OMG 20inch waist!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• runfoodierun
    runfoodierun Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Did everyone miss the part where she is a does CORSET TRAINING. She is not anoreix nor 86 pounds,just because the article says shes 86 pounds does not meant its true,at her height she would look like she just got out of a conncentration camp,she looks skinny but not THAT skinny. Her waist is not natural she trained it that way,just like some women bind their feet or stretch their necks.
    seriously people do you also belive elvis lives in south carolina as a transvestie waitress just because it was once printed in a paper?
    When I was in my 20's at one point I weighed 80 lbs and I was 5'4" and I looked very similar. Oddly enough, I would wear waist cinchers and the like to make my tiny waste even smaller. I was very sick in mind and body.

elvis? transvestite? SC? I'd like to see this.... :) and i did not read the article. Just reacted. Still to thin. Thank you though, for a further explanation.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I will admit I was about....to defend the 20 inch waist girl. Until I saw the picture. It looks like she had the bottom part of her ribs removed.
    I have a friend who has serious thyroid issues. She fluctuates from hypo to hyper. She can not get her weight over a buck to save her life. (Literally) There are those out there that face this type of problem. We can jest we wish we had that kinda problem, but it is pretty serious.
    Now, back to the girl in this photo, she is not healthy. Something is either altered in that picture of she has had internal organs removed. It is almost not possible. AND shame to whatever publication gave her fame for that waist. SHAME!

she does waist training,it is no more unhealthy than feet binding or neck streaching or any other form of body modification
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've googled and seen her nekkid and lingerie pictures. She's not quite concentration camp, but not far from it. You can see her femur. http://www.yousaytoo.com/ioana-spangenberg-woman-with-wasp-waist/1854490 (lingerie, no nudity)

Her 20" waist looks to be that size without the corset. It looks proportional to her hips when she's not wearing it. I had similar measurements in my early 20s (22" waist* and 32" hips) but at 5'5 and ~105# I was too skinny, but not count-every-bone skinny.

For comparison, Dita Von Tease has a 22" waist that can be cinched down to 16.5" and looks phenomenal.

* I was really proud of the Scarlett costume I made when I was 21 years old and it had a 22" waist, same as Vivien Leigh, but I didn't wear a corset. I wish I had a photo in it.

Yep, without the bandage dress, she does look pretty a-okay...
    Let's not jump to conclusions here... :-)
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    Everyone is free to have their hobbies and interests, such as corset training.... however. Anatomically speaking (science nerd here), that is NOT okay or safe for her organs. You know, the things that are supposed to keep you alive? The human body is meant to have a specific inner structure for all of your vital organs, and this would totally screw with that. To the point where I'd be worried about inflammation from them rubbing against each other constantly from lack of proper space. Oi vei.

You can shrink fat around your body, but you can't make your organs smaller...
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Did everyone miss the part where she is a does CORSET TRAINING. She is not anoreix nor 86 pounds,just because the article says shes 86 pounds does not meant its true,at her height she would look like she just got out of a conncentration camp,she looks skinny but not THAT skinny. Her waist is not natural she trained it that way,just like some women bind their feet or stretch their necks.
    seriously people do you also belive elvis lives in south carolina as a transvestie waitress just because it was once printed in a paper?
    When I was in my 20's at one point I weighed 80 lbs and I was 5'4" and I looked very similar. Oddly enough, I would wear waist cinchers and the like to make my tiny waste even smaller. I was very sick in mind and body.

elvis? transvestite? SC? I'd like to see this.... :) and i did not read the article. Just reacted. Still to thin. Thank you though, for a further explanation.

The elvis thing was in the weekly world news once.
  • Kaddyshack21
    Kaddyshack21 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    So I googled her. I will admit I haven't read all of this thread so i may be repeating some info here.

There are pic with her in a corset (creepy in my opinion) there are pics without a corset looks quite a bit better. The proportions between her chest,waist, and hips while considerable look a lot better without the corset. There is a least some kind of smoothness to it.

The thing that bothered me though is that I read in one of the articles is that she wants to train to get even smaller. She is currently at 40 cm and wants to get to 33 cm. She is now going for Guinness Book of Records. So to me this is now all about her "15 minutes"

It's just sad to me. I hope that she is still taking care of her health in all of this.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    A 20 inch waist isn't that hard to have if you are a small framed girl. my friend has a 21 inch waist, and 27 inch hips.

The only reason this girl looks so "unhealthy" is because of how big her hips are. If her hips were 26 inches she would look perfectly normal.

If she had 26" hips, she'd be the ideal size for a six year old child. Most six year old children are not 5'6".

Everyone is built differently. My friend that has the 21" inch waist is 5'6". She looks very healthy, shes just small.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    A 20 inch waist isn't that hard to have if you are a small framed girl. my friend has a 21 inch waist, and 27 inch hips.

The only reason this girl looks so "unhealthy" is because of how big her hips are. If her hips were 26 inches she would look perfectly normal.

If she had 26" hips, she'd be the ideal size for a six year old child. Most six year old children are not 5'6".

Everyone is built differently. My friend that has the 21" inch waist is 5'6". She looks very healthy, shes just small.

The 20" waist isn't what concerns me, even though it's obviously much smaller than that when in a corset. A waist that's 10-12" smaller than one's hips is normal. Suggesting that her 32" hips are "wide" is what strikes me as extreme, and even more extreme is saying she'd look "normal" if she had 26" hips. That's the hip size of children's clothing in a size 6.
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I saw that in the news earlier and had to look away. Stuff like that makes me lose my appetite.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I'd prefer to have extra weight than look like that.

There's another lady here that you can see from her thighs is definitely not underweight ;-) but she has corset-trained her waist down to 15 inches over years and years of training:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcDlcYQmkdo&feature=related
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    Look carefully at the picture. She is wearing a corset under that dress. Regardless of what she says, she chooses to look like this.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    THATS CRAZY. she has a nice *kitten* though. :3
  • Katefab26
    Options
    I will admit I was about....to defend the 20 inch waist girl. Until I saw the picture. It looks like she had the bottom part of her ribs removed.
    I have a friend who has serious thyroid issues. She fluctuates from hypo to hyper. She can not get her weight over a buck to save her life. (Literally) There are those out there that face this type of problem. We can jest we wish we had that kinda problem, but it is pretty serious.
    Now, back to the girl in this photo, she is not healthy. Something is either altered in that picture of she has had internal organs removed. It is almost not possible. AND shame to whatever publication gave her fame for that waist. SHAME!

she does waist training,it is no more unhealthy than feet binding or neck streaching or any other form of body modification

Wait, what? Are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...foot binding became illegal because of how unhealthy it was. When they went around unbinding women's feet, they were just blackened, rotten stumps. Women who wore corsets to achieve the "wasp-waisted" look ended up severely unhealthy because their internal organs were moved around to the wrong places in their bodies. If people remove the rings to stretch their necks after a certain point, they die, because their neck can no longer support their head.

This is crazy. I understand not wanting to judge, but this has gone too far...
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    my thigh is bigger than her waist haha!

Mine too, and I only weigh 122, so I'm certainly not obese by any means.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Misplaced organs, rotten foot stumps, and heads falling off. Sounds healthy to me!

Wait, what? Are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...foot binding became illegal because of how unhealthy it was. When they went around unbinding women's feet, they were just blackened, rotten stumps. Women who wore corsets to achieve the "wasp-waisted" look ended up severely unhealthy because their internal organs were moved around to the wrong places in their bodies. If people remove the rings to stretch their necks after a certain point, they die, because their neck can no longer support their head.

This is crazy. I understand not wanting to judge, but this has gone too far...
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    That's like saying the woman who wants to eat her way to 115 stone because she feels sexy and comfortable about her obesity is "healthy" - there isn't anything healthy about it. You're forcing your organs to move either up or down to accommodate this "body modification."
    This is probably closer to the case with the lady this thread is all about. I feel badly for her, as I do for the woman who wants to weigh over 114 stone (approximately 1,600 pounds). It isn't about judgement or being disrespectful. It's about feeling badly for a person who so clearly has such an opinion of herself to think it desirable to sacrifice her health for some form of approval or social acceptance.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Isn't the Sun a tabloid rag? Kind of like the Enquirer or the Examiner? I wouldn't put too much stock in that photo. Unless there's an actual news story on it, I say Photoshopped.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    My friend eats a lot but last year she was only 73 lbs at 5' 4.....just genetics though lol.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Ok, so maybe not photoshopped, because I saw a video of her, but definitely altered with a corset. I don't believe the bull that she's been trying to gain weight all of her life. If that were true, she wouldn't wear corsets and go through corset training to deform her figure that way. Naturally thin, fine. Grotesquely altered, no way. :noway:
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    My skinny 10 year old son has a 23" waist...
    He's a prepubescent boy.
    I mean I'm pretty lean and look emaciated if I let myself go but that lady...that's just too much. I'm always a defender of sorts of us bony chicks..but holy crap.