That Moment When...

Options

Replies

• Chantal34
    Options
    I noticed recently that my butt is looking particularly perky lately (started doing Squats with dumbells at the gym)

I can see the definition of abs forming

I noticed that my arms are getting leaner and firmer (I use a resistance band and 8 lb weights at my desk at work....my motto is:If I can't get to the gym, I will bring the gym to me. No excuses!!!)
  • Chantal34
    Options
    Looking at junk food actually makes me sick to my stomach now...how can people put that mess in their bodies???:sick:
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I've been needing a shot of motivation. Congrats, everyone!
  • TheBooBooStew
    TheBooBooStew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That moment when...

Your baby neice hugs you and says, "OMG!!! I can get my arms all the way around you!!"

and they want to hug you all day long!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That moment when you realize you can cycle up the BIG hill non-stop and not even get puffed.
  • foramanwhohashope
    foramanwhohashope Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    When your walking back from the gym all high and mighty, and trip over a wire.

Oops, wrong moment? :)
  • sarabunny5
    Options
    When you finally have muscles and people tell you you look good :)
  • reserge
    reserge Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ...your stretchy waisted workout pants no longer touch your waist, but just hang there with a gap around your skin.

....you can't get comfy on your stomach in bed then realise it is because your hip bones are digging into the mattress.

....your "skinny" clothes become your "way too big and look stupid" clothes

....someone tucks your clothes tag back in for you and you are no longer embarrassed about them seeing what size you wear

.....your "normal" sized colleagues ask if they can borrow something of yours to wear

.....you are given a random photo of yourself from "before" and cannot believe how far you have come and how different you look
  • lonaneomaflame
    Options
    Tell me your moments!

That moment when you realize your thighs don't rub together any more.

I wish, hopefully sometime soon though.

The monent when you wear a dress and it doesn't show your stomach fat anymore. (the best Valentines gift ever :happy: )
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    The moment when I tried on my dress that has been sitting there for over 7yrs thinking that I still have a while to go to fit into it but it fits perfectly if not with a little extra room than it use to.
  • neenaj33
    neenaj33 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    That moment when....your belly no longer touches the steering wheel !
  • reserge
    reserge Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ...you think you must have got shorter because you can't reach the car pedals as well, but realised it is because your *kitten* ain't as fat

.....your "knee length" pants turn into "just above ankle pants". That FREAKED me out!!! Hilarious.

....you put on a t-shirt you wore on honeymoon and it looks just like it did then (little tight across boobies, but to be expected after 2 kids ;-))
  • jez26
    jez26 Posts: 13
    Options
    love this topic!

The moment when the dress in your wardrobe you had been trying to fit in is too BIG!

also when your uniforms at work get so big you have to keep going down sizes! (3 sizes so far) & also the moment when you realise you are not in plus sizes anymore!
  • charneus
    Options
    It hasn't happened for me yet (I've just started!) but I'll tell you what my moment's going to be...

That moment when you can comfortably share your full-size bed with someone and not feel crowded.
  • jez26
    jez26 Posts: 13
    Options
    I wish i could like all these posts! they are great! Especially when you have all experienced these & i know I have experienced some of these too!

I tried on my wedding dress not so long ago just after our 1 yr weddng anniversary and it justs swings around me doens't fit anywhere! :D

I was looking at my 21st b'day photos today and I think I am smaller now than I was then! :)

Ohh and another good one, the moment when you only take up your seat on the train and not bulge over onto the one next to you!
  • mukamom
    mukamom Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The seat belt buckle no longer digs into the side of your hip.

Taking extra time with hair and makeup, because you want to look as good as you feel.

Smiling at and greeting everyone you encounter during the day.

Finally getting up to 20 min on the arc trainer without falling out.

Employees and patrons of your gym start to notice your efforts and give you advice and encouragement.

Ahhh, who knew life could feel this good!
  • heathermarie517
    Options
    Love this!!
  • Zoeotis
    Zoeotis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hallfay through reading this thread
    need to bump for later
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    You all are doing so good! I am floored that so many people are into this thread. Makes me feel good to know we can all encourage each other.

That moment when you decide this spring, you're going to start running - and then you get to stir-crazy and go out in the middle of Feb.

:) Already done my first 2 runs of 2.5 miles. Already seeing improvements. Can't wait to keep going!
  • JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That moment when you're kind of bummed that you've done your workouts for the day... because you'd like to do more. The reason I won't is because my quads are screaming. 53 minutes of INSANITY and then a 2.6 mile run.

Patience, young grass-hopper. Patience.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!