Man's Rules

Options

Replies

• taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Thank you for putting these up. I have a general rule of not getting into a serious relationship if she do not understand and accept atleast 90% of these rules :)
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*
  • SouthernSweetie74
    Options
    LOL Love this! :)
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that the toilet seat should always be down as the default because both men and women use it in the "down" position for at least one...um, action. Women use it that way for both. 4 possible bathroom jobs and only 1 requires standing/lid up. Put it down, boys.

(Why yes, I did grow up with 4 men...how could you tell?) :laugh:

Since a woman has to have it down for all actions, shouldn't she be more practiced about how to verify where they are placing their *kitten*?

Why should I have to be the one putting it down all the time when it's designed to sit that way and more time is spent on it in that position? I've never had a splash landing myself. The point is, if you're in the minority for how it is used, you should be the one to put it back the way it's supposed to be. Also, if you're not a freaking monkey you can pee close and accurately enough to not get it on the seat in the down position anyway. But that would be like, hard and stuff...

There's a thesis been written on this subject - it appears the debate is not up or down it is simply women are unaccustomed to changing seat position whereas men move it appropriately all the time.

Therefore its not if it should be left down it's you lot are to F'in layzy to just move it and give up whining about it. Men like to do women like to talk

Yet here you are. Talking at me. Generalizing all this "lot" (women) as lazy. Go do something, then. Like taking the time to spell "lazy" and "too" appropriately. There's an exercise in irony. If everyone made sure the seat was down and ready for the next person, it wouldn't be an issue. It's called consideration. When you live by yourself you can do whatever you want. When you live with someone else, you might have to consider them in your actions. But god forbid you ever be forced to do that.

Kind of applies to scratching your balls in public, too. And a lot of other things on this stupid list. Why be considerate of others when you can be a rude little chimp?

But you see you are generalising to and trying to put your hang ups on me - because I don't care if the seat is up and down doesn't mean I should put it in your preferred position. Just because you are uptight about speeeeling doesn't mean I could care less.

Also in England the birth place of English we use s where a lot of English (US) use z - do I need to change this too?

This is half the problem with women - they consider consideration to be to do what they say.

BTW - for the record - I am being slightly ironic, but possibly less so now - cos I see you take this aggressive patronising line quite a lot (that non generalised for you)

Edit for.....

Scratch balls! - I haul em up with my hand down my pants, no messing there

offended.jpg

I understand the difference between British Standard English and American English. I've still never seen "lazy" with a random y thrown in the middle. But thanks so much for "educating" me. And missing the point entirely.

But more to the topic, if men want to know why they are often regarded as bumbling fools in the media, this list is why. "Hee hee, we have no manners, how funny! Boys will be boys, lol." Grow up, fellas.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    On a side note, the thing that pisses me off about the toilet seat thing is I will usually make an effort to leave the seat down without even being asked to. But the one time I forget I always seem to hear about it. Of course, I didn't hear one "Thank you" the previous 99 times I left it down for you.

You're welcome.

Things like that make us not want to leave the seat down anymore.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I think this applies...

302970_210483002358175_127583850648091_506960_127287976_n.jpeg&ei=YRWgT9u7I8zggge4j8maDg&sa=X&oi=unauthorizedredirect&ct=targetlink&ust=1335893097583348&usg=AFQjCNGJPjsEvWiCW0WQ-nl1JYdiTJZxjQ
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    After reading this list, I had to go check that I do not, in fact, have a penis.

I was almost convinced I was a man for a minute there.

I checked though, and I still have a vagina, despite agreeing with everything on this list.

Go to Dr and have Dr slap bottom to see if penis pops out you may be a late bloomer BWAAA
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I would like to point out that the toilet seat should always be down as the default because both men and women use it in the "down" position for at least one...um, action. Women use it that way for both. 4 possible bathroom jobs and only 1 requires standing/lid up. Put it down, boys.

Since a woman has to have it down for all actions, shouldn't she be more practiced about how to verify where they are placing their *kitten*?

Why should I have to be the one putting it down all the time when it's designed to sit that way and more time is spent on it in that position? I've never had a splash landing myself. The point is, if you're in the minority for how it is used, you should be the one to put it back the way it's supposed to be. Also, if you're not a freaking monkey you can pee close and accurately enough to not get it on the seat in the down position anyway. But that would be like, hard and stuff...

There's a thesis been written on this subject - it appears the debate is not up or down it is simply women are unaccustomed to changing seat position whereas men move it appropriately all the time.

Therefore its not if it should be left down it's you lot are to F'in layzy to just move it and give up whining about it. Men like to do women like to talk

Yet here you are. Talking at me. Generalizing all this "lot" (women) as lazy. Go do something, then. Like taking the time to spell "lazy" and "too" appropriately. There's an exercise in irony. If everyone made sure the seat was down and ready for the next person, it wouldn't be an issue. It's called consideration. When you live by yourself you can do whatever you want. When you live with someone else, you might have to consider them in your actions. But god forbid you ever be forced to do that.

Kind of applies to scratching your balls in public, too. And a lot of other things on this stupid list. Why be considerate of others when you can be a rude little chimp?

But you see you are generalising to and trying to put your hang ups on me - because I don't care if the seat is up and down doesn't mean I should put it in your preferred position. Just because you are uptight about speeeeling doesn't mean I could care less.

Also in England the birth place of English we use s where a lot of English (US) use z - do I need to change this too?

This is half the problem with women - they consider consideration to be to do what they say.

BTW - for the record - I am being slightly ironic, but possibly less so now - cos I see you take this aggressive patronising line quite a lot (that non generalised for you)

Edit for.....

Scratch balls! - I haul em up with my hand down my pants, no messing there

offended.jpg

I understand the difference between British Standard English and American English. I've still never seen "lazy" with a random y thrown in the middle. But thanks so much for "educating" me. And missing the point entirely.

But more to the topic, if men want to know why they are often regarded as bumbling fools in the media, this list is why. "Hee hee, we have no manners, how funny! Boys will be boys, lol." Grow up, fellas.

I don't want to grow up if it means losing my sense of humor.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Makes sense to me...

But if I learn your rules, you better learn mine ;-p

:laugh: Guys rules are so much easier to remember, ours are too freaking complicated!
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1. Shopping is NOT a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.

:huh: :grumble:

If is if you let me snipe Wal-Mart customers with Airsoft guns while you shop!

JM

Hmm now a reason to go to Wal-Mart
  • MarkReynolds50
    Options
    so we are smart enough to check if it is down and to lift it but you struggle with the opposite?
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    UuEaS.jpg
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options

You want it down. I want it up. I put the seat up when I want it up. Why can't you put it down when you want to use it? Will that 0.4 of a second spent putting it down really ruin your day so entirely?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    The toilet seat goes down so the dogs and/or children don't drink the water.

And yes, it drives me nuts when people expect their partners to read minds and or get hints. I try to be as straight forward as possible.
  • m60kaf
    m60kaf Posts: 421 Member
    Options

That's like next level of control freakery. If 'do what I say doesn't work' go for lame justification.
  • will010574
    will010574 Posts: 761 Member
    Options

And yes, it drives me nuts when people expect their partners to read minds and or get hints. I try to be as straight forward as possible.

My dog likes drinking out of the toilet so I let him...the kids don't bother drinking out of the toilet so I consider that a win!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    Toilets wouldn't be a problem if there were urinals in them..........:laugh:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Opps, I meant the lid.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I live alone these days, but I'm a seat down guy.

Basically because I'm not going to flush the toilet with the lid up. When you flush, stuff in the toilet can travel up to 20 feet I believe it is.

Problem solved. :)
  • LiteBrite007
    LiteBrite007 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    HOLY *kitten* I THINK I'M A MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!