T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team ~ Week 9 ~ 4/2-4/9

Options

Replies

• jamielbeck
    jamielbeck Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i would love to join your group...could u please tell me what i have to do.

My name is Yari, I am a 28 year old from NYC, i have two beautiful kids ages 13 and 8. I saw that the 200 sit up challange was mentioned and i started that challang today....i love it..I am also doing couch to 5 k (on and off)..

I look foward to be a part of your group

:heart: :heart: Yari :heart: :heart:

Hi Yari! Welcome! Great to have you here! I joined the group about 2 weeks ago! They are all so helpful and knowledgeable! :smile:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good morning Teamies...

I am up and around exercised.. Burned 535 calories with the walk away the pounds dvd.. I love that thing...

But now I am running late and need to run to work actually I am going to drive since its a 45 mile drive..

LI4G have a great time in Florida....
  • yari
    yari Posts: 25
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning!! How is everyone doing? I am doing well, I got up this AM and did Day 2 of the 200 sit up challenge, I feel great!!! I managed to do thefour sets that they have and then the last set you go for as many sit ups as you can, I managed 10…which gave me a total of 49 sit ups…yesterday I managed 30….I have packed my gym bag and I will hit the gym during my lunch break for some cardio..I have lost 1 pound since joinging yesterday LOL….I also pack my healthy lunch snacks and breakfast…

Jamie~~nope we work the whole week…the kids last day is today and then the are off for a whole week and two days..lucky them!!! LOL~~I have been doing c 2 5k off and on for about a year, I haven’t been able to get past week four thought…I started all over again and even found some cool pod cast to run to the music and it cues you when to run and walk…i have the link at home, so I will post it later…

Lulubar~Thanks for the welcome…

CMR~~I cant even attempt the push up challenge LOL…I did my sit ups this morning and will be doing the elliptical today instead of c25k, cause I did that yesterday..

I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the warm welcome..I wanted to post to everyone individually but work is busy today, I will be back a lil later or tonight

Have a great thin day all

:heart: :heart: Yari:heart::heart:
  • yari
    Options
    HI, gang! Just got home from work and am thinking I will get some house work done tonight so I can exercise tomorrow. Imagine that. I am thinking about exercise! Can someone feel my forehead and see if I have a fever? :happy:

Yari, welcome - this is a great group! Just be careful of that crazy cat in a bag! She may be the thin twin, but she is definitely the bad cop! (Check back a few pages)

Li4g and CM, you guys should be more like me, an Aquarius. We just love everyone!

Hey, here are a couple of pics from my vacation! MyCamera224.jpg

Can you see the whale in this one? Well, look harder! :angry: Its right under the water (top left)! All my whale pics are like that. Pretty fantastic, huh?

I do like this one: ]

I see the whale wow awesome pic!!!
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning!! How is everyone doing? I am doing well, I got up this AM and did Day 2 of the 200 sit up challenge, I feel great!!! I managed to do thefour sets that they have and then the last set you go for as many sit ups as you can, I managed 10…which gave me a total of 49 sit ups…yesterday I managed 30….I have packed my gym bag and I will hit the gym during my lunch break for some cardio..I have lost 1 pound since joinging yesterday LOL….I also pack my healthy lunch snacks and breakfast…

Jamie~~nope we work the whole week…the kids last day is today and then the are off for a whole week and two days..lucky them!!! LOL~~I have been doing c 2 5k off and on for about a year, I haven’t been able to get past week four thought…I started all over again and even found some cool pod cast to run to the music and it cues you when to run and walk…i have the link at home, so I will post it later…

Lulubar~Thanks for the welcome…

CMR~~I cant even attempt the push up challenge LOL…I did my sit ups this morning and will be doing the elliptical today instead of c25k, cause I did that yesterday..

I just wanted to stop by and thank everyone for the warm welcome..I wanted to post to everyone individually but work is busy today, I will be back a lil later or tonight

Have a great thin day all

:heart: :heart: Yari:heart::heart:

Yari,
    Sorry to hear you do not have off on friday. I've heard a lot of companies are phasing that day off out. My boyfriend thinks its ridiculous that I have off. Is it a guy that talks and tells you when to run or walk? I also found an application for ipod/iphones that allows you to listen to your own music while following the couch to 5K program and it tells you when to do what. I haven't tried it yet but might over the weekend, I want to look more into it. Are you on week 4 now?
    Have a great day!
    Jamie :smile:
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    StillKristi I can see the whales! The pictures look nice and much warmer than here! :glasses:
    Hope you had a great time!
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/47038-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team-week-8-march-27-april?page=6

Jamie, this is the link to the page where you asked the question about heart rate monitors and the answers you got.

If I were you, I'd go to Amazon.com - type in "Heart Rate Monitors" and start reading. You will get all the different popular ones, reviews from people who bought them, the best prices on the internet, and then you can go to the individual manufacturers' sites for comparison between their different models.

I have the Polar F6 and I love it.
    http://www.amazon.com/Women%92s-Polar-F6-Heart-Monitor/dp/B000F64UKU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_8?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1239158005&sr=8-8

You are so good! It would have taken me forever to find that again. I'm still learning and realized today there was an easier way for me to get back to thread than what I had been doing. Thank you for the recommendation CM! I will check into it!
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Soooooo is everyone having a good week? I hope so! Do you all have four day weeks because of the holiday? Hope so! I am definitely in need of a day off!
    Today I walked my dog. I do this everyday even when it is cold out like today. I also did Centergy (hatha yoga, pilates, and tai-chi combo). Has anyone done the Couch to 5K program? Today was my second day in he first week. I started it last week but decided to repeat week one cause I missed a day.
    Hope you all are kicking some butt! :glasses: :happy:
    Goodnight!
    Jamie

ummm... my timex doesnt have a model # on it but lemme see. The watch portion is light grey and has a light blue and black face. It says Timex Fitness HRM and has a 27 lap memory and indiglo night light. It counts calories, has a timer and an alarm (hmm didnt know about that! duh!) and gives a recovery rate when your done working out so you can see how long it takes for your heart rate to return to normal. Its waterproof so I can wear it in the pool and came with a chest strap that isnt too uncomfy.
    It was normally about $100 at Krogers (Fred Meyers) but you can find them cheaper online. I was a bit impatient when I bought mine and found it on sale, but still prolly coulda got it cheaper via the web......

Oh, wait... duh... I just realized I can look it up and give you a link... sorry.. Im tired... LOL

here ya go..
    http://www.timex.com/gp/product/B000P0TQC8/sr=1-20/qid=1239165149/ref=sr_1_20/187-4772775-0498105?ie=UTF8&m=A1S5XB33AHYRMX&n=238510011&timexBrand=core

Thank you Thank you!
    Hope you have a great time in Florida!!! :happy:
  • yari
    Options
    Jamie~~We have never had that day off, i mean we can take it but it will be deducted from our personal time~~ I had a podcast where a guy would talk and give you a lil pep talk before you started each run, but the music was too techy for me..I found one where the music is non-techno, but fast paced and instead of talking it goes 5-4-3-2-1-0 as the cue to run/walk...where did you find that app, i would love it...I am starting all over again, because i fell off big time...I am on day 2 of week 1...

Had some almonds for a snack, i think i am waiting too much in between meals, by the time lunch rolls around i am starving!!!! :sad: :sad:

• indianagranny
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Just checking in finally.

Welcome Yari! You will love this group - real fun, motivational, supportive, and full of knowledge.

Kristi -thanks for sharing the picture - enjoyed them.

LI4G - have a fantastic time in Florida.

Anita - doing the walk away dvds also. they are quick and similiar for me to do after working all night.

DRWY- glad to hear the folks are coming down. Hope you all have a real good time.

Well I have gotten in my aerobics and my dinner - I will eat breakfast when I get up - I am going to catch some sleep. You girls sees what mischief you can gather up for me when I get up Have a good day everyone. Talk at you later
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Morning, all. Welcome, Yari! Not all of us are as crazy as others... some are worse! LOL

Son seems to be doing better with allergy medicine, so we are leaning towards he didn't aspirate anything when he choked... hoping to avoid that procedure and causing more trauma to his already existing oral aversion... it was the first surgery that made him stop eating, he didn't eat solid foods until he was nearly 4 yrs old (had the surgery at 8 mos). So we'd really like to keep things the way they are, since he eats now (although still has problems with a lot of textures).

Ready to head off to the gym, LI4G is being a lazy bum and is still asleep... Not having someone to talk to really makes that elliptical B-O-R-I-N-G... I'm on Day 1 week 2 of the situp challenge... I think my back needs to be adjusted becuz it creaks and cracks and hurts a bit when I do the situps. My hubby said it made his stomach hurt just watching me (we were watching tv while I did mine).

About the couch to 5K, I looked at it, but it costs money, which I don't want to spend.. isn't it basically you try to run for a number of seconds, then walk for a number of seconds, and try to build up the number you run?
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone - good morning! Good to see you all. Li4g, have a great trip. You and CMR crack me up with your emoticons! How do you find so many that are just right? Too funny!

Yari, sounds like you are an exercise pro like the rest of this bunch! That's my big challenge. Ugh! Still, when I do get going, I know I feel great! Its just getting over the first hump!

Jamie, tell your bf that its crazy NOT to have a day off! I work 4 10s and I love it. The only hard part is getting meals in at the right time and in the right proportion so I don't wind up skipping and then binging - but that the kind of work I do, not the 10 hour day. We have the longest work week in the developed world - the average American works 56 hours a week - while the average European works between 32 and 35 hours a week. Hmmmmm...... That's messed up!

Speaking of work, we are having a biggest loser contest and so far I am winning! I think I feel my happy dance coming on......... fatbellydancer.gif

And with that, gotta get ready to go to work! Catch you all later!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    WTG Stillkristi!! happy dance with ya!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    Morning, all. Welcome, Yari! Not all of us are as crazy as others... some are worse! LOL

Son seems to be doing better with allergy medicine, so we are leaning towards he didn't aspirate anything when he choked... hoping to avoid that procedure and causing more trauma to his already existing oral aversion... it was the first surgery that made him stop eating, he didn't eat solid foods until he was nearly 4 yrs old (had the surgery at 8 mos). So we'd really like to keep things the way they are, since he eats now (although still has problems with a lot of textures).

Ready to head off to the gym, LI4G is being a lazy bum and is still asleep... Not having someone to talk to really makes that elliptical B-O-R-I-N-G... I'm on Day 1 week 2 of the situp challenge... I think my back needs to be adjusted becuz it creaks and cracks and hurts a bit when I do the situps. My hubby said it made his stomach hurt just watching me (we were watching tv while I did mine).

About the couch to 5K, I looked at it, but it costs money, which I don't want to spend.. isn't it basically you try to run for a number of seconds, then walk for a number of seconds, and try to build up the number you run?

Hey, I meant to ask how your son is, and you beat me to the post, so to speak! :wink: Glad to hear he is doing better! Thats scary stuff! Have a great time at the gym, though you will be bored. Remember just a few weeks ago when the elliptical was a mystery and a challenge not to be taken lightly? Now it bores you! Such is success!
  • stillkristi
    Options
    fatbellydancer.gif

Those coconuts really chafe!
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Jamie~~We have never had that day off, i mean we can take it but it will be deducted from our personal time~~ I had a podcast where a guy would talk and give you a lil pep talk before you started each run, but the music was too techy for me..I found one where the music is non-techno, but fast paced and instead of talking it goes 5-4-3-2-1-0 as the cue to run/walk...where did you find that app, i would love it...I am starting all over again, because i fell off big time...I am on day 2 of week 1...

Had some almonds for a snack, i think i am waiting too much in between meals, by the time lunch rolls around i am starving!!!! :sad: :sad:

Yari - I started eating string cheese and either an apple or a cup of cherry tomatoes in the morning between lunch and breakfast and that has helped a lot! I found the techno podcast one where he talks, it didn't really work for me. The one I found through itunes links with your ipod. I think the app is 2.99 but I sent it to my bf to check into it before I did anything. He said we'll look at it tonight so I will let you know. I am right with you. Yesterday was my 2nd day of week one. Tomorrow will be the last of week 1. Yea! :drinker:
    Have a great day!
    Jamie:smile:
  • jamielbeck
    Options

Adopt4, Glad your son is doing better! :smile:
    As far as I know there is not a cost for the Couch to 5K program, you just follow the instructions they have there. Here's the link I use.
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
    If you scroll down the training plan is listed. I know you can click on an area to download and purchase and active trainer type thing where you can log your progress against the program. But I don't see a need to do that.:wink:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    fatbellydancer.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're killing me! I'm glad you're back ~ I missed you!
  • jamielbeck
    Options
    Hey, everyone - good morning! Good to see you all. Li4g, have a great trip. You and CMR crack me up with your emoticons! How do you find so many that are just right? Too funny!

Yari, sounds like you are an exercise pro like the rest of this bunch! That's my big challenge. Ugh! Still, when I do get going, I know I feel great! Its just getting over the first hump!

Jamie, tell your bf that its crazy NOT to have a day off! I work 4 10s and I love it. The only hard part is getting meals in at the right time and in the right proportion so I don't wind up skipping and then binging - but that the kind of work I do, not the 10 hour day. We have the longest work week in the developed world - the average American works 56 hours a week - while the average European works between 32 and 35 hours a week. Hmmmmm...... That's messed up!

Speaking of work, we are having a biggest loser contest and so far I am winning! I think I feel my happy dance coming on......... fatbellydancer.gif

And with that, gotta get ready to go to work! Catch you all later!

You work 4 10s? What do you do? I understand what you mean about meals. My mom is a nurse so growing up we would always eat better meals the days she was off. When Dad was in charge of meals it was either spaghetti or fast food. haha. He did his best. Thankfully for my little brothers his cooking has now improved since they got a great grill :laugh:
    Have a great workout and WHOOOOOO! on leading the bigger loser contest at work! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    fatbellydancer.gif

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You're killing me! I'm glad you're back ~ I missed you!

awww kristi, we missed ya girl!!!

So I made it to work.. I've had a super busy morning and stressful at that.. My family is having so much drama right now!! I am a comfort eater but last night my husband just sat with me and said lets walk, lets do something to help your stress.. So we did something else :laugh: !!!
    What was nice is I didn't find the urge to eat.. I was done with dinner and wasn't hungry at all.. I didn't want to comfort eat!! I am so amazed by that...

I did sneak on the scale this morning and am down a pound so I've lost my first 25.. I want that happy dance Kristi...

Yari, Welcome.. this team is great.. There is so much support here..

Everyone have a great day..

Anita