Like We Don't Know This Already!

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the article, but uhhh... isn't liquid, as a rule, flame retardant??

This makes me thirsty for a Coke.

Not all liquids are flame retardant. Gasoline, for example. But certainly plenty of heathy drinks are.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Every day tbh :) No reason not to, unless you like believing all the scaremonger stuff out there.

in all fairness my sister lost her front teeth due to coke, you seen what it does to a coin and we use it to clean the loo, better than any bleach :tongue:

Are you sure she didn't lose her teeth due to poor dental care?

I know someone who had a deviated septum due to coke.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Guess the trick in life is to have everything in moderation right?
    Even too much of a good thing can turn into a bad thing.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have soda occasionally. I like it but I don't buy it because if it's in the house I'll drink it and it's a waste of calories that could be going to food!

If we're going out to eat, I'll usually order a coke or sweet tea and occasionally I'll buy a 20oz on my breaks at work. Once I start drinking it, I crave it more.

My step mom drinks Mountain Dew from literally the time she wakes up until the time she goes to bed, even brings them with her in the car. She has a super fast metabolism though and is tiny, she's just always been that way.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Every day tbh :) No reason not to, unless you like believing all the scaremonger stuff out there.

in all fairness my sister lost her front teeth due to coke, you seen what it does to a coin and we use it to clean the loo, better than any bleach :tongue:

I have a deviated septum due to coke. I knew someone who lost their front teeth due to speedballs.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

It is not scare mongering stuff. These chemicals, preservatives and crap are obviously not good for the body. Too bad people don't care enough about themselves or their loved ones to stay away from this crap.
    Oh please. This is exactly the type of attitude that turns people away from your viewpoint. You're honestly going to suggest that drinking soda means that you don't care about your family? Really? :noway:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options

Deviated septum? I have that...but most people have it. Very common...something that usually happens from birth. Never heard of coke causing that though...
    I can see the coke rotting a persons teeth...mainly because of all the sugar. Too much sugar has that effect... And I think in one can of coke a lone there are like 12 tbsp of suger...yikes!
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Guess the trick in life is to have everything in moderation right?
    Even too much of a good thing can turn into a bad thing.
    You get it! Woohoo!
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Everything causes cancer, heart disease or otherwise f-s you up in some way. Whatever! There are such thing as sodas made with natural indredients that don't have a crap load of chemicals in them so people who drink them have their pick. I drink soda on very rare occasions - it's a waste of 140 calories to me. But that's just me.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options

lol, that's probably a different type of "coke"

Would anyone want to drink soda if it was not flame retardant?
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Deviated septum? I have that...but most people have it. Very common...something that usually happens from birth. Never heard of coke causing that though...
    I can see the coke rotting a persons teeth...mainly because of all the sugar. Too much sugar has that effect... And I think in one can of coke a lone there are like 12 tbsp of suger...yikes!
    Hint: coke vs Coke.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

It is not scare mongering stuff. These chemicals, preservatives and crap are obviously not good for the body. Too bad people don't care enough about themselves or their loved ones to stay away from this crap.

Not everything we eat HAS to be GOOD for us. Pretty much anything in moderation our bodies can cope with. The issues start when we overdo the non-good stuff. If i only ate things there were GOOD for me, id probably have died of starvation by now, or certainly fallen off this wagon and regained the weight. And i think that would be rather unhealthy, no?
    Researchers asked participants to drink either regular soda, milk containing the same amount of calories as regular soda, diet cola, or water every day for six months.

And they didn't say anything else about what to stick to in the diet? Talk about flawed...

I suppose if you not concerned for you health and your future, then what you are saying is true. The human body is not designed to handle chemicals, excess sugar and other toxins. It is stored in the fat cells and eventually will try to be metabolized unless tumor growth happens first.

I don't eat for pleasure any longer. I eat for the fuel that it provides me and that is it. I do savor and enjoy the food I do eat, but non of it is or will ever be again junk food of any kind.

Neither milk nor soda are good for us. I don't consume either. Raw dairy in small amounts in the form of grass fed butter or cream is all I will consume.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Water is a flame retardant too, isn't it?

I tire of these soda-vilifying threads.

If people look hard enough, they will find something bad with everything people eat or drink

And you know what? We're all going to die of something! Life causes death!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    *sips Diet Dr. Pepper trying to wake up and process why there's another thread on this*
  • niightwind
    Options
    ...Really refraining from not going into a lecture full of rage and profanity on why everyone who shouts "GIVE UP COKE! ITS BAD! IT CAUSES THIS AND THIS AND THAT AND THIS" are complete idiots.
    Seriously. Just..just...how does drinking coke mean you don't love you family?
    People these days..:grumble:
  • Mrs_Moe
    Mrs_Moe Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    woohoo! Now I won't spontaneously combust! :drinker:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options

Oh please. This is exactly the type of attitude that turns people away from your viewpoint. You're honestly going to suggest that drinking soda means that you don't care about your family? Really? :noway:

Think what you want. I know people that truly care for their family and themselves will have their family eat, drink and care for themselves in the most healthful manner possible.

I feel so sad for so many people on this website that don't even care what is in the food they eat, the evil corporations they are supporting and you all are only making them richer while you will eventually degrade your bodies.

SMH
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Not everything we eat HAS to be GOOD for us. Pretty much anything in moderation our bodies can cope with. The issues start when we overdo the non-good stuff. If i only ate things there were GOOD for me, id probably have died of starvation by now, or certainly fallen off this wagon and regained the weight. And i think that would be rather unhealthy, no?
    Researchers asked participants to drink either regular soda, milk containing the same amount of calories as regular soda, diet cola, or water every day for six months.

And they didn't say anything else about what to stick to in the diet? Talk about flawed...

I suppose if you not concerned for you health and your future, then what you are saying is true. The human body is not designed to handle chemicals, excess sugar and other toxins. It is stored in the fat cells and eventually will try to be metabolized unless tumor growth happens first.

I don't eat for pleasure any longer. I eat for the fuel that it provides me and that is it. I do savor and enjoy the food I do eat, but non of it is or will ever be again junk food of any kind.

Neither milk nor soda are good for us. I don't consume either. Raw dairy in small amounts in the form of grass fed butter or cream is all I will consume.

And that's why you're better than the rest of us! Well done!
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

I drink Diet Soda, and I still love my Wife. Oh, and I have my front teeth still. Dun dun duuuuun!!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Water is a flame retardant too, isn't it?

I tire of these soda-vilifying threads.

hahahah