Like We Don't Know This Already!

Options

Replies

• Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Unless you hunt, kill, grow or pick everything you eat, you are most likely ingesting chemicals/preservatives every day/every meal.

don't forget hormones and antibiotics, etc.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Every day tbh :) No reason not to, unless you like believing all the scaremonger stuff out there.

It is not scare mongering stuff. These chemicals, preservatives and crap are obviously not good for the body. Too bad people don't care enough about themselves or their loved ones to stay away from this crap.
    Oh please. This is exactly the type of attitude that turns people away from your viewpoint. You're honestly going to suggest that drinking soda means that you don't care about your family? Really? :noway:

Think what you want. I know people that truly care for their family and themselves will have their family eat, drink and care for themselves in the most healthful manner possible.

I feel so sad for so many people on this website that don't even care what is in the food they eat, the evil corporations they are supporting and you all are only making them richer while you will eventually degrade your bodies.

SMH

OOOhh... we're bringing the evil corps in to this now?! McDonalds is definitely trying to sabotage your weight loss, you know.
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Every day tbh :) No reason not to, unless you like believing all the scaremonger stuff out there.

It is not scare mongering stuff. These chemicals, preservatives and crap are obviously not good for the body. Too bad people don't care enough about themselves or their loved ones to stay away from this crap.

Whoa. Lack of knowledge/awareness or even difference of opinion DOES NOT mean people care less about themselves or their loved ones than non-soda drinkers. Come on, now.

If you cared, wouldn't you educate yourself?

I put this in the same boat as people that are too lazy to make sure their kids eat healthy whether at home or at school.

Lack of understanding and education is downright lazy. Being lazy shows signs of a lack of caring.
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    once in a blue moon but i really hate them, they leave my tummy in agony, only when i need a cheap drink really then it ends up being malubu and coke.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Think what you want. I know people that truly care for their family and themselves will have their family eat, drink and care for themselves in the most healthful manner possible.

I feel so sad for so many people on this website that don't even care what is in the food they eat, the evil corporations they are supporting and you all are only making them richer while you will eventually degrade your bodies.

SMH
    Pray for our souls!

Wanna Coke?
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options

Oh please. This is exactly the type of attitude that turns people away from your viewpoint. You're honestly going to suggest that drinking soda means that you don't care about your family? Really? :noway:

SMH

OOOhh... we're bringing the evil corps in to this now?! McDonalds is definitely trying to sabotage your weight loss, you know.

I don't eat Mc Donalds and I am not referring to Mc Donald's and such.

I am talking about the Corporations such as Monsanto and Cargill.
  • allison_joan
    Options

in all fairness my sister lost her front teeth due to coke, you seen what it does to a coin and we use it to clean the loo, better than any bleach :tongue:

or maybe she had dental issues? My mom drinks like 5 cans of diet coke a day and she has perfect teeth. She brushes them.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

SMH

Yeah. I hate my family so I'm giving them processed foods to kill them in the slowest way possible. I want them to suffer for about 75 years before the hammer drops.
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I suppose if you not concerned for you health and your future, then what you are saying is true. The human body is not designed to handle chemicals, excess sugar and other toxins. It is stored in the fat cells and eventually will try to be metabolized unless tumor growth happens first.

I don't eat for pleasure any longer. I eat for the fuel that it provides me and that is it. I do savor and enjoy the food I do eat, but non of it is or will ever be again junk food of any kind.

Neither milk nor soda are good for us. I don't consume either. Raw dairy in small amounts in the form of grass fed butter or cream is all I will consume.

I'm pretty sure our bodies are designed to handle chemicals. Personally, my body couldn't survive without Dihydrogen monoxide on a daily basis.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    Options
    I suppose if you not concerned for you health and your future, then what you are saying is true. The human body is not designed to handle chemicals, excess sugar and other toxins. It is stored in the fat cells and eventually will try to be metabolized unless tumor growth happens first.

I don't eat for pleasure any longer. I eat for the fuel that it provides me and that is it. I do savor and enjoy the food I do eat, but non of it is or will ever be again junk food of any kind.

Neither milk nor soda are good for us. I don't consume either. Raw dairy in small amounts in the form of grass fed butter or cream is all I will consume.

I'm pretty sure our body is designed to handle chemicals. Personally, my body couldn't survive without Dihydrogen monoxide on a daily basis.

We are not talking about water, oxygen, expelling nitrogen and carbon dioxide.

I am talking about lab made chemicals. Stop trying to twist words, you know what I am referring to.
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I respect everyone has a right to do eat/drink what they want for themselves. I don't force my opinion on others, they can do what they want. I don't care.

But for me, I gave up sodas years ago as I personally think they are unnecessary as they do not provide any positive nutritional value.

Now I will only have the occasional gingerale if I'm really sick. But I recognize that's an ingrained comfort item from childhood more than having any health benefit.

I used to love Diet Coke and would drink 1 every day. I used to think that was good when I looked around me and saw so many people drinking 5 or more a day. But at the request of my naturalpath, I cut it out as well. I know have maybe 3 a year tops. And I don't miss it very often.

I mostly drink water and decaf herbal tea. Its what I like, and I don't feel deprived. Its what's working for me.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to drink a little Coke everyday but I just can't. Instead I just wait for my treat day and enjoy it then. Diet does not seem to agree with me and I just don't see the weight loss.
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for your tastebuds loss. :flowerforyou:

Not everything we eat HAS to be GOOD for us. Pretty much anything in moderation our bodies can cope with. The issues start when we overdo the non-good stuff. If i only ate things there were GOOD for me, id probably have died of starvation by now, or certainly fallen off this wagon and regained the weight. And i think that would be rather unhealthy, no?
    Researchers asked participants to drink either regular soda, milk containing the same amount of calories as regular soda, diet cola, or water every day for six months.

And they didn't say anything else about what to stick to in the diet? Talk about flawed...

• niightwind
    Options

SMH
    So you never eat ANYTHING slightly unhealthy? Ever?

Terribly sorry that you have been made upset by as mere mortals, Oh Great And Mighty One.

Seriously :noway:
    jackie-chan-meme.png
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options

SMH

"and will have their family eat, drink and care for themselves in the most healthful manner possible." Wow, talk about a dictator! How about educating them to actually ENJOY their food and drink in moderation? I'm sure they would prefer that over having everything they do/eat/drink dictated to them!

You almost sound like those people feeling sad for those of us that dont believe in God! :O
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options

You found butter that eats grass? Was this at Whole Foods or Trader Joe's?
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    COKE KILLS

I had a friend die from Coke.

He was tipping a Coke machine and it toppled on top of him.

Now I am off to eat some orange chicken from Panda Express.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options

SMH

Please do not feel bad afor me because I DO care, but in all honesty shopping organically at a grocery store is WAY too expensive, farmers markets here only last until about November (If we are lucky) and growing my own food can only take place during the summer and I do not have time to do canning and *kitten*... so I shop where economically fesible which means no orgaincally grown foods... and OMG chemically abused animals... and even better sometimes it is MECHANICALLY SEPERATED because I do not have time to cook so I eat FROZEN meals... and you know what?? I am 100% healthy - other than my weight my blood tests are perfect...

So think what you will about me but do not feel sorry for me.
  • tiffanepiphany
    tiffanepiphany Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks OP for the hot topic!! Reading this thread was entirely entertaining!