pushups challenge

Options

Replies

• Quarrysider
    Quarrysider Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Wow, quarrysider, that's an amazing improvement! Very well done!

Cheers Meerkat *smug face* :bigsmile:

Just finished W3D1 (column 2), and the last 18 were very hard, might be repeating this day before I go on to d2.
  • sarah692
    sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to trying this out tomorrow :)

I can't even do one real push up though, so I don't think it's going to be the most pleasant experience getting through this. lol
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone who's started just recently!

For my part, W3D1 is done (again)! And since it's my second time through this week, I decided to be absolutely sure I was taking it slow and with good form. This is tough! But I AM making progress.

I hope you're all hanging in there! No matter where you are, or how long it takes you, just keep going! I'm tellin' ya right now, no matter what, even if I have to repeat each week five times, I'm gettin' to 100! :)

Thanks again, meerkat70, for rallying us all into doing this.
  • EastCincyDad
    EastCincyDad Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome to everyone who's started just recently!

For my part, W3D1 is done (again)! And since it's my second time through this week, I decided to be absolutely sure I was taking it slow and with good form. This is tough! But I AM making progress.

I hope you're all hanging in there! No matter where you are, or how long it takes you, just keep going! I'm tellin' ya right now, no matter what, even if I have to repeat each week five times, I'm gettin' to 100! :)

Thanks again, meerkat70, for rallying us all into doing this.

Agree on all points. It does help reading how others are doing.

Did W4 D3 last night. 42 on last set. Form wasn't as strict as usual, but touched every time. Elbow and shoulder have still been a bit sore day-to-day, but felt fine during and still feeling OK today - maybe the left wing is finally healing.

Week 5 looks pretty tough. Peeked ahead at week 6 too. Lots of sets...
  • Quarrysider
    Options
    W3D1 repeated, 21 for last set this time, much happier so will move on to D2 next. Wrists are a bit crunchy though :ohwell:
  • mattpusateri
    mattpusateri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm doing this again.

Tried it twice before and always fell a little short... A couple years ago I peaked at 82 straight, but didn't get beyond that... Back to square one now, starting from Week 3... I love that this is now very app-friendly and easier to do that before...

Good luck to everyone else trying this... Be prepared for some ups and downs -- sometimes you may need to re-do weeks before you can advance, but even if you fall short of 100, it's a great workout and you'll see the difference in your arms and shoulders quickly...

- Matt
  • kaybrose730
    kaybrose730 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    BUMP, I think i want to try this!
  • CS4Throw
    CS4Throw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Arriving late to the Party, but I'm game. W1D1

I tried this 2 years ago and hit a plateau on week 4 or 5.

Will do better this time !
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I got side tracked and started when I started on week (3). I took the 1st run as a trial run. Now I am back on board and I completed Week (3) Day (1) I did (4) sets of 12 and my (5th) set I maxed out at 23! Now the secret is to continue my efforts. Good Luck Everyone :)
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    OMG week 4 is EEEEEEEVIL....was cursing the whole way though...

W4 D1 18, 22, 16, 16, 26

Also the bottom of the palm near the wrist (like the heel of your hand) is REALLY starting to hurt now I'm doing longer sets...anyone know how to reduce the pressure/avoid this or is it something I need to get used to?
  • Quarrysider
    Options
    I'm getting the same thing with my wrists Penny, so hope someone has some tips!:happy:

W3D2 done, pretty hard again (the last 21 were MURDER), so I'll repeat this day too before I move on.
  • nixnax
    nixnax Posts: 42
    Options
    I've only just come across this and will be starting it during my gym workout tomorrow. I couldn't do any 6 months ago, but I have trained myself to do 8-10 per session. so I will be starting on column 2 :)

Watch this space.
  • robpett2001
    robpett2001 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Crud, I missed a couple days, but I'm back in the game and completed W3D2 with 28 on the last set. I agree with penny_eclipse, this is evil...but I can tell I'm making progress, slow as it is. And it looks like there are a lot of you making good progress, too!
  • nixnax
    nixnax Posts: 42
    Options
    Week one day one for me today.
  • CS4Throw
    Options
    W1 completed !!

Come on, Push- UP !
  • CS4Throw
    Options
    try pulling your hands back closer to your chest to even out the pressure on them
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    To remove wrist or palm strain, you can do them on your knuckles or gripping either side of a swiss ball.

Seriously though, try moving your hands to different distances apart to reduce the angle at the wrist during the exercise. You could do them with your hands on a yoga/exercise mat or folded towel to cushion your palms.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Or press-ups with your hands on dumbbells or kettlebells (12kg minimum) also removes wrist strain and increases range of movement.
  • Quarrysider
    Options
    W3D2 done again with 23 on the last set - still VERY hard but I was very pleased with my form throughout :smile:
    I do find my wrists are better if I have my hands slightly wider apart than usual, but that seems to make the push-ups easier and is kind of cheating! I was on a very hard surface today instead of squashy carpet, and that seemed to help the wrists a bit - having straight wrists would be ideal I think, but they aren't strong enough yet to go on my knuckles. Thanks for the tips though :happy:
    Off to sneak a look at the horrors of D3!:wink:
  • penny_eclipse
    penny_eclipse Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    W4 D2, 20, 25, 20, 20, 29...and it almost killed me.
    Think I'm going to have to repeat this week next week as it's so hard.