Fat Burners...what's hot, what's not???

Options
Hey MFPs!

I am a fan of Oxy Elite Pro and have been successful with it for the past few months. However, I would like to try something different to avoid my body getting use to Oxy. I am open to suggestions on other fat burners to compliment my well balanced diet and exercise regiments.
Do u have any suggestions on other over-the-counter products that delivers...increased metabolism, increased energy, suppressed appetite, and subcutaneious fat burning? :explode: :explode: :explode:

Oh and if you are against fat burners, thanks for reading the post, but please save your energy and avoid replying! :blushing:

Thanks!!!

Replies

• shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I had success with first bottle of Capsiplex I got last June. I thought I was only meant to take it before exercise cos it says on bottle take 30-60 mins before exercise and it gave me energy for 2 hr workouts! I was 2 stone overweight too so weight and inches dropped off fast!

The second bottle must have been faulty or a copy (got both off eBay) they're meant to be coated but my tongue was hot as soon as tablet touched it and shortly after swallowing it, it caused such severe burning in stomach and throat it make me sick. (the first lot never did this!)

So had to throw them away, eBay seller disappeared as soon as I complained so never got money back, so I daren't risk buying anymore at £30-£40 a bottle!

I lost more weight since stopping them but I never lost any more inches after initially dropping 13" off tummy and 7" off waist, as I can't manage 2 hrs constant cardio without them!
  • snowkid03
    Options
    the only thing fat burners make thinner in the long run is your wallet.

fueling your body properly, continuing to work out, and on occasion a cup of coffee or green tea to get you going should be enough. fat burners burn such a negligable amount of calories you are better off just not using that pat of butter...
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Cardio, strength training, and clean eating are great fat burners!

;)
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    the only thing fat burners make thinner in the long run is your wallet.

fueling your body properly, continuing to work out, and on occasion a cup of coffee or green tea to get you going should be enough. fat burners burn such a negligable amount of calories you are better off just not using that pat of butter...

Thanks for your input, but I guess you ignored my disclaimer to not reply if you are against fat burners...smh!
  • msnewbootie
    Options

;)

Thanks for your input, but I guess you ignored my disclaimer to not reply if you are against fat burners...smh!
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I had success with first bottle of Capsiplex I got last June. I thought I was only meant to take it before exercise cos it says on bottle take 30-60 mins before exercise and it gave me energy for 2 hr workouts! I was 2 stone overweight too so weight and inches dropped off fast!

The second bottle must have been faulty or a copy (got both off eBay) they're meant to be coated but my tongue was hot as soon as tablet touched it and shortly after swallowing it, it caused such severe burning in stomach and throat it make me sick. (the first lot never did this!)

So had to throw them away, eBay seller disappeared as soon as I complained so never got money back, so I daren't risk buying anymore at £30-£40 a bottle!

I lost more weight since stopping them but I never lost any more inches after initially dropping 13" off tummy and 7" off waist, as I can't manage 2 hrs constant cardio without them!

Thank for the info...I luv ur first month results, but am skeptical on going that route, if I can't be guaranteed an authentic bottle! But, again, thanks!!!
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

;)

And just in case you throw in your disclaimer again, I'm not against fat burners (other than the above!:bigsmile: ) but I am against any serious waste of money! Good luck with your weight loss journey!:flowerforyou:
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    :blushing:
  • kateroot
    Options
    Sorry, but cardio, strength training, and clean eating ARE fat burners. Anything else is literally throwing money away. Do what you want, but I'd suggest you do some research. Don't you think if "fat burners" worked, no one would be fat? And if you've been around this site for any length of time, you should already know that these forums are not very diet pill friendly.
  • msnewbootie
    Options

;)

And just in case you throw in your disclaimer again, I'm not against fat burners (other than the above!:bigsmile: ) but I am against any serious waste of money! Good luck with your weight loss journey!:flowerforyou:

Me too...I am all for saving money! I just don't see a fat burner as a waste of money...especially when my CP and his colleagues, who are all natural body competitors, use fat burners regularly, to compliment not supplement their exercise journey!
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options

;)

couldn't agree more

dont waste money on snake oil!!!
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but cardio, strength training, and clean eating ARE fat burners. Anything else is literally throwing money away. Do what you want, but I'd suggest you do some research. Don't you think if "fat burners" worked, no one would be fat? And if you've been around this site for any length of time, you should already know that these forums are not very diet pill friendly.

^^^That^^^

Good Luck to you with your journey.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I always heard good things about Hydroxycut. Haven't tried it myself but plan to after I finish my bottle of SlimQuick.
  • msnewbootie
    Options

Not true...some work, some don't...but everything isn't for everybody! So in my TonyTiger voice, "there is no one magic pill that will cure fat!" But, there are some aids to assist the process! And, trust I avoid all quick fixes and lean more toward the natural side of things, where I work hard at what I accomplish!
    And, one thing I love about MFP is that we are all different...so no the forums are very flexible and open, and do not just cater to those against diet aids!
    And, yes I have been on here for a while and all that I ask is for people to keep it moving if it doesn't apply, oppose to wasting energy typing a response that will not be considered by the person asking the initial question! Muahhhhhh
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I always heard good things about Hydroxycut. Haven't tried it myself but plan to after I finish my bottle of SlimQuick.

How are your results with Slim Quick?
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    I don't see why people need to throw curve balls on a thread like this. If you don't believe in fat burners then go vent about it in your blog. The title of this thread is about fat burners, not asking advice on what you believe in
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

How are your results with Slim Quick?

So far all it's done have curved my appetite, which is what most reviews say as well. I haven't notice much on the fat burning side though.
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    thermo-burn XTR are a good fat loss supplment, I do agree natural sources are the best but I have no issues with people including it in there diets, My friend struggled with his metabolism and was naturally slow, he took thermoburn and it really did improve his performance and fatloss, there is no caffine in these either witch is good too as alot of supplemts include it
  • kateroot
    Options
    I don't see why people need to throw curve balls on a thread like this. If you don't believe in fat burners then go vent about it in your blog. The title of this thread is about fat burners, not asking advice on what you believe in

Good luck in your journey. Be sure to let us know in a couple years if the weight you lose with SlimQuick stays off.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It's a public forum. Conversely, if people don't want to hear differing points of view, they could create a group or go to a diet pill forum.

Sometimes, when people reply to a thread, it is to help the people who are reading it, but not necessarily posting in it. Freedom is wonderful, isn't it? :smile: