T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ Week 9 ~ 4/2-4/9

Options

Replies

• lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Welcome yari!!! We weigh in on Fridays -but only if you want to - otherwise we are here to support each other, share information, offer challenges, and just in general - to get healthy together!

Glad you're here - it's a gooooood team:bigsmile:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Jaime... I wear my HRM all the time and it has a timer in it. When Im not using it at the gym, I set the timer to 2 1/2 hours after I eat so when I get busy it will beep at me to remind me to eat something. Seems to work good for me. Im ok when Im not doing much of anything, but get me busy and I can go all day without eating, which isnt good! Before I got the HRM.. I used the alarm on my cell phone. :laugh:

Jamie yeahthat.gif

Because that is what I do....I am really scared that Li4g and I were separated at birth. She finishes my sentences all the time and we've never even met.....:wink:

LOLOL CM....if thats the case... Im the good twin...:bigsmile:

Twins...we can't be twins, we are different ages...I'm Gemini, though - I suppose you are too?
    I'll be the thin twin:devil:

Nope, Im a Leo.. LOL.. but my hubby is a gemini and I have a gemini & Leo tattoo on my shoulder.

Thin twin:noway: :laugh: see... I knew she was :devil: :devil: :devil:

HA!

Yikes. My mom was a Leo.Hiding-2.gif

My dad was a Gemini, though, so we ganged up on her :happy:

I'm a Cancer - I'm here to keep the peace between the two of you!! I WILL pinch the first one that gets out of line!!:glasses:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i would love to join your group...could u please tell me what i have to do.

My name is Yari, I am a 28 year old from NYC, i have two beautiful kids ages 13 and 8. I saw that the 200 sit up challange was mentioned and i started that challang today....i love it..I am also doing couch to 5 k (on and off)..

I look foward to be a part of your group

:heart: :heart: Yari :heart: :heart:

Yari **POOF** you're in! We are glad to have you! I'm doing the "Couch to 5k" myself. I just started this week, I was jog/walking anyway, but with no structure, and I LOVE structure. Some crazy ones here are doing the 200 Situps Challenge. I go on and off with the 100 Pushups Challenge. I need to get back "ON" right away. "Pushups are Hard" is my general excuse....:ohwell:

So Welcome:flowerforyou: - I'll send you the link in a "message" - it will be in your "Mail."

cmr
  • cmriverside
    Options
    wuwu - pinch Li4g, I bruise easily, and anyway, her bottom is already sore, and SHE STARTED IT. CrossedArms.gif
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    good evening Team...

I am still working hard around the house.. I never use to have to get up and make the kids lunches and breakfast.. my mother and father use to do it ... Now they still live with us but in the other side of the house and the kids asked me to do it.. so I have been getting up every morning at 5:30 packing their lunches and making them breakfast and getting hubby's coffee and lunch for work.. and then I start doing things around the house.. it is so damn big I have 6 rooms to vacume.. and all those dishes to do.. and still boxes to go through in our bedroom.. all the other rooms are done.. I want new feet right now cuz mine hurt like hell and so does my back...

I took advantage of my jaquzze bath tub last night seem to help me sleep but it still hurts today..

the dr office called me today and he wants me to do these infussions because of the arthritis and my shots dont last long.. the infussions are supose to last longer... I hope it works.. I said I would try it..

anyway have a good night all and talk to you tomorrow I am heading to the bed cuz tomorrow is another early day.. man I have been going to bed at 12:00 and getting up at 5:30am not enough sleep...

I am going to my water areobics tomorrow at 4:00pm I need the water.. I hope I can do the eliptical tomorrow..

nite nite
    sheila
  • cmriverside
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47038-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-8-march-27-april?page=6

Jamie, this is the link to the page where you asked the question about heart rate monitors and the answers you got.

If I were you, I'd go to Amazon.com - type in "Heart Rate Monitors" and start reading. You will get all the different popular ones, reviews from people who bought them, the best prices on the internet, and then you can go to the individual manufacturers' sites for comparison between their different models.

I have the Polar F6 and I love it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Women%92s-Polar-F6-Heart-Monitor/dp/B000F64UKU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1239158005&sr=8-8

People - if we are on a machine at the gym, that's exercise. If we are moving around at home, gardening, moving boxes, that's exercise too. I have to catch myself when I can't get to the gym to see the magic number on the treadmill. I guess its part of transferring this activity to lifestyle. You GO Ladies! :smokin:

I'm still working on the sit-up challenge (week 5) and the push-up challenge (week 2). I really had to push myself on the treadmill today. I set the speed but my head kept telling me, "you cant go that fast, are you crazy?' But I ignored it and finished my intervals. Anyone else have that problem?
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    HI, gang! Just got home from work and am thinking I will get some house work done tonight so I can exercise tomorrow. Imagine that. I am thinking about exercise! Can someone feel my forehead and see if I have a fever? :happy:

Yari, welcome - this is a great group! Just be careful of that crazy cat in a bag! She may be the thin twin, but she is definitely the bad cop! (Check back a few pages)

Li4g and CM, you guys should be more like me, an Aquarius. We just love everyone!

Hey, here are a couple of pics from my vacation! MyCamera224.jpg

Can you see the whale in this one? Well, look harder! :angry: Its right under the water (top left)! All my whale pics are like that. Pretty fantastic, huh?

I do like this one: ]
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Soooooo is everyone having a good week? I hope so! Do you all have four day weeks because of the holiday? Hope so! I am definitely in need of a day off!
    Today I walked my dog. I do this everyday even when it is cold out like today. I also did Centergy (hatha yoga, pilates, and tai-chi combo). Has anyone done the Couch to 5K program? Today was my second day in he first week. I started it last week but decided to repeat week one cause I missed a day.
    Hope you all are kicking some butt! :glasses: :happy:
    Goodnight!
    Jamie

ummm... my timex doesnt have a model # on it but lemme see. The watch portion is light grey and has a light blue and black face. It says Timex Fitness HRM and has a 27 lap memory and indiglo night light. It counts calories, has a timer and an alarm (hmm didnt know about that! duh!) and gives a recovery rate when your done working out so you can see how long it takes for your heart rate to return to normal. Its waterproof so I can wear it in the pool and came with a chest strap that isnt too uncomfy.
    It was normally about $100 at Krogers (Fred Meyers) but you can find them cheaper online. I was a bit impatient when I bought mine and found it on sale, but still prolly coulda got it cheaper via the web......

Oh, wait... duh... I just realized I can look it up and give you a link... sorry.. Im tired... LOL

here ya go..
    http://www.timex.com/gp/product/B000P0TQC8/sr=1-20/qid=1239165149/ref=sr_1_20/187-4772775-0498105?ie=UTF8&m=A1S5XB33AHYRMX&n=238510011&timexBrand=core
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Jaime... I wear my HRM all the time and it has a timer in it. When Im not using it at the gym, I set the timer to 2 1/2 hours after I eat so when I get busy it will beep at me to remind me to eat something. Seems to work good for me. Im ok when Im not doing much of anything, but get me busy and I can go all day without eating, which isnt good! Before I got the HRM.. I used the alarm on my cell phone. :laugh:

Jamie yeahthat.gif

Because that is what I do....I am really scared that Li4g and I were separated at birth. She finishes my sentences all the time and we've never even met.....:wink:

LOLOL CM....if thats the case... Im the good twin...:bigsmile:

Twins...we can't be twins, we are different ages...I'm Gemini, though - I suppose you are too?
    I'll be the thin twin:devil:

Nope, Im a Leo.. LOL.. but my hubby is a gemini and I have a gemini & Leo tattoo on my shoulder.

Thin twin:noway: :laugh: see... I knew she was :devil: :devil: :devil:
    HA!

Yikes. My mom was a Leo.Hiding-2.gif

My dad was a Gemini, though, so we ganged up on her :happy:

I'm a Cancer - I'm here to keep the peace between the two of you!! I WILL pinch the first one that gets out of line!!:glasses:

notme2.gifSheMadeMeDoIt.giftheng_innocent.jpg
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    I do like this one: MyCamera327.jpg
    just fixin the second one so I can see it....
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    WOW, nice shot!!

PS. That reminds me, I need to clean my camera before I leave.. LOL
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    wuwu - pinch Li4g, I bruise easily, and anyway, her bottom is already sore, and SHE STARTED IT. CrossedArms.gif

See... shes :devil: :devil: :devil: ... always causing trouble..:tongue:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    WOW, nice shot!!

PS. That reminds me, I need to clean my camera before I leave.. LOL

Thanks, I was trying to figure out what I did wrong, and there it was below in your post. :laugh: :laugh:

I have bunches of shots of the ocean sans whales, just like the one I posted! :ohwell: Still, very cool to see it!
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    LOLOL!! I love garfield!

Jun27.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options

Have fun in Florida. :grumble:

shrk.gif
  • LosingIt4good
    Options

shrk.gif

:laugh: :laugh: Oh I plan on it.....

beachsmiley.gif
  • cmriverside
    Options

shrk.gif

:laugh: :laugh: Oh I plan on it.....

beachsmiley.gif

Love_246.gif
  • LosingIt4good
    Options
    Just realized I forgot to say "Hello" & "Welcome" to our new person!!!

hello17.gifhello17.gifhello17.gif

Nice to meet you Yari! Im a mom of 3 teens (17,15 & 12) and Im 35. You will love this group. If you cant tell we all have a pretty fun time! Feel free to jump in and join the conversation!

We start a new thread each week on Friday, which is also our weigh or measure days. There will be a link here at the end to the new thread once its been created.

Again... welcome aboard!!
  • swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    Good Morning Team,

It is bright and early in the morning on Wed.. 5:45 I have been up for an hour now.. my daughter had to go to her Ice skating lesons before school so I had to have her up and ready for her grandma to take her.....

well I just wanted to say welcome to our new team members..

Kristi the pictures look GREAT...

Li4g I hope you have a great time in Flordia

I was looking at a lot of excersie thing for my new house but I must wait to be finish settleing in LOL ....

anyway have a GREAT day Team and see you later on this evening