That Moment When...

Options

Replies

• Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    That moment I found out I could do handstand pushups even at #300. Score one for muscle overcoming fat.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    That moment when you don't freak out over a 'someone posted new photos of you' notification on facebook because you're afraid people will see how fat you are.
    ...you get that awesome endorphin rush when you've pushed your body to its breaking point and then go beyond.
    You realize you like that "omg I'm going to die" feeling when your doing cardio.

These^, and:

That moment when you realize that, not only are you making it through the whole workout, but you are working harder every time you do it.

....when your husband picks you up for the first time in years, and then starts doing it every day when he gets home.

...when he constantly feels and squeezes your arms, legs, butt. CONSTANTLY lol.

....when you can keep pace with the instructor.

....when you reach down and grab your thigh and realize it's firm, and you aren't even flexing.

....when you finally go to buy new clothes and you have gone from a 14 to a 6, and you weren't expecting it at all.

....when you realize people look at you, smile at you, and men open doors for you, and it's not all because you've lost weight, but because you are more confident and it shows. People may have been looking and smiling at me all along, but I wouldn't know because I never looked at anyone.

....the first time I held a 60 second plank.

...the first time I ran a mile.

.... I could go on and on forever.
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I love all these posts!! Can't wait to reach some of these moments!!!
    I have had one so far:

Twice a week I have been huffing and puffing through cardio classes with a tough (and wonderful) instructor. I never give up no matter how hard she pushes me!
    Finally, the other night, one of the 'fit' chicks said "this is a really hard class..you're doing a great job!"
    Oh YES!
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Need some encouragement this morning - the workout took it all out of me :/ - help me out, friends.
  • judejacklucy
    Options
    Going shopping with my friends and realizing I've lost 2 pant sizes and my girlfriend *lovingly* called me a skinny b*tch. :)
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That moment when you wake up and tell yourself that you just can do the workout this morning - and then you roll over and get dressed, move to the living room and begin.

Win.
  • AubreysMommy30
    AubreysMommy30 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    That moment when I realized I didn't have to turn to the side to pass someone in the hallway at the office!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    The moment you realize that your butt is getting so small that your pants won't stay up.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    That moment when you put on a new pair of jeans and your husband does a double take :)
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    That moment when you realize that you need to increase your weights in your workout because the ones you're currently using are too easy to lift.
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    That moment when you realise your days of being too shy to call out to classmates and join the biggest groups of people chatting are far behind you! All because of increased confidence from realising you don't actually look like **** anymore :)
  • arrich02
    Options
    bump
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That moment when... You put on the t-shirts that you stole from your 6'ft 230lb bf which used to JUST FIT (or was a little snug) and they start to fall off your shoulder :):)
  • KimmySue72
    KimmySue72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    That Moment When...

You go to get your taxes done, and the tax preparer you only see one time each year greets you with, "You look really good!" You smile, thinking it's just small talk, and when everything is finished and you're about to leave her office, she says again, "You know, you look REALLY good, I can tell you've lost weight!" And, you proceed to tell her about MFP and she writes everything down so she can check it out for herself.

Happened to me just yesterday! :)
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    :happy: You can go shopping in your "too little" part of the closet :happy:
  • PughTooFew
    PughTooFew Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ....you reach the top of the hill and listen to the quiet for a moment before you realise that what you aren't hearing is you wheezing and gasping for breath! :bigsmile:
  • swissmiss8
    swissmiss8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    you realize that a few months of hard work has added years to your life!!!!:noway:
  • roadworthy
    Options
    That moment when...you wake up in the morning and your favourite flannel pj's are halfway down to your ankles!:) This happened this morning and hubby is swearing it wasn't him!!
  • heleflump
    Options
    That moment you discover a new game - putting on (and taking off) your jeans without undoing either the zip or button - provides endless hours of amusement - and a huge grin on my face!!:happy:
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    When you make bad choices for one day and don't freak out because you know you'll be right back at it the next day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!