every now and then (not meth, obvs). But comparing heroin or crack to cheese is like comparing ursolic acid to galactose...

I like what the French guy had to say at the end of the article: "Frommage ou dessert" ... cheese or dessert, people .. you don't get both!
  • Zalovar
    Zalovar Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I caught the story yesterday too and thought it interesting, mainly because my family physician has the identical philosophy...he told me once that noone should ever eat cheese because the nutrition in cheese isn't worth the cholesterol and saturated fats that come with consuming it...and most people when they do eat cheese, eat way too much of it. Personally, since I've been tracking my food consumption on MFP, eat alot less cheese now because in my opinion, it's just not worth all those calories and there are many other things I'd rather 'spend' those calories on. I think adapting the 'dessert or cheese' attitude that the French have is probably not a bad way to go...you can either have dessert or cheese, not both.
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    I actually heard the same NPR story, and with regards to the posting about French women (and French in general), NPR actually had a reporter call the French embassy and get in touch with someone concerning the nutrition patterns of the French and their cheese eating. While Americans tend to eat cheese WITH things: on sandwiches, pizza, cooked with pastas, in casseroles, etc, the French eat their cheese separately, at the end of a meal, INSTEAD of dessert. Secondly, the French eat high quality cheeses, not processed ones. So, just to clarify, yes, the French eat cheese, but Americans eat almost 33% more cheese than the French and of a lower quality. Plus, Americans are likely to eat cheese AND dessert instead of seeing the cheese as dessert.

And, another interesting fact from the program, Americans eat nearly 3 times the amount of cheese today than we did in the 1970s.

This. This x1000. Seriously, stop comparing yourself to women in France. I bet your entire lifestyle is different from theirs in general.
This discussion has been closed.