That Moment When...

Options

Replies

• JonoK
    JonoK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That moment when you realize that reasonably portioned meal is indeed enough.
  • youstolemyusernamex
    youstolemyusernamex Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    That moment when you realize healthy stuff isn't so bad and it's okay to be hungry.
  • SnazzIT
    SnazzIT Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    when I look in the mirror and not recognize my face and smile after realising it is me
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    That moment you decide to pack up all of your old clothes and give them away. When you admit that you really are many sizes smaller now and need to get new clothes.

This was a truly emotional moment for me. I literally struggled, teary-eyed, to accept that it was time...that a new me had finally emerged.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Your Doc says you've probably lost enough weight. Tells you that you no longer need to take medicine for triglycerides or the two BP meds you've been on(or GERD, cluster headaches, tachycardia... had em all).

You need to buy smaller underwear cause, never mind.

You get your wedding ring resized the second time.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You see yourself in the bathroom mirror out of the corner of your eye and panic for just a second because you thought someone was following you... but then you realize it's just a smaller you. :)
  • Adphillips9
    Adphillips9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When you put a suit on for a meeting at work that was fine in February, and the pants just fall off. I currently have the waistband safety pinned in two places, so I can wear the pants without them being around my ankles.

As I've got 18 lbs to go, I don't think tailoring is in the future for this one.

I am perfectly happy with consignment shops/thrift stores for work clothes. But since I really don't have any idea what size I'll end up in 18 lbs, starting the hunt is kind of silly.

• overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    JonoK wrote: »
    That moment when you realize that reasonably portioned meal is indeed enough.

This. Or you think 'that's not enough' when you make it and left several bites on the plate cuz your full.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Bakkasan wrote: »
    That moment I found out I could do handstand pushups even at #300. Score one for muscle overcoming fat.

Awesome!!
  • caperchick78
    caperchick78 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    When the seatbelt on the plane buckled and I didn't need the belt extender. I'm pretty sure the guy next to me though I was just really really excited about flying lol.
  • 1cand0it2
    1cand0it2 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When I started "renting" clothes - buying from the consignment store and then selling it back after it got too big!
  • JonoK
    Options
    That moment when you realize healthy stuff isn't so bad and it's okay to be hungry.

Yep, being hungry is a feeling that's hard to get use to, but it's intentional and good for you. Training yourself to pay attention and then not over-eat is a huge obstacle but very rewarding.
  • JonoK
    Options
    When the seatbelt on the plane buckled and I didn't need the belt extender. I'm pretty sure the guy next to me though I was just really really excited about flying lol.

:smile: This is amazing. Congrats!
  • zoxer951
    zoxer951 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    When you realize that soda is gross...
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    when your neighbour sees you zoom by on a mountain bike for the first time and can't believe her eyes!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That moment when you realize how much you enjoy your new healthy lifestyle and know there is no way you're ever going back to your old self.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    That moment when you look in the mirror and see your face as it used to be, liking seeing an old friend. Not the imposter who took up residence for the past 20 years!
  • JonoK
    Options
    The moment when you walk out in the freezing cold to go to your garage to work out because the temp is only temporary. Results can be life changing.
  • yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That moment when a stranger at the bar tells you "You are so beautiful and sexy" ..... :o NEVER IN MY LIFE HAS A HUMAN BEING EVER CALLED ME BEAUTIFUL AND SEXY! I almost had tears in my eyes!
  • AmandaLawter
    AmandaLawter Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That moment when.......your resting heart rate has gone from a consistent 65 down to 60! Not that mine was high to begin with, but to know that I am making my heart stronger by exercising every day is awesome! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!