what tattoos have you got? =)

Options

Replies

• iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I have several... two of which I actually tattooed on myself.

1. My middle name on the nape of my neck.
    2. "Non timebo mala, quoniam tu mecum es" on my left wrist, with a cross below it.
    3. Two ancient hawaiian petroglyphs morphed into one on my right wrist: one meaning "protector", the second meaning "wisdom".
    4. My sons name over my heart.
    5. A spider web on the outside of my left leg, with "fearless" written over it in japanese.
    6. On my inner left ankle/leg I have a honu (turtle), with two hibiscus flowers, and onipa'a written below it (meaning "to be steadfast"), and then I tattooed a butterfly on one of the flowers myself.
    7. "Kanakafied" written in old english going down my spine.
    8. Two hawaiian flags on my left and right shoulder blades.
    9. Four flowers on my back - a purple rose for my sister, a red carnation for my grandma, a puakenikeni for my mom, and a dandilion for my son.
    10. Three stars on my inner left leg/ankle, which I did myself, in red, yellow and green (rasta colors!)

Those are my tattoos, but I also have a skin-removal scarification on my outer left leg of a hibiscus flower. I plan to get a LOT more done in the future, once I lose weight. It'll be my reward!

I'm sure my post would be much more interesting with pictures, but unfortunately I don't have any pics on this computer. I'm at work, bored. lol

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I have six. My fav is my back one in honor of my father. I hope to get it finished when we move back to the states.
    Mywings.jpg
  • lgoss87
    lgoss87 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1st 2002 - tribal- ish small design on my lower back
    2nd 2005(summer) - star with a cross in for my grandma on right wrist
    3rd 2005(Xmas) - more stars added as a mark of uni being a big change, which can be seen in my profile pic
    4th 2006 - roses going round my left wrist
    5th 2006 - big design up my left side of butterflies bird and fairy
    6th 2007 - swallows on left shoulder and right shoulder on my back for my Pop
    7th 2007 - "god heft de wereld gemaakt maar, de nederlanders hebben nederlands gebouwd" across stretching across left and right foot :)

I want more but I moved and cant find a good tattooist / the money to get more!
  • LeilaFace
    LeilaFace Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have few pics at the moment but I have:

-"so it goes" tattooed on the back of my neck. It was my first _DSC0193.jpg

-two doves tattooed on my inner arms
    34570_450527651336_780441336_5740511_3254143_n.jpg
    (that's my daughter when she was 3 months old. She's almost two now!}

-I have a rubber duck tattooed on my right big toe. My friend has a matching rubber duck on her thumb, we both got it on spring break. He needs a touch up.

-I have a skull with a rose through the eye on my shoulder. It's..not intended to be morbid. It's a mascot for one of the squadrons my dad was in when he was in the air force. We always moved but every new home we had, my mom always kept her pens in this cup that had that image on it. It always stuck out to me, so I got it tattooed on my shoulder.

-I have some lyrics to "all you need is love" by the beatles tattooed on my left calf.

I'm intending on getting an upper arm piece done when I lose weight. I don't want to do it now because I don't know how it will look after, since I have 80lbs to lose and I'm hoping my upper arms shrink and tone up.

What a beautiful baby too! love the neck tat!
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    -I have a leafless tree on the back of my neck for commemorate my battle with childhood depression and ti remind me on my dark days that it all turns green again eventually.
    -A mermaid/fishies.bubble on my arms. Because...well to be honest because I was high and my dad was dating a tattoo artist who did it for free. But I am also fascinated by mermaids,and mystical beings.
    -Getting a memorial tattoo next week for my little baby in heaven. Going to be a yellow balloon floating upwards and the pooh bear quote "sometimes its the smallest things that take up the most room in your heart" Probably on my ribs or back.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A half-leg full of fantasy insects!!
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    I have six tattoos, but I don't really want to post them as I prefer to remain anonymous on here, don't want friends knowing what I'm doing...lol

Can't resist posting this one though.

20pbsy8.jpg
  • anonymousbee
    Options
    I have six tattoos, but I don't really want to post them as I prefer to remain anonymous on here, don't want friends knowing what I'm doing...lol

Can't resist posting this one though.

20pbsy8.jpg

Ooooh that's sooo cool! Never thought of that! I'm a huge Harry Potter fan! :D
  • mrskesler
    mrskesler Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have 2:
    1. A Thai Long Boat on my back
    2. Il Faut Respirer (just breathe in French) under my left boob/by my ribs
  • dollymixsix
    Options
    Thank you. I love it. :)
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    1) a tree of life on the outside of my left breast

2) my husbands name on my left ring finger

3) a fairy on the back of my neck (i wish i had a pic of it, it is freakin awesome)

4) birds in flight along the left side of my collar bone

and i have several more in mind that I'm wanting to get
  • lonaneomaflame
    Options
    I'm not sure how to post pictures on here.... But I got one back in june for my kids who have passed away. It is composed of a pandabear for my stepson, a pumpkin for my oldest bio baby, a butterfly for my middle baby and a snow flake for my youngest. It is all surounded in an open heart made out of swerlies

If the picture pops up, it was taken a few hours It was done.

261691_235686163112144_193562857324475_1170433_68444_n.jpg
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    My one and only at the moment...a lotus flower on the back of my neck...symbolic then and helped me face my problems and still symbolic now. Have ideas for several more...just need the money. :ohwell:

DSC02079-1.jpg
  • bonifachi
    bonifachi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    celtic tramp stamp (will cover it one day)
    binding rune, inside of arm
    freckle birds on shoulders
    mezzoforte on hip
    russian doll on other hip
    one owl on each calf
    a skeleton key on my right ribcage

I really should get pictures one day!~
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If I knew how to add pics from my android phone I would o have my oldest sons footprint on left foot and 76 Capricorn symbol on right ankle
  • anonymousbee
    Options
    Can someone tell me please i know its probably different for everyone but is getting a tattoo really painful?! :( I would love to get a small subtle meaningful quote or symbol but im really scared of the pain lol, can you get anything to numb it before they do it so you wont feel anything? im such a wuss lol :P
  • brittanyla077
    brittanyla077 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yeh it stings the only bad thing is when they keep going over the same spot
    but I ha e high pain tolerance...
  • lonaneomaflame
    Options
    Can someone tell me please i know its probably different for everyone but is getting a tattoo really painful?! :( I would love to get a small subtle meaningful quote or symbol but im really scared of the pain lol, can you get anything to numb it before they do it so you wont feel anything? im such a wuss lol :P

I was worried about that too, but I got mine on my left shoulder and I actually fell asleep during it. It only hurt in a couple spots where it was write along the edge of my shoulder bone and when he was coloring in the Panda bear because it was sore by then.

I plan on getting another of pink and blue hand prints up my back possibably with my kids birthdates.
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My name on my left shoulder and an ankh; my fratnernity's scroll on my left bicep (KAY); Aries Ram head on right bicep with my nickname (Dukes - of course) and the Aries zodiac symbol on my back. All done in my late teens early twenties.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options

No, getting stabbed repeatedly with a needle gun feels like cherubs patting you with flowers...:smokin:

The only tat I have atm are the outline of my cat's (now deceased) pawprints on my bicep, where she used to put her paws every night when we slept.

I do however have my foot piece(s), calf piece, thigh piece, and half sleeve going on to the back planned out. Anyone feel like donating to the" I need tattoo's fund?"