Fat Burners...what's hot, what's not???

Options

Replies

• mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    msnewbooty ... when you're asking for help and opinions etc it would probably work out best to not be mean to people and put them down when they post something you don't want to hear. Granted you did ask for those people not to post however they did as they have the right to express their opinions. You don't need to be putting them down by saying things like they didn't pass ENG 101.

Mommyx3... have you read the terms of this website? You cannot sell your own products to people here.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say I would have never guessed that you are 32.
  • mallory3411
    Options

Agreed!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My trainer and nutrionist recommends ON Thermal Cuts. I have a few weeks of Oxy Elite Pro I'm going to finish up then moving to Thermal Cuts.

Get a new trainer and nutritionist, as that stuff is garbage. It's main ingredient is HCA which while shown to be possibly effective in mice, it has been shown to do nothing in humans

Is this a fact or an opinion? Um....I think opinion!
    Thanks kiddo!

Chronic (-)-hydroxycitrate administration spares carbohydrate utilization and promotes lipid oxidation during exercise in mice. J Nutr 2000, 130(12):2990-5.
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/130/12/2990.long

-)-Hydroxycitric acid does not affect energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in adult males in a post-absorptive state. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1999, 23(8):867-73
    http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.ijo.0800965

Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. Jama 1998, 280(18):1596-600
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/elink.fcgi?dbfrom=pubmed&cmd=prlinks&retmode=ref&id=9820262

Effects of (-)-hydroxycitric acid on appetitive variables. Physiol Behav 2000, 71(1-2):87-94
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/elink.fcgi?dbfrom=pubmed&cmd=prlinks&retmode=ref&id=11134690
  • mallory3411
    Options
    My trainer and nutrionist recommends ON Thermal Cuts. I have a few weeks of Oxy Elite Pro I'm going to finish up then moving to Thermal Cuts.

Get a new trainer and nutritionist, as that stuff is garbage. It's main ingredient is HCA which while shown to be possibly effective in mice, it has been shown to do nothing in humans

Thanks kiddo!

Chronic (-)-hydroxycitrate administration spares carbohydrate utilization and promotes lipid oxidation during exercise in mice. J Nutr 2000, 130(12):2990-5.

-)-Hydroxycitric acid does not affect energy expenditure and substrate oxidation in adult males in a post-absorptive state. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 1999, 23(8):867-73

Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial. Jama 1998, 280(18):1596-600
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/elink.fcgi?dbfrom=pubmed&cmd=prlinks&retmode=ref&id=9820262

Effects of (-)-hydroxycitric acid on appetitive variables. Physiol Behav 2000, 71(1-2):87-94
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/elink.fcgi?dbfrom=pubmed&cmd=prlinks&retmode=ref&id=11134690

If these were proven to be safe for humans and that they worked in humans they would be FDA approved... which most are not.
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    To all: I simply asked for Fat Burners to COMPLIMENT my fitness journey, not supplement my fitness journey!

Before, you make suggestions to eat healthy, know all of the facts:

I complete 5-6 workouts per week (varying degrees of HIIT cardio, strength training, circuit training, speed weight set)
    I calorie count and stay within my suggested means
    I eat a well balanced diet
    I honor "cheat" days to shock the metabolism
    I consume min 100oz of H2O per day
    I am guided by my BFF who has won the 2011"Mr. Natural Philadelphia" Bodybuilding Championship
    ...and I have been dropping inches and pds since July of 2011.

So, I know my stuff and am open to learning more...but, again this forum was intended to learn more about diff fat burners, not to debate with those against!
    Some of you have valid points, but this is not the right thread for them!
    Consider this: If this thread was about being a vegan and sampling out different vegan foods, would it be ok for an onmivore to comment on why I should eat meat?

Have a nice day people and be blessed!
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    To all: I simply asked for Fat Burners to COMPLIMENT my fitness journey, not supplement my fitness journey!

I complete 5-6 workouts per week (varying degrees of HIIT cardio, strength training, circuit training, speed weight set)
    I am guided by my BFF who has won the 2011"Mr. Natural Philadelphia" Bodybuilding Championship

So, I know my stuff and am open to learning more...but, again this forum was intended to learn more about diff fat burners, not to debate with those against!
    Consider this: If this thread was about being a vegan and sampling out different vegan foods, would it be ok for an onmivore to comment on why I should eat meat?

• msnewbootie
    Options
    msnewbooty ... when you're asking for help and opinions etc it would probably work out best to not be mean to people and put them down when they post something you don't want to hear. Granted you did ask for those people not to post however they did as they have the right to express their opinions. You don't need to be putting them down by saying things like they didn't pass ENG 101.

Mommyx3... have you read the terms of this website? You cannot sell your own products to people here.

Good point! They were rude to ignore my disclaimer, so u reap what u sow!
    But, what was I trying to sell?????? U lost me...
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    You are obviously doing well enough on your own and putting a lot of hard work into what you're doing. Why in the world do you think you need to pop pills?
  • msnewbootie
    Options

Pssssh that chick was being a rude *kitten*. I would have smarted off, too.

Thanks Lovebug
  • msnewbootie
    Options

Cool! A compliment indeed!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

If these were proven to be safe for humans and that they worked in humans they would be FDA approved... which most are not.

Not quite, dietary supplements were spared by law of the stringent rules of the FDA, for instance creatine is safe and effective but not FDA approved
  • msnewbootie
    Options

Thanks kiddo!

Interesting facts from over 10yrs ago...but I will be sure to avoid them! Thanks
  • TamsinEllis
    Options

Sorry stalking this thread (was actually seeing if you'd replied to what I've posted which you have :D) but they weren't saying you were selling stuff, Mommyx3 (the one who wrote all in capitals) was advertising her products to you which is against the terms of service, hope that helps :)
  • msnewbootie
    Options

• msnewbootie
    Options
    You are obviously doing well enough on your own and putting a lot of hard work into what you're doing. Why in the world do you think you need to pop pills?

I don't feel I need to...I just know that some of them can help with enhancing my efforts! I am open to trying new things that will help me help myself! Meaning, I am against quick fixes and against anything that will do all of the work for me! I take pride in sweating and making healthy food choices!
  • msnewbootie
    Options

Sorry stalking this thread (was actually seeing if you'd replied to what I've posted which you have :D) but they weren't saying you were selling stuff, Mommyx3 (the one who wrote all in capitals) was advertising her products to you which is against the terms of service, hope that helps :)

Oh ok...that last line was to her! Oops...I get it now!
  • mallory3411
    Options

Pssssh that chick was being a rude *kitten*. I would have smarted off, too.

Sorry, I guess being rude can't be met with being rude. The original poster is not responding to some responses in a polite way so rude is to be expected sometimes. And before the original posters says it, yes I realize there was a "disclaimer" however as many have said, this is a public forum. Go somewhere else if you don't want people to say their opinions.
  • mallory3411
    Options

Cool! A compliment indeed!

Not sure either of us meant it as a compliment but you can interpret it anyway you'd like.
  • AmbitionStrong
    AmbitionStrong Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My favorite fat burner is..... FAT. I eat about 70% of my calories as dietary fat, so my body is always primed for burning fat! I am a fat burning machine!!!